Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poma123)
    Does anyone have a list of all the reactions we need to know?
    I did but i lost it D: check at the back of your A2 Revise Guide and look for the relevent reactions for f334 and f332 as they cross link.

ReputationRep:
    anyone have june 2014 paper for f334 please with a markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedontom)
    Yeah all that stuff... :/ I bet there's a 6 marker on translation or something stupid -.-
    I do biology and I get really confused because both papers have questions on DNA but the marking points are completely different!

So for translation what would the 'chemistry' marking scheme be? I have
    - takes place on ribosome
    - mRNA attaches to ribosome
    -tRNA with an anticodon pairs to the complementary codon on the mRNA
    - Two tRNA held on ribosome at same time
    - Amide bond between carboxyl and amine group
    -Continues till stop codon - this is the primary structure of a protein

Is there anything else you can say? I don't feel like its very 'chemical' lol

ReputationRep:
    Can someone type up a brief 6 maker answer for translation please?
    And explain codons and that xD I can do pretty much EVERYTHING else in f334, but if this DNA stuff comes up tomorrow i'm stuffed

ReputationRep:
    Do we need to know about X rat crystallography...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAddict)
    anyone have june 2014 paper for f334 please with a markscheme?
    Go to page 7 of this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welbeck)
    Go to page 7 of this thread
    Thanks a lot i have a feeling that it will be like june 2014 apparently it was difficult.

ReputationRep:
    if it is moldm-3 divided by moldm-3 becomes 0
    If it is moldm-3 divided by (moldm-3)^2 to the power 2 then it becomes moldm-3. Power rules hope that helps.
    If it is moldm-3 divided by (moldm-3)^2 to the power 2 then it becomes moldm-3.

So how do they get positive moldm3 when they are dividing a moldm-3 by lets say (moldm-3) to the power of 4.

Power rule in maths is dividing powers means subtracting the powers right?

I got C3 on Friday, going to have to revise power rules again..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedontom)
    Wouldn't it be mol^-1dm^3 ???
    Thanks , i was getting confused .

Clears it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suyoof123)
    If it is moldm-3 divided by (moldm-3)^2 to the power 2 then it becomes moldm-3.

So how do they get positive moldm3 when they are dividing a moldm-3 by lets say (moldm-3) to the power of 4.

Power rule in maths is dividing powers means subtracting the powers right?

I got C3 on Friday, going to have to revise power rules again..
    But remeber if moldm-3 is at the top and there is two at the bottom and u cancel one of them down you end up with 1/moldm-3 1 at the top cause u cancelled down one of them. Then you have to flip it the inverse so it becomes mol-1dm^6, make sense now?

So if it moldm-3 divided by (moldm-3)^4 will be moldm-3/mol^4dm-12
    cancel one of them down it becomes 1/mol^3dm-9 then u inverse it ie put it to the top so it becomes mol-3dm^9

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot i have a feeling that it will be like june 2014 apparently it was difficult.
    June 14 was a tough bugger and the grade boundaries were the same as usual! I'm hoping we get a fairly decent paper. To be fair, they put everything you didn't want to be asked in that 1 paper!

I can't imagine it can get worse than that paper.

ReputationRep:
    But remeber if moldm-3 is at the top and there is two at the bottom and u cancel one of them down you end up with 1/moldm-3 1 at the top cause u cancelled down one of them. Then you have to flip it the inverse so it becomes mol-1dm^6, make sense now?

So if it moldm-3 divided by (moldm-3)^4 will be moldm-3/mol^4dm-12
    cancel one of them down it becomes 1/mol^3dm-9 then u inverse it ie put it to the top so it becomes mol-3dm^9
    TY TY TY TY
    TY TY TY TY

Also june 2012 2)hi) why is the co ordination number 6..and not 3 since only 3 1-2diaminoethane join onto it? or is it cause there are 6 dative covalent bonds as the 1-2diaminoethane have 2 lones pairs to form 2 dative covalent bond each.

So lets say you had Moldm-3 to the power of three, it'll be in reality Mol^3dm^-9 right and if you divided that by Moldm^-3 , then the answer would be Mol^2 dm^-6 cause the top didnt get cancelled and so you dont have to inverse the powers?

ReputationRep:
    June 14 was a tough bugger and the grade boundaries were the same as usual! I'm hoping we get a fairly decent paper. To be fair, they put everything you didn't want to be asked in that 1 paper!

I can't imagine it can get worse than that paper.
    Hence why i am analysing quetions and figuring out what they picked and predict some things i think a lot of biology will come up with some colours. Examiner reports suggests that areas of weakness were optical isomerism, redox, complex ions, some biology stuff, esterification and some other crap.

ReputationRep:
    TY TY TY TY
    TY TY TY TY

Also june 2012 2)hi) why is the co ordination number 6..and not 3 since only 3 1-2diaminoethane join onto it? or is it cause there are 6 dative covalent bonds as the 1-2diaminoethane have 2 lones pairs to form 2 dative covalent bond each.

So lets say you had Moldm-3 to the power of three, it'll be in reality Mol^3dm^-9 right and if you divided that by Moldm^-3 , then the answer would be Mol^2 dm^-6 cause the top didnt get cancelled and so you dont have to inverse the powers?
    Correct
    Let me check that june 2012 paper for u sec.

ReputationRep:
    TY TY TY TY
    TY TY TY TY

For the cordination number it will be 6 yes because it is a diamine it can form two dative covalent bonds per 1,2diaminoethane.

(NH2CH2CH2NH2) There are two opportunities here to form dative covalent as ligands are molecules with one or more lone pairs. This molecule has two lone pairs per molecule. So it will be 3x2=6 bonds formed. Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radhikagulati)
    Thank you! So for iron you would use a iron electrode and for copper you would use a copper electrode, etc x
    Iron is an exception too. Use platinum electrode.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks do we need to know the reason why iron uses a platinum electrode?

ReputationRep:
    Well not if in the question its Fe(s) --> Fe^2+ + 2e^- or something, because you have a solid Fe right?
    If it was two aqueous forms of Iron (or anything really) you use a Pt electrode?

ReputationRep:
    anyone help me with 1ei june 2014?
    Figured it out dont worry

ReputationRep:
    For the cordination number it will be 6 yes because it is a diamine it can form two dative covalent bonds per 1,2diaminoethane.

(NH2CH2CH2NH2) There are two opportunities here to form dative covalent as ligands are molecules with one or more lone pairs. This molecule has two lone pairs per molecule. So it will be 3x2=6 bonds formed. Hope that helps
    Thank you , helped again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 13, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.