Are you voting for Ukip? Watch

SJSS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lots of childish namecalling going on, what happens when you are spoon-fed anti UKIP rhetoric every day constantly through social media. The idea that UKIP voters are any more stupid than Labour or Tory voters is ridiculous, the bulk of Labour and Conservative voters are not politically engaged and just blindly vote because thats who they always voted for.
I dont plan on voting for anyone as I live in a Tory safe seat and there are no independent candidates running to waste my vote on.
I'd also add that the Torys are far more deplorable and far further right than UKIP are, its just harder to bandwagon against them because it actually takes some knowledge of whats going on and what they stand for rather than retweeting some vague tweet about some elderly local councillor that said something stupid and was immediately fired from UKIP.
CoffeeGeek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, I don't like their policies that much.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UKIP in one video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOW4VUt7alQ
koolboyb97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It really is funny how people call UKIP racist, when there the only party who wish to have an equal playing field for immigrants from all over the world. The current system discriminates against Indian people, in favour of often unskilled Europeans! But yeah.. carry on smearing ukip as "stupid" people, because that's been so successful haha
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't support UKIP, but some of the criticism of them has been ridiculous. I don't want to hear petty insults and mocking of UKIP members who have said stupid things. I don't want to hear about what Farage was like at school (this was an actual smear attempt a while ago).

I want them to be criticised for things that deserve criticism - their policies (or lack of them), their climate change denial and anti-environmentalism, their failure to turn up to votes and other meetings in the EU parliament (while still using the plight of fisherman for their campaign material, even though Farage did nothing to help when he was on a relevant committee), claiming to be an "anti establishment" party when loads of their politicians came from the establishment friendly Conservative party, voting against tax dodging clampdowns in the EU parliament and then claiming to be against tax dodging, etc.
They do get criticised for these things, but too often they are sidelined in favour of pathetic things which are much less important but make a "better" news story.
ThePunkyPunkster
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Am I voting Ukip? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAH
Very good joke, you really got me XD
JanKroskow
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
They will scrap all university fees, why wouldnt I vote?
otester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can either vote UKIP or suffer the upcoming financial crisis and I don't mean like the bump in the road in 2008.

See the Deagel 2025 forecast for the UK to get a rough idea of what I mean.
SmallDuck
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
Most UKIP voters don't have a brain so they stick to trolling on facebook. TSR is for intelligent students.
No that's Sharia Law you're thinking of.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
their failure to turn up to votes and other meetings in the EU parliament
They have made it perfectly clear time and time again that they won't partake in votes to introduce new European laws. The British public have overwhelmingly supported UKIP in the European parliament elections.

Why should they be criticised for doing something they have pledged to do and were voted in to do so? Surely more criticism should be given if they were to turn up and vote for everything despite pledging not to?
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
The British public have overwhelmingly supported UKIP in the European parliament elections.
When you factor in the low turnout, only about 9% of people actually voted for UKIP. The majority did not vote at all.

So if the British public said anything "overwhelmingly", it wasn't "we love UKIP" but was instead more like "we really really don't care about this at all".
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
When you factor in the low turnout, only about 9% of people actually voted for UKIP. The majority did not vote at all.

So if the British public said anything "overwhelmingly", it wasn't "we love UKIP" but was instead more like "we really really don't care about this at all".
So again; why should they be criticised? They did what they promised and were voted in to do... which is more than can be said for some of the other parties.
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Reue)
So again; why should they be criticised? They did what they promised and were voted in to do... which is more than can be said for some of the other parties.
I criticise them because I disagree with what they were supposedly voted in to do. I can understand a Euroskeptic party trying to block all EU regulation as it goes through the parliament. But surely it makes more sense to make the most of it while we are still in the EU to mitigate its effects? Sometimes common sense needs to come above ideological purity.

It's a bit hypocritical for Farage and UKIP to use the plight of British fishermen for their political campaigns when Farage pretty much ignored an opportunity to make a difference by turning up to only a handful of committee meetings.
samon53
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by otester)
You can either vote UKIP or suffer the upcoming financial crisis and I don't mean like the bump in the road in 2008.

See the Deagel 2025 forecast for the UK to get a rough idea of what I mean.
UKIP won't save you from any financial crisis's only create them. Any party on the right understands nothing about finance and the way the system really works if they did they either wouldn't be on the right or they already know and are corrupt.
otester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by samon53)
UKIP won't save you from any financial crisis's only create them. Any party on the right understands nothing about finance and the way the system really works if they did they either wouldn't be on the right or they already know and are corrupt.
How would UKIP create them?
samon53
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by otester)
How would UKIP create them?
By continuing to support the neo-liberal consensus, serving their corrupt rich donors, slowing immigration cutting us off from a vital workforce, failing to act on banking reform, severing ties with important European partners in the (ESA, EU, Airbus etc.,), failing to act on climate change and the environment. I could go on and on but any one of these things can or will create a financial crisis in the future. UKIP would do nothing to tackle the real problems and make things worse by attacking scapegoats.
FarahInYourFace
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by spurs9393)
I support UKIP.
I go on TSR.
I am above average intelligence.
Stop stereotyping?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Prove it.
spurs9393
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FarahInYourFace)
Prove it.
How would you like me to do that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hotshot45
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im working in financial services at a top firm, graduated from a top 5 university and half my family is Romanian, I am voting UKIP, any one that is calling UKIP racist is buying the Media propaganda. Its common sense.
americandragon
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JanKroskow)
They will scrap all university fees, why wouldnt I vote?
Their pledge is to scrap tuition fees in science, medicine, technology, engineering and maths. And that's on the condition that the graduate remains in the UK for 5 years following graduation, working and paying tax. They aren't scrapping ALL tuition fees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (77)
45.03%
Pro-humanity (94)
54.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise