emilyak
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lemxn)
I haven't looked at geo4 stuff for about 2 weeks so I hope 3 days is enough to learn enough! Has anyone been given practice exam style questions which they don't mind sharing?
I have these

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attached files
EdSheeranCrazed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there.

I'm stuck on that too lol!
EdSheeranCrazed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emilyak)
I have these

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks - it's really helpful!! Could you help me with the advantages and disadvantages of chloropleth maps? They're a bit tricky.

Thanks
coronatheatre
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
'To what extent are Kenya likely to achieve the MDGs?' 15 marks
Could someone please help me answer this? I've been focussing on it for a while don't know if am on the right path!! thanks a lot.
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by coronatheatre)
Could someone please help me answer this? I've been focussing on it for a while don't know if am on the right path!! thanks a lot.
They are not gonna achieve them as the "MDGs" because they expire this year!

However, as goals they are probably going to meet them in the long term. You could refer to the improvements suggested in the Vision 2030. Indicators have improved steadily so they are making progress.
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
12 marker on how transport infrasture will benefit the health of kenya in the future. for 12 marks, what pointers should be included?
greater access to healthcare, - more reliable healthcare, so more likely to trust them.

improvements in the logistics, - supplies can reach more remote areas+quicker

efficiencies which can free up funds for more staff/clinics.
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by subject1)
greater access to healthcare, - more reliable healthcare, so more likely to trust them.

improvements in the logistics, - supplies can reach more remote areas+quicker

efficiencies which can free up funds for more staff/clinics.
thanks a lot!!!
Prince97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I had an attempt at that just now. I thought it was good to mention how the riders are combating the MDG's.Then use data from Item 5 to show slow progress in most of them with Maternal mortality getting worse!
I may be wrong, but that's how I've attempted it
coronatheatre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Using the AIB and your own ideas suggest ways in which the logistical issues facing the Kenyan Health service could be reduced
any suggestions!?!
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Using the AIB and your own ideas suggest ways in which the logistical issues facing the Kenyan Health service could be reduced
any suggestions!?!
Improve roads and communications!
maew
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello, how much extra do people recommend for this topic? I've made notes for all the notes they provided us with but unsure as to what else to research. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you
Ultracrepidarian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by maew)
Hello, how much extra do people recommend for this topic? I've made notes for all the notes they provided us with but unsure as to what else to research. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you
have you completed the zig zag booklet that is helpful
asianjim
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here are some ideas for the MDGs question

MDG 2 - Achieve universal primary education:
The Primary Completion Rate (PCR) in Kenya improved from 83.2% in 2008 to 97.8% in 2009. I think that this is significant progress considering it's within a timescale of just one year, and indicates reduction of wastage in the education system. If primary education is improving, then this has obvious long-term benefits such as a more skilled/highly educated workforce to pay money towards the government through taxation, which can then me spent on tackling numerous health issues in Kenya. Also by improving education, it is likely to improve awareness of certain health issues like malaria, STDs, and medicinal drugs, leading to preventative measures being taken or atleast just greater awareness.

Feel free to debate any of these comments, would be beneficial to all of us!

However, for this question regarding the work of Kenya towards achieving the MDGs, I struggle to find a suitable place to add Riders for Health into my answer, any ideas? Considering Riders are the main focus of the booklet, any help would be appreciated!
Ultracrepidarian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i suggest on a separate sheet, write down the key points of each items and videos. then to follow this up link the items with one another. Do some background research on general key stats. Have a look at another country riders for health work in and briefly comment on the impact they had over there, and if they also faced similar problems. Look at the MDGs in more detail to see which ones have been met and which ones havent and why. After doing this i recommend heading onto the zig zag booklet have a look at the links they have written down and again write down notes. Then proceed onto answering the smaller questions in the booklet. Finally try to make up questions you think links, brainstorm questions if possible, and try to answer them. THINK LIKE A GEOGRAPHER.
Ultracrepidarian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asianjim)
Here are some ideas for the MDGs question

MDG 2 - Achieve universal primary education:
The Primary Completion Rate (PCR) in Kenya improved from 83.2% in 2008 to 97.8% in 2009. I think that this is significant progress considering it's within a timescale of just one year, and indicates reduction of wastage in the education system. If primary education is improving, then this has obvious long-term benefits such as a more skilled/highly educated workforce to pay money towards the government through taxation, which can then me spent on tackling numerous health issues in Kenya. Also by improving education, it is likely to improve awareness of certain health issues like malaria, STDs, and medicinal drugs, leading to preventative measures being taken or atleast just greater awareness.

Feel free to debate any of these comments, would be beneficial to all of us!

However, for this question regarding the work of Kenya towards achieving the MDGs, I struggle to find a suitable place to add Riders for Health into my answer, any ideas? Considering Riders are the main focus of the booklet, any help would be appreciated!
The goals which link in with the riders work have seen a general improvement i guess so you could start from there
Prince97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ultracrepidarian)
The goals which link in with the riders work have seen a general improvement i guess so you could start from there
It says in Item 5 what the Riders are doing to aid the MDG's. You could tie them in from there?
asianjim
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ultracrepidarian)
Oh yeah I suppose Riders actually link quite well to some goals such as maternal health and diseases. Although maternal health has not made any progress and has actually worsened, which could be used when evaluating the effectiveness of Riders
Ultracrepidarian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Prince97)
It says in Item 5 what the Riders are doing to aid the MDG's. You could tie them in from there?
yea definitely
asianjim
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Prince97)
Do you mean item 4? If so there is only one reference to the riders, but if you do mean item 5 I can't see anywhere mentioning riders progress on MDGs, only Kenyas progress in general.
Ultracrepidarian
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by asianjim)
Oh yeah I suppose Riders actually link quite well to some goals such as maternal health and diseases. Although maternal health has not made any progress and has actually worsened, which could be used when evaluating the effectiveness of Riders
you could link that worsening bit to the fact they work in very concentrated area, leaving large parts alone due to factors like infrastructure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads