This discussion is closed.
Helpme.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by L'Evil Fish)
Gonna start Monday.

Gonna do an hour a day for the week, quite excited to start.

Then start again in half term before exams
lying is a sin.
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Helpme.)
lying is a sin.
Whatever makes you feel happy inside
fbrep2012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been consistently revising for 5-7 hours a day. I get into the library at 10 and leave at 6, with some breaks in between. Much progress has been made because I've been slacking behind. Onto the 2nd week....
Grantland
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've not revised loads this week simply because I'm lazy, but next week I'm hoping to redo my notes and get some proper work done. Any tips for sticking to a plan?
PhoebeRose-x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is no way I am going to be able to do more than 3 hours per day, let alone 10! I am working a lot through the holiday but I should have plenty of time to revise around this. I am rarely going out other than work and to the shops, however like other people have said, it is the holiday, and although exams are right around the corner, if you don't have a break you're going to be way more stressed in exams!
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fbrep2012)
I've been consistently revising for 5-7 hours a day. I get into the library at 10 and leave at 6, with some breaks in between. Much progress has been made because I've been slacking behind. Onto the 2nd week....
Do you go to the public library? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for next week. Do you bring a lunch with you and does it keep you focused?

Posted from TSR Mobile
moe889
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone have a website to watch fast and furious 7?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nurav11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by moe889)
Does anyone have a website to watch fast and furious 7?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol looks like you're enjoying revision :P. Try megavideo links, if that fails look for something called tumblr masterpost Google docs (just type it in it'll work).

Posted from TSR Mobile
langlitz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Caspiian)
Woah. How will you divide it? When do you wake up and go to sleep? 10 hours is a lot...

Posted from TSR Mobile
10 hours isn't that difficult, at uni most people will be at the library 9 am - 12 pm, including me
langlitz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nurav11)
Oh my days that cannot be real! :eek: what even is there to revise for that long? Do you just reread the same thing for like 5 hours or something?
Reading isn't revising. Reading notes is a great way to waste time without learning anything
2-ethylbut-1-ene
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by langlitz)
Reading isn't revising. Reading notes is a great way to waste time without learning anything
Not true.

For biology all i did was reread notes like a hundred times and i got 86/90 ums in one of dem exams fam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
nurav11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Correct yep, active recall is the best way to revise I feel. I never really liked writing out cards etc cos it just felt so tedious. Idk, just how I revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
langlitz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 2-ethylbut-1-ene)
Not true.

For biology all i did was reread notes like a hundred times and i got 86/90 ums in one of dem exams fam :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's because biology is easy and it's just a memory test. Good luck trying that tactic with a proper subject lol
L'Evil Fish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's Bs

If that was the case then that means I do no revision

Reading is revising
2-ethylbut-1-ene
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's because biology is easy and it's just a memory test. Good luck trying that tactic with a proper subject lol
Dats true fam

I tried it with chemistry and ended up with an E in one of dem exams fam

But no worries bro. I retook that exam and got an A :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
fbrep2012
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lyricalvibe)
Do you go to the public library? I'm thinking of doing the same thing for next week. Do you bring a lunch with you and does it keep you focused?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I use the public library. I'm much more productive there because at home there are too many distractions, If i was to aim to start at 10 (like i do in the library) I'd probably procrastinate until about 4, maybe 6, or maybe the next day haha. But at the library there are desks and silent study rooms where there are other students studying so I feel very motivated. There are shops and fast food restaurants round the corner so I just buy food from there during my break.
voxdock
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That's Bs

If that was the case then that means I do no revision

Reading is revising
I agree you can just read, it's what I did for GCSEs although some might argue that active recall is more effective, like you might have to read notes like 3 times to remember it properly, but pretend you're teaching the contents of those notes to your chair (ie active recall) and you might only have to do it twice to remember it.
lyricalvibe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Errmm...Its no different to rewriting notes.you just repeat in your head as opposed to paper.+ this way its quicker and you can make connections in your head easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmilyC96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I take it you don't do biology! Aqa biology is most definitely not easy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helpme.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Whatever makes you feel happy inside
lol you mus be a member of photographic memory gang with what you are saying
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.74%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.68%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.25%
It might lead to more bullying (131)
38.42%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.91%

Watched Threads