Don't vote Conservative ... We've came to far as human beings. Watch

Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bornblue)
Really? So only a country in the G7 can be classed as developed? George Osbourne said the UK has the fastest growing economy of any 'advanced' country.
Well the IMF includes Ireland, Norway and South Korea as 'advanced, developed countries'.
So he's lying as is Mature Student. It's factually incorrect. We may have the fastest in the G7 but that's not what he said. He said 'fastest advanced economy' it's plain wrong and you know it.

yet of course you refuse to criticize anything the Conservatives say or do even when they blatantly lie.
Oh, I am more than willing to criticise the Conservatives, there are plenty of silly things this Government has done, some outright silly, e.g. FTPA, others that are correct in principle but poorly implemented, e.g. the "bedroom tax"

Still waiting for your comeback on the ZHCs since you're so certain they're wrong, nobody can possibly live on them and there are too many etc.
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Norway has lower growth than the UK.

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.KD.ZG

The OECD seems to agree with my statement as well.

http://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx

If recomend you start looking at the data first and then make your decision from that.

What you're trying to do is formulate an opinion and then look for the data to back it up.

The simple fact is that the UK economy is doing great compared to its peers.

I used to be like you. I was conditioned from child hood to hate the conservatives....then I grew up and questioned my belief system.
Irrespective of what political perssuauon you are, always question what politicians say and what the media that supports those politicians are saying.
Norway, South Korea, Ireland and Poland all have higher growth than the UK.
Name:  CBh0bXjWoAA7Y7N.png large.png
Views: 50
Size:  102.7 KB

What you're trying to do is outright lie. We don't have the fastest growing economy in 'the world', in 'the developed world' or even 'in Europe and North America'.

I don't care what you used to be like. Now you're conditioned to blindly support everything the Conservatives do past and present.
I've never seen you criticize them, Pathetic. You never question anything the tories do. Go on tell me Thatcher was wrong to pass openly homphobic legislation?
Go on then tell me the 3 biggest failures of this government from the tories? Prove you have the ability to think for yourself and not just follow the party line.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jammy Duel)
Oh, I am more than willing to criticise the Conservatives, there are plenty of silly things this Government has done, some outright silly, e.g. FTPA, others that are correct in principle but poorly implemented, e.g. the "bedroom tax"

Still waiting for your comeback on the ZHCs since you're so certain they're wrong, nobody can possibly live on them and there are too many etc.
First time i've ever seen you break from the party line.
Hundreds of thousands at least live on a a zero hour contract as their only job and want more hours.
Cameron doesn't think he could live on one, why should anyone have to?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
First time i've ever seen you break from the party line.
Hundreds of thousands at least live on a a zero hour contract as their only job and want more hours.
Cameron doesn't think he could live on one, why should anyone have to?
697,000 live on them as thgeir primary income, only a third want more hours. I'm pretty sure Cameron would also say that he could not live on JSA, and would say he would rather have a ZHC than be unemployed. Underemployment is a separate, and generally lesser, issue to unemployment. They have a job and the majority are better of for it, then again, you would much rather have them unemployed again and increase their benefits to the point that they have no incentive to work.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
697,000 live on them as thgeir primary income, only a third want more hours. I'm pretty sure Cameron would also say that he could not live on JSA, and would say he would rather have a ZHC than be unemployed. Underemployment is a separate, and generally lesser, issue to unemployment. They have a job and the majority are better of for it, then again, you would much rather have them unemployed again and increase their benefits to the point that they have no incentive to work.
I don't want them out of work, I want every single one of those contracts to be a secure contract, secure hours and secure pay.
InArduisFouette
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't want them out of work, I want every single one of those contracts to be a secure contract, secure hours and secure pay.
Soviet era la-la land...

Much of the use of zhcs is because of highly variable demand.
Posted from TSR Mobile
billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sacca)
Vote green for an eco feminist britain! The tories are misogynist, Cameron wouldn't even wear a 'I'm a feminist' T-Shirt. Also he called a women darling. **** the tories!

Not to mention they are all white upper class cis hetero males aka they have massive privilege and cannot be trusted to represent PoC or women or other oppressed groups.
Would you mind him wearing a pro-men t-shirt? Yes
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zippyRN)
Soviet era la-la land...

Much of the use of zhcs is because of highly variable demand.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Wanting every worker to have a secure contract, regular hours and a wage high enough to live on is not Soviet land, but rather basic human decency.
billyfisher100
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wanting every worker to have a secure contract, regular hours and a wage high enough to live on is not Soviet land, but rather basic human decency.
Which is of course why your friends Unite Union decided to employ many of their workforce on zero-hours contracts.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by billyfisher100)
Which is of course why your friends Unite Union decided to employ many of their workforce on zero-hours contracts.
Source please?
If true that should be absolutely outlawed and they should be held to account.
I don't see the relevance.
You see I'm not 'one rule for people I like another for everyone else' like several tory boys on here are.
billyfisher100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Source please?
If true that should be absolutely outlawed and they should be held to account.
I don't see the relevance.
You see I'm not 'one rule for people I like another for everyone else' like several tory boys on here are.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-10151441.html

Read this article and you will find how Martyn Reuby, a tutor and lecturer, along with 100 other colleagues, complained to Unite about his/their zero-hours arrangement.

I don't believe that zero-hours contracts are such a bad thing if they are properly regulated, which is a key issue that this Government needs to do more on to tackle. Students often require the flexible hours, as do part-time workers.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by billyfisher100)
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...-10151441.html

Read this article and you will find how Martyn Reuby, a tutor and lecturer, along with 100 other colleagues, complained to Unite about his/their zero-hours arrangement.

I don't believe that zero-hours contracts are such a bad thing if they are properly regulated, which is a key issue that this Government needs to do more on to tackle. Students often require the flexible hours, as do part-time workers.
They were totally wrong then and should be held to account and imo sanctioned.
I don't care if it's a left wing businessman or a right wing business, zhc are exploitation and need to be stopped.
The two eds
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
I like to think as a species we have done amazing things. At this current moment in time we are uniting across the internet and sharing huge amounts of knowledge. We are going forward.

But there is 1 thing holding us back and that is individual greed. A select few can hold a whole nation back. I don't want Britain to go back into Victorian feudalism. This is what the Conservatives represent. A corporate dystopia isn't a nation.

We need a nation. We need some form of collectivism.

I don't care if its nationalism, social justice or a greener economy. We need a change because if we keep heading along this Tory road our country will be a nation for the top 10% and sod everyone else.

Most of you here are young and fragile. Your willing to accept ideas which appeal to you but a lot of you don't know the full meaning of them. Only time and results reveal the true meaning.

Most of you will earn average salaries of £25,000 to £35,000 instead of the promised thousands the Career guides tell you. There will be times when you find yourself unemployed or injured in life. No one is immortal.

And when you find yourselves in harms way the Tories will not have mercy for you. They will blame the economic problems on you!

So don't vote Conservative.
I must be honest you have won me over. I was planning to vote Tories but I no longer wish to.

Spoiler:
Show
I shall vote UKIP instead

Thank you illegaltobepoor
billyfisher100
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They were totally wrong then and should be held to account and imo sanctioned.
I don't care if it's a left wing businessman or a right wing business, zhc are exploitation and need to be stopped.
Although I may be a Tory and disagree with many of your views, I very much respect you for not playing politics with that one and sticking to your opinion regardless of who is employing people on zero-hours contracts.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Norway, South Korea, Ireland and Poland all have higher growth than the UK.
Name:  CBh0bXjWoAA7Y7N.png large.png
Views: 50
Size:  102.7 KB

What you're trying to do is outright lie. We don't have the fastest growing economy in 'the world', in 'the developed world' or even 'in Europe and North America'.

I don't care what you used to be like. Now you're conditioned to blindly support everything the Conservatives do past and present.
I've never seen you criticize them, Pathetic. You never question anything the tories do. Go on tell me Thatcher was wrong to pass openly homphobic legislation?
Go on then tell me the 3 biggest failures of this government from the tories? Prove you have the ability to think for yourself and not just follow the party line.
I quoted the world bank and the OECD.

You put up a picture from an unkown source.

You've never seen me criticise them because so far on the topics discussed here I haven't found reason to be critical. The economy is fine, the nhs is no different to what it's always been like ( although To be honest nhs scotland is a devolved issue and seems to be worse than nhs England at the moment) . I agree with paying for higher education.

Although I do prefer to find fault with sweeping statements that other posters make.

You do realise I ddont follow a political party don't you.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you don't want them out of work, and you don't want them to have their job :confused:
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So you don't want them out of work, and you don't want them to have their job :confused:
I've explained this 1000 times. Now you're purposely misinterpreting what I said. I want all those zhc to be turned into real conracts, guaranteeing them hours.
I want them in work on a secure contract, secure hours and secure pay.
The_Mighty_Bush
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've explained this 1000 times. Now you're purposely misinterpreting what I said. I want all those zhc to be turned into real conracts, guaranteeing them hours.
I want them in work on a secure contract, secure hours and secure pay.
Then many of the people would have to be fired because businesses using ZHC usually couldn't afford to give all of them secure hours.

ZHCs serve a real purpose any way. I've been at multiple jobs on a ZHC and it worked well being a student where flexible hours is exactly what I wanted and not a full-time job with hours I can't miss or move around.
username878267
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
Then many of the people would have to be fired because businesses using ZHC usually couldn't afford to give all of them secure hours.

ZHCs serve a real purpose any way. I've been at multiple jobs on a ZHC and it worked well being a student where flexible hours is exactly what I wanted and not a full-time job with hours I can't miss or move around.
And we come back to this...
When Unions threatened to strike for one day they were accused by the media and government of holding the country to ransom, and legislation was passed making it harder.
When corporations threaten to sack all their workers or leave country if we enforce they give secure hours and pay that's okay?

I want every single one of those zhc to be turned into a regular contract, regular hours, regular pay.
The_Mighty_Bush
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
And we come back to this...
When Unions threatened to strike for one day they were accused by the media and government of holding the country to ransom, and legislation was passed making it harder.
When corporations threaten to sack all their workers or leave country if we enforce they give secure hours and pay that's okay?
What strike are you talking about?

In any case, I have no problem with strikes (unless those unions are state-funded which many public sector unions are) but neither do I have a problem with businesses moving country in theory.

I want every single one of those zhc to be turned into a regular contract, regular hours, regular pay.
It's just unrealistic to expect that to happen and not to see people getting sacked. Plus some people on ZHCs don't want regular hours or a regular contract.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (54)
25.59%
No (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads