Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manexopi)
    Wait I thought for the one being above the x axis you work out te min y value and show its greater than 0.

At least that's what I've seen on past mark schemes?
    Yes that's what I did, I found the turning point which shows that that the minimum point of Y is a positive and is therefore above the x-axis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    By that you mean k>14/3 ? That's what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep

ReputationRep:
    i cant remember the equation but the answer was (x-2)^2+1 simply multiply the thing out to get the original equation

ReputationRep:
    I hated the binomial expansion question and finding the values of K!!!! I think I flopped 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin168)
    I completely agree, i absolutely love when they give you 14marks for the graph questions! Just praying that the induction question isnt too tricky!

I like the induction questions since if you don't get the result you're expecting you know you've gone wrong. Plus you get 2 marks for writing 2 sentences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOPECYCLIST)
    yep (-2,1) was the minimum point for the last question. you needed it for the last question to work out K btw that's was 5
    22 root 2 was also right
    (0,3) was right and so is (0,7). you worked it out by putting x and y equal to 0 separately to find X and Y respectively.
    question 12(i) required you to find K by putting the quadratic equal to Zero. and solving to find K
    It was (0,-3) and (0,7) according to my maths teacher

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Dont remember some of my answers but it seems I didn't fail too much

ReputationRep:
    Relative to other papers, how hard do you think this was?
    I'm guessing 59/72 for A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bruhh)
    I like the induction questions since if you don't get the result you're expecting you know you've gone wrong. Plus you get 2 marks for writing 2 sentences
    Yes me too, however you dont get those two marks unless youve got the previous bit right or atleast most of it right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakoblauritzen)
    It was (0,-3) and (0,7) according to my maths teacher
    yep ur right i don't check what i type what i write. (0,-3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOPECYCLIST)
    i cant remember the equation but the answer was (x-2)^2+1 simply multiply the thing out to get the original equation
    Hang on wasn't there a 3 that you had to factorise out?

ReputationRep:
    For the transformation question number 10, did everyone get that to get f(x) to g(x) it was f(x) - 36? Also once proving g(-1) was a root did anyone get that the 2 other roots were -1 again (repeated) and then 6?

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the triangle question which got you to form the equation 5x^2-4x-1=h^2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    looks like i dropped about 4 or 5 marks, delighted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpetersgill)
    What did people get for the triangle question which got you to form the equation 5x^2-4x-1=h^2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2+2root11 / 5 or 4+4root11 / 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesExtra)
    Hang on wasn't there a 3 that you had to factorise out?
    probs i cant remember everything bro. i know i got it right because i got 5 for the last question which was right i know that.

im mid way through my markscheme i will be about 30 minutes guys

ReputationRep:
    I used Pythagoras also do I lose marks for nt simplifying my fractions? I don't think it asked us to do so anywhere?

I also mucked up my polynomials but couldn't figure out where so lost a few marks there

ReputationRep:
    I got x = (2+sqrt(44))/5

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For 12(i) I put 56/12 rather than 14/3, will I lose a mark because I forgot to simplify it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dudeycon)
    2+2root11 / 5 or 4+4root11 / 10
    Yes same! It didn't want us to sub it into the expression for the length did it? It just wanted what x is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 18, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.