Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is cicourel a interprevist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallingleaves97)
    Who else is panicking?! Theres just so much to remember I'm scared I feel like I did well in U1 and this could all ruin it!!
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    Jst looking at the past papers and I've only seen one question on theory and the education system....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any ideas of what might come up?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any tips on how to remember authors???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smills12)
    what is the definition for sample attrition and triangulation?
    Triangulation is a combination of methods used by the researcher, so that the strengths can compensate for the weaknesses of another.

hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracie96x)
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlooney631)
    Anyone have any ideas of what might come up?
    education policies affecting marketisation of schools, boys underachieving, marxists perspectives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gracie96x)
    what is an interprevist?
    ik what interpretivist is lol.
    and idk who cicourel is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirpal7)
    education policies affecting marketisation of schools, boys underachieving, marxists perspectives
    for policies do you have to say which theory favours them and which dont??

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unpreppedstudent)
    for policies do you have to say which theory favours them and which dont??
    Yes make sure you know labour's policies and con/lib dem policies and say why these policies have lead to marketisation within schools, I THINK that this will be a definited 20 marker, and 12 marker so pls revise it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes make sure you know labour's policies and con/lib dem policies and say why these policies have lead to marketisation within schools, I THINK that this will be a definited 20 marker, and 12 marker so pls revise it.
    yes boss.thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whothefu_isalice)
    does anyone have any tips on how to remember authors???
    I make flashcards of every 'author' or researcher or study that I need to know and just flick through them until I know them - I haven't done it for this unit yet as I only just started revising xD however I am going to make my flash cards later using the website goconqr.com - you can make flashcards and all sorts on there and go through them online or print them off - i used it for psychology and it helped!

Best of luck with all of your exams, let's hope we get a fairly decent paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unpreppedstudent)
    yes boss.thanks
    your welcome hope i helped!
    ask me any questions if needed

ReputationRep:
    People who want to know what papers are coming up; speak to your teachers, and ask them to access Pixl6, the predictions for families and households was spot on topics wise, but in a different order.

I havent seen the Pixl Unit 2 paper so im not sure, but unit one was good

ReputationRep:
    your welcome hope i helped!
    ask me any questions if needed
    will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicole_Streakyy)
    Maybe The New Right for the 12 mark. Idk...
    What wud u write for new right? Do u havve any notes on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekay)
    I make flashcards of every 'author' or researcher or study that I need to know and just flick through them until I know them - I haven't done it for this unit yet as I only just started revising xD however I am going to make my flash cards later using the website goconqr.com - you can make flashcards and all sorts on there and go through them online or print them off - i used it for psychology and it helped!

Best of luck with all of your exams, let's hope we get a fairly decent paper!
    thankyou!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any research evidence that can be used as AO2 on a research methods question? It's all well and good saying what's good and bad about using a questionnaire (for example) but you could lose marks for not backing it up with evidence?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.