Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel GCSE Spanish Reading/Listening - 15th May 2015 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaybannell)
    for the dangers online i put robbery and bullying but i'm pretty sure they're wrong
    Bullying was said too so that's correct , robbery could also be correct I also heard robbery

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RadonGhost)
    Listening

Q1: Likes and Dislikes- Was is hotel rooms and department stores for likes, and Sunday shopping plus Internet shopping for dislikes ?
    Yeah that's right although my memory is saying one of them was the example... I think she liked the staff as well unless I'm getting mixed up with another question.

Q2: The girl talking about her friends- can't remember answers, some options were like unfriendly, kind etc
    I remember Clara was unhelpful because that was the hard question on that page. I think the others were fairly straight forward.

Q3: I think this was the one about a Museum ? I remember some options being cost, many things to do ?
    Oh yeah I vaguely remember this. They talked about opening times (I think it wasn't open on a Tuesday but can't quite remember), lots to do, cost and guided tours?

Q4: The Festival
    I failed at this one. It was 9 days. Dangers I only put that you could get robbed. His advice was that you go with a friend but I didn't know any of the vocabulary in his reccommendation but I heard later on he said it was fortunate he stayed in a hotel or something like that so I said stay in a hotel too. Next year I said he plans to stay with his brother. I know he also said something about studies- I think he said his studies meant he couldn't afford to go to the festival again next year? So I didn't write that.

Q5: Think It was the one about Work experience, listen to messages, chats with colleagues etc.
    Oh this was the one where the example was first she made coffee, then we had to say she took out the post (that's what I thought it said anyway), then she did something else which I can't remember... Then she liked talking to the clients but didn't like... Can't remember that either sorry.

Q6: Thinks this was the one about Summer Holidays, or what they're were doing in the holidays, 'Picturesque region'
    Can't remember any of my answers to this. It was one where you had to cross the boxes against the names matching what they said so it's hard to remember without the names.

Q7: Salvador and Eugenia
    Ah this was really hard. Took me the whole first recording to figure out who was speaking! I think there was one where Eugenia said something about the pupil's bad additudes. Can't remember much else. I remember I got both for Eugenia then guessed both for Salvador so I'm not much help on this.

Q8: Education, there were two parts, one with pressure, strict teachers etc. The other asked her about some opinions of the school, 'lack of choice'
    Was the first part one where you had to write the answers? For some reason I can remember writing 'exams' somewhere. Lack of choice was in the canteen I think. Can't remember much else.

Sorry, this has actually been really unhelpful for anyone who's bothered reading it- sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaybannell)
    for the dangers online i put robbery and bullying but i'm pretty sure they're wrong
    I put theft for that one, too. And I also put people faking their identity (or to that effect. They weren't my exact words hopefully). But the second was a guess. I don't know the word for bullying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyrobot)
    I put theft for that one, too. And I also put people faking their identity (or to that effect. They weren't my exact words hopefully). But the second was a guess. I don't know the word for bullying
    Bullying , theft same thing I guess

ReputationRep:
    i'm hoping the mark scheme is kind, allowing robbery for theft and bullying for harassment !

ReputationRep:
    I was reading some things on Twitter and someone was saying that you know edexcel messed up when a fluent Spanish speaker found that paper hard. lol and another person said that it was like an A level paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabert)
    I was reading some things on Twitter and someone was saying that you know edexcel messed up when a fluent Spanish speaker found that paper hard. lol and another person said that it was like an A level paper
    I'm fluent and to be honest it wasn't as hard as that those people were making to out to be,

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry too much since the most of the grade is actually the controlled assessment

Sooo , it should be a high B grade.

Although it should be touching that A grade.
    Blame edexcel because the grade D AND C should be equilvilant to those A* grades this year.

Dont worry though , you will get an A*. I promise.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    I'm fluent and to be honest it wasn't as hard as that those people were making to out to be,
    Makes me feel so much better 👏

ReputationRep:
    With around 165 UMS in the coursework, what would I need for an A* overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabert)
    Makes me feel so much better 👏
    I'm glad x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ukcurious)
    I'm glad x
    So charming aren't you 😀

ReputationRep:
    on the art exhibition question, were the invites from the town hall, the public decided who to select , and the lecturers would choose the winner?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzy12)
    on the art exhibition question, were the invites from the town hall, the public decided who to select , and the lecturers would choose the winner?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    Thank you! Do you remember any other answers to questions? Im stressing about that exam!

ReputationRep:
    Who did you say provided the necessary materials/resources?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! Do you remember any other answers to questions? Im stressing about that exam!
    I posted all the answers I could remember for one of the papers, just scroll up a bit
    Try not to stress though, you can't do anything about it now! You will have been fine, I didn't even get the answer town hall! But my friend looked it up in a dictionary haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigocarn)
    Who did you say provided the necessary materials/resources?
    The participants

ReputationRep:
    The participants
    Yep What is your predictions for the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    I posted all the answers I could remember for one of the papers, just scroll up a bit
    Try not to stress though, you can't do anything about it now! You will have been fine, I didn't even get the answer town hall! But my friend looked it up in a dictionary haha
    Thanks, yeah i suppose! the annoying thing is that i put the right answer for some of them then crossed it out and chose a different answer when we had time at the end to check everything!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.