Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacob1371)
    well i though you had to be specific so i put media but i dont know...
    i did short course, can you tell me how much the AOP and the pep worth or give me a link to a source that tells me how much they are worth for short course
    They're the grade boundaries for last year. I'm doing the full course, what's the difference between your course and mine??
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I think the way they worded them has caused trouble for everyone so the grade boundaries should be lower (fingers crossed)

ReputationRep:
    What did you all put for the question about moving an arm to throw a javelin, the one mark one?
    I put isotonic but it was so weird?

ReputationRep:
    I think the right answer was peptide hormones as they can help increase strength (human growth hormone) however narcotic analgesics do not increase strength

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    What did you all put for the question about moving an arm to throw a javelin, the one mark one?
    I put isotonic but it was so weird?
    I didnt get it either! I just put they were agonistic

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I put antagonistic and crossed it out - didn't really understand the question tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nox1)
    Yeah I put antagonistic and crossed it out - didn't really understand the question tbh
    Same here... The question wasnt really clear on what it was asking us to write

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren270699)
    I thought that the questions about how we're very confusing as the first question was about self esteem and then the next question was about serotonin which all link together?
    Yeah i thought that! I put serotonin was a feel good factor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jumpy15m)
    I related it to the discus thrower. I said the two fitnesses that have the biggest impact on a discus thrower's performance is muscular strength and power. I said that weight training would be very effective but you must have the correct programme and that you should give them heavy weights with low reps and not light weights with high reps as that will improve muscular endurance which won't improve performance. I also talked about long term adaptations such as mitochondria and myoglobin stores increasing and more oxygen readily available so more energy at a single time from respiration so more power resulting in a further throw.
    I hope that this is a valid point!
    Did you also link it to the skeletal system?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vyvo99)
    I had no idea what they wanted us to write about the skeletal system :confused:
    I just put that weight training can improve bone density and that it will keep the atheltes posture and movement better when throwing... I am really not sure though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my friends said isotonic afterwards but I had no idea what they were asking, my answers were:
    Flexion to extension to close the joint
    Extension of the tricep
    Then on the 3 marker I talked about antagonistic pair and the tricep contracting and the bicep relaxing but it was a bad question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gymnast and I put that she needs to quickly flex the leg at the knee and hip quickly when performing a somersault after reaching her greatest hight to allow her to complete the rotation quickly before landing.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any improvements to flexibility due to weight training on the skeletal system?
    I wrote that the tendons and ligaments get stronger with regular training but how about flexibility- it was in the revision guide but I'm too afraid to open it because I feel like I did bad

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think guys, that the exam is over and done with. By trying to find out the answers you will only make yourself feel stressed out till results day. Instead, worry about your other upcoming exams. Leave this.

ReputationRep:
    For the influences of training, could I have put Peers, Media Coverage and Location instead of People, Image and Resources? Like the subgroups instead of the actual main ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oscar012)
    Did you also link it to the skeletal system?
    Yh , I did. I said that he gets strengthened ligaments and tendons as well as increased bone density so he is less likely to get a joint injury e.g. dislocated shoulder or shin splints (due to increased bone density) and these injuries would drastically decrease performance. I also said that these adaptations would make his body more stable resulting in a further throw.

ReputationRep:
    What are the weightings of each unit?

ReputationRep:
    i didnt talk about the benefits of weight bearing activities cos i thought using weights isn't weight bearing! instead, i said how there's a risk of skeletal injury from weight training thus negatively affecting sporting performance. nevertheless, the 6 markers were too vague

ReputationRep:
    HGH is part of the Edexcel spec this year

ReputationRep:
    About 60 marks, I got 50/50 in coursework and practical and I need around 60/80 to get an A*

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.