Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lifeistoff)
    I have a feeling that something like 3 most significant events may come up as they haven't really for a few years! I've seen some evil ones like 'what lessons have we learnt from this period' so I hope they won't throw any curveballs like that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Three events?? That is so many. I hope there is a more general question like quels sont les aspects que vous avez trouvés les plus intéressants de l'époque d'histoire que vous avez étudiée? What are your cultural topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate_maria)
    Three events?? That is so many. I hope there is a more general question like quels sont les aspects que vous avez trouvés les plus intéressants de l'époque d'histoire que vous avez étudiée? What are your cultural topics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it depends on what period you study as to how easy finding 3 events may be! A general question like the one you described would be so good! I am doing La Normandie and La Deuxième Guerre Mondiale! Et toi?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=lifeistoff;56720469]I think it depends on what period you study as to how easy finding 3 events may be! A general question like the one you described would be so good! I am doing La Normandie and La Deuxième Guerre Mondiale! Et toi?

Moi, je fais La Guerre d'Algérie et L'Enfer par Claude Chabrol. Oui pour la guerre d'Algérie trois événements serait trop difficile.
    Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUO

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The exam was soo soo hard </3 if I don't pass thiS I would hate my self so much the boundaries cannot go up !!! I'll be shatterd

ReputationRep:
    ^ Lol did I miss the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatBrownBac)
    i think one on messages will come up- as its come up in spanish and german butnot french!
    that would be a good question!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsfanatic123)
    that would be a good question!!
    What book/s are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaelizabet)
    What book/s are you doing?
    Le petit prince

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatBrownBac)
    Le petit prince
    How are you revising for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annaelizabet)
    How are you revising for it?
    Learning a themes essay and messages essay because that can be turned into a characters essay or a would you recommend essay you?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing Un sac de billes!? I have no quotes for it 😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stgr97)
    Is anyone doing Un sac de billes!? I have no quotes for it 😭
    I am
    Depends what the question is, I only remember a few. I use some like 'je suis un géant et j'ai sur moi toutes les planètes', 'c'est quoi, un juif ?' In order to represent joffo's child-like manner as he doesn't understand the situation, then I use ones like 'c'est la dernière fois que je la prends' (in reference to his suitcase) to show his journey ending. There's a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head, but just simple ones about exploring the streets of Paris, maybe ones about how him and Maurice develop throughout the book etc. Hope this helps

However the mark schemes do say that whilst specific quotes enhance an essay, referencing to a specific part in the book is just as fine too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anyone doing l'étranger or amélie? also have you heard that the paper is gonna be harder this year, supposedly so more candidates get A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vanessaodris)
    anyone doing l'étranger or amélie? also have you heard that the paper is gonna be harder this year, supposedly so more candidates get A*?

I'm doing amelie, but not l'étranger seriously!? Oh no, where did you hear that from? I guess grade boundaries might be a little lower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meg_walton1)
    I'm doing amelie, but not l'étranger seriously!? Oh no, where did you hear that from? I guess grade boundaries might be a little lower?
    I have heard this from my teacher but keep calm and don't worry since the grade boundaries will be lower. We will all be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    I have heard this from my teacher but keep calm and don't worry since the grade boundaries will be lower. We will all be fine!!
    oh no! i guess we can just try our best and pray for low grade boundaries!

ReputationRep:
    oh no! i guess we can just try our best and pray for low grade boundaries!
    Yeah hopefully we should get the grades we need. What are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh no!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hopefully we should get the grades we need. What are you hoping for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm hoping for a B/A. I'd love to get an A but the boundaries and marks Shem can be so harsh I'm not setting my hopes up! What are you hoping on getting?

ReputationRep:
    ah cool, what kinda question are you hoping for? and have you watched many other jeunet films? my teacher said that because overs the years only 6% of A*s at A level have been for french (or may have been modern languages as a whole cant remember) there was a protest, so AQA have said the paper will be harder in that there are lower grade boundaries and they can separate candidates out better! But my teacher said that shouldn't mean the translations or the essay are any harder..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 12, 2017

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.