I'm 16, he's 36.. AMA! Watch

This discussion is closed.
ExRN
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't think she has posted in a while the OP. I know im the new kid on the block with no authority for anything but would it not be wise to shut this post down now everyone has made their point and with the amount of disapproval, I don't think it will do the lass any good to read more. Only a suggestion :-/
VannR
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ExRN)
Does that mean you will be a big boy then?
Do you actually have a point to make? I was just pointing out the age difference between myself and my sibling.

Your move m9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What country can I go to to get a 16 year old gf? I am fat autistic neckbeard
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How many fedoras does he own? And of that number, how many is he wearing right now?
ExRN
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
I can see the logic here but with low birth rates and abortion i think it's not much of an issue from that point of view. Eventually they'll get a normal child and with low birth rates it won't matter if they only hand 1 (or often in these cases, the guy may be divorced and already have a child).

I can understand the posters logic in that as feminism grants more power to women to actively seek older partners it could be more common, we also already have a society which takes the view that what most other people do is none of somebodys business.

In Japan for example, it's much more common.
I watched a documentary on discovery I think it was about a marriage agency in Russia. All the young, attractive Russian women were married off to wealthy, dirty old American men. I get why it's done in that instance. It's purely acts as a medium of escape. Not so educated on Japan if I'm honest. Are they doing it for financial gain? Are all the distantly spanned couples made up of an attractive (by Japanese Standards) woman and business tycoon Japanese men?
ExRN
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by VannR)
Do you actually have a point to make? I was just pointing out the age difference between myself and my sibling.

Your move m9
Wow! This pissing contest is over. I was only playing. If I offended you I do apologise. I don't suppose it would matter what year you were in anyway would it? Even if you were younger than her, I am sure you would still have a row.
Skyarex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This is going to last.

Also, I just find it incredibly questionable that this 36 year old is going out with someone who for the most part, is still a child.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ExRN)
I watched a documentary on discovery I think it was about a marriage agency in Russia. All the young, attractive Russian women were married off to wealthy, dirty old American men. I get why it's done in that instance. It's purely acts as a medium of escape. Not so educated on Japan if I'm honest. Are they doing it for financial gain? Are all the distantly spanned couples made up of an attractive (by Japanese Standards) woman and business tycoon Japanese men?
I think it's just more common in general in Japan, their age of consent is also younger.
BlindingLight
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ahh another special snowflake
abc:)
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ExRN)
I mentioned that earlier. Unable to connect on all levels with same age? So could that be classed as a developmental disorder maybe? Im not joking here but what would he talk to her about? "Do you want me to take you to the under 18s night at the nightclub and pick you up again before 10pm?"
They clearly can't be going out around pubs togethwr. When she's 18 she will want to do the whole clubbing thing I'm guessing like the average teenagers does. Is he going to be interested in going raving at 38 Yeats old to see hixxy, dougal and gammer? (I know, im oldish myself) but I don't think he will
Yeah, on a practical level like that it seems weird, but even more so on a level of emotional intelligence and mental development... I'm 22 and would hesitate before going out with a 36 year old because of the age gap - thinking back to when I was 16 I was incredibly young and immature.... it just makes me think this man must be unable to handle a woman closer to his own age...
The Dictator
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You have serious issues.
Handsome_Devil
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does he pick you up from school?
ExRN
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by abc:))
Yeah, on a practical level like that it seems weird, but even more so on a level of emotional intelligence and mental development... I'm 22 and would hesitate before going out with a 36 year old because of the age gap - thinking back to when I was 16 I was incredibly young and immature.... it just makes me think this man must be unable to handle a woman closer to his own age...
I said that too about emotional and intellect. Maybe it works for thick blokes with brainy 16 year olds..... Not entirely sure. It just can't possibly work can it?
Rorschach II
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by alexschmalex)
It's gross either way imo....it's not like you suddenly mentally blossom when you turn 18
Not that I necessarily agree with your stance here, but you raised a good point which applies to everything, which people often forget; the thing in bold.

So +1.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At 28, I would have reservations about dating even five years my junior. This is simply egregious.
Formless
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your life is a lie, He conceived you at 20, he is in fact your dad,

GG
🏃🏻.....🐎💨
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Daddy's little girl or somethin...?
ronmack
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Dam..
Ting Ya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hihihihihi)
Congrats, would you like a medal?
I died reading that comment, haven't heard that phrase in some time! XD

(Original post by binkierose)
Will be more than happy to post some background info on us both too - how we met, etc.

Seriously though, ask me anything(:
Even though she is underage of 18, she is 16 which makes her somewhat a young adult.

People should stop taking the mickey and give her some space, seriously.
l'insegnante
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BlindingLight)
Ahh another special snowflake

I probably shouldn't have laughed at that but I did, A LOT.

I questioned my own relationship when we got together and I was 17 and he was 20 which is only 3 years but I still questioned would it work because of me being at school and him at uni etc. 3 years later we're still together. But holy mother of cow 20 years age gap is awful. He'll be getting grey hairs before she's 18 ffs
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (640)
91.04%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (63)
8.96%

Watched Threads