Turn on thread page Beta

Public finances surplus is achieved! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Is that the face for a person who wishes to spend their life living off the taxpayer? And if the taxpayer refuses, thinking that money could go towards more useful things such as the NHS or defence, they get accused of not understanding economics by the supposed intellectuals?

Looks like it.
    You know, I might just block these lefties on here. I find their greed, laziness, low IQ and general lack of class to be most off putting and I fear it may be contagious.
    I'm glad to see that the left has been destroyed under Corbyn and the right will reign supreme for generations. I can now block/put on the ignore list these greedy fiends and be safe in the knowledge that society has blocked them from having any influence by giving the Tories a majority and voting for Tory Trojan Horse Corbyn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Is that the face for a person who wishes to spend their life living off the taxpayer? And if the taxpayer refuses, thinking that money could go towards more useful things such as the NHS or defence, they get accused of not understanding economics by the supposed intellectuals?

Looks like it.
    You know, I might just block these lefties on here. I find their greed, laziness, low IQ and general lack of class to be most off putting and I fear it may be contagious.
    I'm glad to see that the left has been destroyed under Corbyn and the right will reign supreme for generations. I can now block/put on the ignore list these greedy fiends and be safe in the knowledge that society has blocked them from having any influence by giving the Tories a majority and voting for Tory Trojan Horse Corbyn.
    Will you tag the people you are ****ging off or do I have to do it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Will you tag the people you are ****ging off or do I have to do it?
    I would tag them but they are all blocked since I have no desire to engage with people who are so greedy and lazy that they want others to pay for their life decisions once they are 21. You are 21 or above. Start attempting to pay your own way at some point.

I block them (and you now) because whether it be immigration or the economy you spout the most unbelievable rubbish and then claim anyone who disagrees is uneducated or not capable of understanding the economy. I mean you post this bizarre "Osbourne is indebting us" speech when the reality to the mass population is that you are just trying to offload your debts on to taxpayers. Hardly displaying the great economic wisdom, or social justice, that the left talk of.

So glad the left has been destroyed in this country. Hypocritical fools as greedy as they are lazy who will always run out of other peoples' money when it comes to their policies.

ReputationRep:
    Scrot, that 46 billion basically falls into a black hole, It does nothing, benefits no one and is never seen again. Every year, 46 billion of people's tax money is spent on nothing. Remember, you can only borrow money once, after that you pay the interest on it, which is the 46bil.

Just to put into perspective just how much 46 billion pounds is i've made a list of a few things you could do with 46 billion pounds...remember you're throwing this cash away PER YEAR, so everything below you could do every year if you wanted.

Build and fully equip 50 major, cutting edge hospitals.
    Hire and pay 52,000 police for the next 30 years. (6 times Total UK police budget)
    Hire 50,000 teachers and pay them for the next 30 years.
    Pay 1/3 of the entire NHS annual budget.
    Pay the social welfare budget entirely and still have £10 billion left over.
    Increase the UK scientific research annual budget tenfold.
    Completely rebuild every secondary school in the UK (~3,500) to modern standards.
    Maintain Trident for the next 17.5 years
    Build and fully equip 46 Type 45 destroyers
    Build and equip 15 Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers
    Fund and build the Crossrail project three times over
    Pay for HS2 in its entirity and still have a couple of billion left over.
    Host the Olyimpics another 4 times.

Probably reestablish our entire manufacturing base with incentives etc.

BUILD (with inflation) the channel tunnel 3 times over!
    Build 4 ITER type experimental fusion reactors!!

Why are we wasting all this money....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    Because scrot rot and the other lefties over here doesn't want to pay for their life decisions; they want the government to take out a loan and taxpayers to foot the bill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus2)
    Scrot, that 46 billion basically falls into a black hole, It does nothing, benefits no one and is never seen again. Every year, 46 billion of people's tax money is spent on nothing. Remember, you can only borrow money once, after that you pay the interest on it, which is the 46bil.

Just to put into perspective just how much 46 billion pounds is i've made a list of a few things you could do with 46 billion pounds...remember you're throwing this cash away PER YEAR, so everything below you could do every year if you wanted.

Build and fully equip 50 major, cutting edge hospitals.
    Hire and pay 52,000 police for the next 30 years. (6 times Total UK police budget)
    Hire 50,000 teachers and pay them for the next 30 years.
    Pay 1/3 of the entire NHS annual budget.
    Pay the social welfare budget entirely and still have £10 billion left over.
    Increase the UK scientific research annual budget tenfold.
    Completely rebuild every secondary school in the UK (~3,500) to modern standards.
    Maintain Trident for the next 17.5 years
    Build and fully equip 46 Type 45 destroyers
    Build and equip 15 Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers
    Fund and build the Crossrail project three times over
    Pay for HS2 in its entirity and still have a couple of billion left over.
    Host the Olyimpics another 4 times.

Probably reestablish our entire manufacturing base with incentives etc.

BUILD (with inflation) the channel tunnel 3 times over!
    Build 4 ITER type experimental fusion reactors!!

So you want the surplus spent, in that case why do we have to spend 10 years saving it all up before we can spend it? I wouldn't want Osborne running any company I had shares in that's for sure. Nothing would ever get done! And it's so much easier and less risky for a country to raise capital than a company.

Sorry just realised I got confused with with someone else, the 46bn is the debt repayments. The problem is how do you suppose we pay off the 1.56tn national debt?

Do we just give out 80% of our GDP to our creditors? We can solve it in an instant but it would cause an apocalyptic economic collapse.

Also most creditors are stuck inside rhe British system, British banks and pension funds and the like. IIRC only 30% is held offshore. These creditors benefit far more from a coupon on a principal that keeps going in perpetuity than from a dump.

Plus they are tied into the British economy so the collapse that would come with paying off the debt much quicker than we currently do would make every penny they received fit only for papering their walls.

Plus even for the foreign investors we are needed to handle most of their global financial transactions. They don't want us going down either. Plus the debt is all in GBP so an economic collapse punishes any bondholder.

I say "pay it off faster": in fact Osborne's contractionary policies 2010-13 have pushed debt UP from circa 60% to 80%, it having been 40% stably all throuhhout Blair and 40-50% under Major. Focusing money on repayments shrinks the economy and grows the principal wrt the size (that is, valuation) of our economy.

Debt was 200% of GDP after the war when we had all the nationalisations and NHS etc and we could afford it then. Debt in recent decades has remained at historic lows.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.