Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester United vs Liverpool - Match Day Discussion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    Tekkers was.
    A foul, yes it was.

ReputationRep:
    That was ****ing magical Anthony, take a bow son.

ReputationRep:
    w\f;iwehfeoi;f;ohifeoiroihihoihi gogih MATTIAZLFI;HTIOWFOGIRFEOIN good game.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest, all the goals were quality.

Great training ground move for the first.
    Unstoppable penalty for the second.
    Goal of the season contender for the third.
    Goal of the month contender for the fourth.

One of the worst games I've seen in a while but the goals were outstanding.
    Both teams played terribly but ultimately it was our awful defending that decided the game.

Benteke will always score a world class goal every so often. It's just a shame when it happens in a match we were never gonna win.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Both teams played terribly but ultimately it was our awful defending that decided the game.

Benteke will always score a world class goal every so often. It's just a shame when it happens in a match we were never gonna win.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The defending lost you the game yeah but United were the better team, they deserved the win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. Ludicrous display. The subs really changed the dynamic of the game, especially Young. Although Rodgers has had a nightmare - what was he thinking, subbing Ibe on that early? Spectacular goals though. Marshall proving his price tag and Bentekkers with a beauty. But the thing about Liverpool is, they always try to volley it in.

Anyways, GGMU!

ReputationRep:
    #References

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Wilf just jizzed himself

I'm still a fan of Benteke

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Benteke, brilliant finish.

Anyone go crazy like me when man like Martial turnt up?

ReputationRep:
    lol I've just seen the Martial goal. lol at anyone who thinks that was better than Big Ben's ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Credit to Benteke but poor defending by United.
    Ball was in the air for forever.

ReputationRep:
    Take nothing away from the Martial finish, but Skrtel's defending was terrible.
    Our defence has conceded 6 goals in 2 games, and Rodgers is praising our defensive performance from today!
    Can't score enough with a shoddy defence, it's gonna be a long season for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If Skertel's defending was poor, then so was United's . Practically gave Benteke a free pass at it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0XUS)
    The defending lost you the game yeah but United were the better team, they deserved the win
    I did quite clearly say that in my previous post

Both teams were terrible but United were obviously better.
    Rodgers thought we could just do the same lucky defending that we did against Arsenal.

Terrible manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I did quite clearly say that in my previous post

Both teams were terrible but United were obviously better.
    Rodgers thought we could just do the same lucky defending that we did against Arsenal.

Terrible manager.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did call it being a boring game.

Would have preferred it if it was later on in the season. Both teams clearly not firing.

Peak on Benteke was a ghost for 95% of the game. Rodgers deserves the blame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rust Cohle)
    Agreed. Ludicrous display. The subs really changed the dynamic of the game, especially Young. Although Rodgers has had a nightmare - what was he thinking, subbing Ibe on that early? Spectacular goals though. Marshall proving his price tag and Bentekkers with a beauty. But the thing about Liverpool is, they always try to volley it in.

Anyways, GGMU!
    Young deserves a place in your team in my opinion.
    I don't watch him as much as you guys but whenever I see him play, he always looks really good.

Rodgers has a nightmare every game.
    Ibe has been our worst player this season. I'm not saying Firmino was playing well but at least give Origi a run out instead of useless Ibe.

Tekkers will do that a few times a season but it needs to be in a game were it'll earn us points.
    Both of our legitimate goals this campaign have been worldies. You can't rely on that all season...

Don't really know where this leaves us.
    We have an awful defence, no creativity in midfield and an inability to score.
    Top it all off with an inexperienced and naive managed and suddenly you have a lovely year coming up.

We aren't as bad as Chelsea but out fixtures aren't getting any easier.
    We'll be bottom half before long.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Hoping for a Liverpool win tbh
    Well ha cuz United won
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Watched Atletico against Barcelona after this, and it was chalk and cheese.

United (barring a miracle) will end up in the top four, but the quality on show yesterday - aside from the three goals - was borderline unwatchable at times. It's supposed to be Liverpool and Manchester United, but the quality was infuriating and the rest of Europe will be watching that thinking lads in the PL have nothing on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Watched Atletico against Barcelona after this, and it was chalk and cheese.

United (barring a miracle) will end up in the top four, but the quality on show yesterday - aside from the three goals - was borderline unwatchable at times. It's supposed to be Liverpool and Manchester United, but the quality was infuriating and the rest of Europe will be watching that thinking lads in the PL have nothing on them.
    Its been like that for several years now. Don't forget about Chelsea too :'D
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The more I've been thinking about this, and the more I think that Rodgers treated this weekend's match at Old Trafford as a self-preservation exercise. There was no way we were scoring first, and that's painful considering we played such a good brand of football towards the back end of 2012-13, and the entirety of 2013-14.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 15, 2015
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.