£42.50/month for iPhone6, no up front payment
    Unlimited calls and texts
    10gb of data
    Free spotify for 2 years
    Free netflix for 6 months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gta.sean)
    Care to share how you managed this?
    I'm paying £41 for essentially the same thing with EE, which network are you with?
    EE too

I know how I got some of the discount, if you pair up all of the mobile phones in your family you can get a discount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielleT192)
    £42.50/month for iPhone6, no up front payment
    Unlimited calls and texts
    10gb of data
    Free spotify for 2 years
    Free netflix for 6 months
    64gb or 16gb?

What network btw?

ReputationRep:
    My billings go to my dad... I feel so special here

iPhone5 3G about 5GB data i think.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Device: iPhone 6S+ 128 GB rose gold

Plan: O2 refresh 30GB (includes unlimited calls & texts)

Price: £69 a month.

ReputationRep:
    15 quid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    Just started paying £31.80/month on a new phone with O2, usually it's £36/month but thank goodness for student discounts Before I had a £18/month unlimited data sim-only contracted with 3, when I told them yesterday I was switching networks the dude on the phone said they could lower it to £8/month since I'd been with them forever :eek: Had to say nah tho
    How long were you with 3? Might try this myself!

ReputationRep:
    15/month. 3. Unlimited data (i use about 50GB per month). 200 mins. Like 1,000 texts I think.

Dont see point in paying for calls when you can use viber, whatsapp and skype to make free calls/send messages.

ReputationRep:
    Here's the trick - don't get your phone with your contract. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, bought used in February this year for £350 in great condition - it was new only a few months before that for £600.
    I then negotiated a sim only contract with Vodafone. 4gb 4G data, unlimited minutes and texts plus 6 months of Spotify/Sky Sports/Netflix/NowTV for £13.50/month.

I know it can be a lot to buy the phone up front, but wait for a few months after it's come out, then buy used for nearly half the price. You end up saving hundreds of pounds by not including it in the contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streether)
    Here's the trick - don't get your phone with your contract. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, bought used in February this year for £350 in great condition - it was new only a few months before that for £600.
    I then negotiated a sim only contract with Vodafone. 4gb 4G data, unlimited minutes and texts plus 6 months of Spotify/Sky Sports/Netflix/NowTV for £13.50/month.

I know it can be a lot to buy the phone up front, but wait for a few months after it's come out, then buy used for nearly half the price. You end up saving hundreds of pounds by not including it in the contract.
    This isn't for everyone.

You can risk buying a defect phone like this and those retailers who sell nearly new phones tend to sell them at very close-to new phone market values, thus making it not worth purchasing.

It's fine if you're willing to take a risk but for the sake of £2-300, I think it's best to know you've got a fully functioning model. But I do agree with what you're saying. Also, if you're after iPhones, they tend to hold value very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jawline?)
    This isn't for everyone.

You can risk buying a defect phone like this and those retailers who sell nearly new phones tend to sell them at very close-to new phone market values, thus making it not worth purchasing.

It's fine if you're willing to take a risk but for the sake of £2-300, I think it's best to know you've got a fully functioning model. But I do agree with what you're saying. Also, if you're after iPhones, they tend to hold value very well.
    I mean, I NEVER buy without a valid receipt and warranty, so I do agree with you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by streether)
    I mean, I NEVER buy without a valid receipt and warranty, so I do agree with you there.
    Ah okay, I thought you meant off the average joe on ebay/gumtree or somewhere.

You do make savings, people just need to be careful who they buy used goods off.

ReputationRep:
    £15, 100mb is not enough

ReputationRep:
    Had £36 a month and after contract finished just got sim contract for 30 days which is £8.50. Unlimited internet, 100 minutes, 100 text. Have this 30 day contract since July 2012.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £65

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am paying more then 100$ per week

ReputationRep:
    Pay as you go

Pay £10 every month then

unlimited data, texts.

ReputationRep:
    I have an old iphone. Iphone 4 i believe (Not realy sure 1 model before siri)
    Contracts expired so I pay roughly £7 a month

ReputationRep:
    Paying £10 quid a month on giffgaff
    Bought my handset seperately

ReputationRep:
    Noting at all.

#payasyougolife

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.