Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Harmful for our democracy, never mind the Labour movement. **** move, Labour :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    :rofl:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    no, just no kangaroos are marsupials not rodents....

Cavy definition = any of several short-tailed or tailless South American rodents of the family Caviidae, as the guinea pig, capybara, or agouti.
    Ah okay... I did a Google search and saw a kangaroo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacktrex)
    Labour leaders don't have a good history on foreign policy
    I'm not sure about that.

MacDonald's first political act was to recognise the USSR and everyone else followed. He wasn't in government long enough in 1924 to capitalise on this.

Really the only stains on Attlee's foreign policy were the disorderly disengagement from India and Palestine. The start of the cold war, NATO, the Security Council, the independent deterrent, German re-armament, Malaya and the Far East Empire and Korea were all successful.

Wilson's record is less successful but Callaghan's was okay. The stain on Blair's record was the failure to provide challenge to the Americans about what to do next with Afghanistan and Iraq. Did Brown have a foreign policy?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Imperion)
    :rofl:

Ah okay... I did a Google search and saw a kangaroo
    :laugh: ok fair play it does look like a kangaroo in that photo, although it is actually a mara:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  12.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacktrex)
    I don't necessarily agree with Corbyn's foreign policy(Labour leaders don't have a good history on foreign policy) but the idea that somehow it is Britain keeping the russians at bay is ridiculous.
    Not Britain, NATO. Britain is a big player in NATO, along with France and the US.

Putin will never attack a nato country. Latvia,Lithuania and Estonia, all share borders with Rus and have never been invaded. Georgia and Ukraine, which also share borders, have.

Withdrawing from nato would be disasterous, cutting defence spending any further would be bad and giving up Trident would be stupidity.

ReputationRep:
    Motorbiker

What's your view on Corbyn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Harmful for our democracy, never mind the Labour movement. **** move, Labour :facepalm2:
    How can anyone hate on this lovely guy,he's the best thing to have ever happened to UK politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Motorbiker

What's your view on Corbyn?
    Tbh I don't really care about politics.

I don't agree with a lot of what he says like stuff about trident etc. If he is what labour wants then they have him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Law-Hopeful)
    Let the character assassination by the right... Commence (/continue)!
    Well the Conservatives had already been doing this a bit, but I was sent an email today saying he's a threat to national security and believes in X/Y/Z misrepresented position.

If you're wondering why I get Conservatives emails, someone with a similar name accidentally signed me up and they keep using different email addresses for things so I can't stop them all getting through - this was the first one I've had in about a year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    :laugh: ok fair play it does look like a kangaroo in that photo, although it is actually a mara:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  12.1 KB
    That's practically a baby kangaroo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    How can anyone hate on this lovely guy,he's the best thing to have ever happened to UK politics
    Sarcasm much?

ReputationRep:
    The bright side of all this is that Abbott will be returning to the shadow cabinet, thumbs crossed for Shadow Chancellor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heimdala)
    The bright side of all this is that Abbott will be returning to the shadow cabinet, thumbs crossed for Shadow Chancellor
    No, its got to be shadow Education Secretary

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to the tory right wing smears. Bring it on tory boys.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Imperion)
    That's practically a baby kangaroo
    well it would be if it wasn't a totally unrelated genus

aesthetics mean nothing when determining a species

ReputationRep:
    I think it's great for democracy in this we now have two main parties who are clearly different.

Not of this fighting on a pin head of centreism.

I also think The Tories have to up there game. They won't get away with the same boring rhetoric they have for the last 5 years.

The Tories have issues themselves. Europe is obviously splitting them. They will have a leadership contest in probably 2018.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    How can anyone hate on this lovely guy
    I don't hate on him, although I expect I would were I Jewish/Unionist/other victims of terror organisations that he has implicitly given his support/let off the hook

he's the best thing to have ever happened to UK politics
    Yes dear :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I don't hate on him, although I expect I would were I Jewish/Unionist/other victims of terror organisations that he has implicitly given his support/let off the hook

Yes dear :emog:
    Good. He's just making politics interesting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorsas)
    They do not want an Oxbridge educated career politican to dictate to them what is best for them and their families...
    I think that's a bit unfair. Some people got in off their own backs, if people are aware of that, it would probably play in their favour.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Absolutely overwhelmed and proud that Jeremy Corbyn is Labour's next leader with almost 60% of the vote. He honestly deserves to win as he's a straightforward talking politician who's honest and has something different to offer. #JezWeDid #Inspirational

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.