The Student Room Group

Physiotherapy applicants 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by somethingbeautiful
Hey guys, my track updated tonight: unsuccessful for Liverpool. Completely gutted. It was my first choice.

Reason: "The information on your personal statement does not demonstrate the required knowledge of the profession." I find that very difficult to believe since I quit my job and moved cities to get a years worth of experience and change careers and I had my statement read over by physios and a doctor. I'll ask for further feedback in April. My PS couldn't have been more geared to Physio. This isn't just a uni application to me, it's been a complete career/life change so that reason just doesn't hold for me.

I knew something was up today.

That was the exact same reason and wording that my friend received last year for physio at Liverpool and he was shocked too, my rejection from Liverpool this year was 'insufficient relevant work experience' which I 100% do not agree with and my sixth form are considering contacting the university to question what they deem sufficient. I honestly believe that Liverpool just pick from a list of rejection reasons, I don't believe it's all that geared towards each individual application.
Original post by charlottedoddd
That was the exact same reason and wording that my friend received last year for physio at Liverpool and he was shocked too, my rejection from Liverpool this year was 'insufficient relevant work experience' which I 100% do not agree with and my sixth form are considering contacting the university to question what they deem sufficient. I honestly believe that Liverpool just pick from a list of rejection reasons, I don't believe it's all that geared towards each individual application.

I feel like they haven't given me a chance at all. But never mind, I can't change anything so I'm going to stay positive about my 3 remaining choices and focus on my interview. When one door closes etc...
I feel like they haven't given me a chance at all. But never mind, I can't change anything so I'm going to stay positive about my 3 remaining choices and focus on my interview. When one door closes etc...

That's a good attitude to have, that's how I'm trying to look at it, good luck with your other applications, fingers crossed!
Original post by charlottedoddd
That's a good attitude to have, that's how I'm trying to look at it, good luck with your other applications, fingers crossed!

Thank you, good luck with yours too :smile:.
Hey guys, my track updated tonight: unsuccessful for Liverpool. Completely gutted. It was my first choice.

Reason: "The information on your personal statement does not demonstrate the required knowledge of the profession." I find that very difficult to believe since I quit my job and moved cities to get a years worth of experience and change careers and I had my statement read over by physios and a doctor. I'll ask for further feedback in April. My PS couldn't have been more geared to Physio. This isn't just a uni application to me, it's been a complete career/life change so that reason just doesn't hold for me.

I knew something was up today.

Hey :smile: I got the same reason for rejection and I feel the same about my personal statement. As mentioned above I think they just have a generic list of reasons and pick from them, regardless of what their actual reason was. It might have been a 1% difference between you and someone else who got picked but a rejection is a rejection unfortunately!
Maybe you should call them? I chased my rejections I got when I applied at a level as a few people had silly things, then got their application reviewed again. Just say you are looking for feedback.
Original post by Physio2016
Maybe you should call them? I chased my rejections I got when I applied at a level as a few people had silly things, then got their application reviewed again. Just say you are looking for feedback.

Were you successful the second time round?
I got accepted to do nursing, because I was told by my college that they never get accepted to physio so this was the best route of entry for me and to do physio post grad but I decided to withdraw and try my luck because nursing isn't what I want.
Original post by Zaclowton
Hey :smile: I got the same reason for rejection and I feel the same about my personal statement. As mentioned above I think they just have a generic list of reasons and pick from them, regardless of what their actual reason was. It might have been a 1% difference between you and someone else who got picked but a rejection is a rejection unfortunately!

I would have taken it better if it was a full explanation, not a generic response. But on the other hand, I know that they have a lot of applications to get through.

I was thinking of calling them but on track it says that you can't request feedback until April 2016 and by then it will be useless to me. I can't even think about taking another year out to reapply so I just need to let it go and focus on my other choices. It's hard though when L'pool were my first choice.

Edit: To hell with it, I'm going to call them. They've already rejected me, it's not like I have anything to lose.
(edited 8 years ago)
I would have taken it better if it was a full explanation, not a generic response. But on the other hand, I know that they have a lot of applications to get through.

I was thinking of calling them but on track it says that you can't request feedback until April 2016 and by then it will be useless to me. I can't even think about taking another year out to reapply so I just need to let it go and focus on my other choices. It's hard though when L'pool were my first choice.

Edit: To hell with it, I'm going to call them. They've already rejected me, it's not like I have anything to lose.

Hi mate, sorry to hear about liverpool rejection. Head up! Have you applied to any other north west universities?
Original post by spshsha1
Hi mate, sorry to hear about liverpool rejection. Head up! Have you applied to any other north west universities?

Hi, thanks :smile:

Yes, I've only applied to North West unis because since this is my second degree I will have virtually no funding (aside from tuition fees) so I have to live with my family which restricts me to the North West.
Hi, thanks :smile:

Yes, I've only applied to North West unis because since this is my second degree I will have virtually no funding (aside from tuition fees) so I have to live with my family which restricts me to the North West.

So have you applied for manchester Salford etc yes?
So have you applied for manchester Salford etc yes?

Yes :smile: No responses as yet. Yourself?
Haha, I like your attitude, I'm sure it won't matter to you in the end where ever you end up, you will love it no matter what!
Yes :smile: No responses as yet. Yourself?

Ahh yes I have too. When did you apply?
Ahh yes I have too. When did you apply?

Who knows, we could be at the same uni this time next year! I applied at the end of October. I got my first interview invite 3 days after I sent it and then nothing since then (apart from the Liverpool rejection yesterday).
Who knows, we could be at the same uni this time next year! I applied at the end of October. I got my first interview invite 3 days after I sent it and then nothing since then (apart from the Liverpool rejection yesterday).

Stay positive mate. 3 years time keep thinking:

YOU WILL BE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST

Where you train is short term it's long term that counts you'll get in somewhere, UCLAN only take on 26 people so to get an interview so early is a positive and shows your statement is good, keep the faith and don't be disheartened.

Sorry if that's too deep but I don't want to see anyone feeling down about a small blip
Stay positive mate. 3 years time keep thinking:

YOU WILL BE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST

Where you train is short term it's long term that counts you'll get in somewhere, UCLAN only take on 26 people so to get an interview so early is a positive and shows your statement is good, keep the faith and don't be disheartened.

Sorry if that's too deep but I don't want to see anyone feeling down about a small blip

Thanks so much. That's actually given me a bit of perspective. You're right, it's the long term outcome that matters most.
I got accepted to do nursing, because I was told by my college that they never get accepted to physio so this was the best route of entry for me and to do physio post grad but I decided to withdraw and try my luck because nursing isn't what I want.

Getting into physio postgrad is even harder than undergrad... There are hundreds of applications for 15 places at most unis that offer it.. and anyone who says you won't get accepted into undergrad has no idea what they are talking about! You just need work experience, a strong PS and perform well at interview. I got 5 offers last year and if I can do it, anyone motivated can!
Original post by Lolala1234
Getting into physio postgrad is even harder than undergrad... There are hundreds of applications for 15 places at most unis that offer it.. and anyone who says you won't get accepted into undergrad has no idea what they are talking about! You just need work experience, a strong PS and perform well at interview. I got 5 offers last year and if I can do it, anyone motivated can!

You need luck too, since plenty of people can meet those criteria and miss out on a place or an interview. It's also not that simple as a graduate - like me - from another discipline especially when you can't apply to the MSc.

Quick Reply

Latest