Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lookitsbeccy)
    I'm absolutely terrified at the moment my AS grades were : AABB but I'm resitting one of the Bs so my A2 predictions are AAA, I believe I could possibly exceed this, but I've only got one offer at the moment and it's from kings college london, which I am ecstatic about of course, yet I really want an offer from York, but haven't received one yet even though I set my application off three weeks ago, is this normal and do I have a chance at getting in, bare in mind that I have quite a full personal statement as I am head girl of my school etc.
    don't worry they don't always respond quickly but by the sounds of it you have a really strong application so you should be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhhoney)
    don't worry they don't always respond quickly but by the sounds of it you have a really strong application so you should be fine!
    Thank you!!!! I really hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!!!! I really hope so!
    I got an offer from York 3 weeks after applying so don't worry, it will come

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    I got an offer from York 3 weeks after applying so don't worry, it will come
    Oh my gosh congrats but if you have one I'm like omgggg they don't want me because they're giving offers out to people who have applied around the same time ((((

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh congrats but if you have one I'm like omgggg they don't want me because they're giving offers out to people who have applied around the same time ((((
    I applied on the 18th September and got an offer on the 15th October so actually it took around a month

What makes you like York so much?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Just want to ask is there any chance for me to get Exeter History and Politics offer?
    My AS grade: ABBB
    Predicted grade: A*AAA
    I am wondering if they are going to give AAA or AAB :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiffyx)
    Hi there! Just want to ask is there any chance for me to get Exeter History and Politics offer?
    I know somebody with an offer who got ABCC at AS and predicted A*AA, can't remember the offer though.
    It depends entirely on your school, have your other unis given you the lower contextualised offer? If so, Exeter probably will too

ReputationRep:
    I applied on the 18th September and got an offer on the 15th October so actually it took around a month

What makes you like York so much?
    Well done!!! I guess it was the atmosphere when I went there the city centre was lovely and the university campus itself was amazing! Also as a little side bonus my best friend has just been given a reduced offer there for philosophy so yeah! But overall Oxford is the dream!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!! I guess it was the atmosphere when I went there the city centre was lovely and the university campus itself was amazing! Also as a little side bonus my best friend has just been given a reduced offer there for philosophy so yeah! But overall Oxford is the dream!
    I haven't been to York, will probably visit on the offer open day. If I don't get an offer from Oxford or LSE, York willl be my firm. How did you find the HAT?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been to York, will probably visit on the offer open day. If I don't get an offer from Oxford or LSE, York willl be my firm. How did you find the HAT?
    I really don't know! It was a bit different this year!

ReputationRep:
    I really don't know! It was a bit different this year!
    Yeah it was a bit touch and go, hopefully I did okay

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was a bit touch and go, hopefully I did okay
    I'm sure you will have done great!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will have done great!
    Thank you, you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiffyx)
    I've got an offer for history & politics at exeter (what campus did you apply for?!)
    & I got AABB last year and A*A*AA predictions so our grades are really similar, they gave me an offer of ABB so I'm sure you'll get a similar offer! good luck

ReputationRep:
    anyone heard from southampton or exeter?

ReputationRep:
    I sent my UCAS off yesterday, but so far I've had an offer of AAA from Manchester, and one from Keele which is unconditional if I firm it, and ABB otherwise. Just waiting on Birmingham, Sheffield and York now!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to York and have an offer from them for History and Politics! Well done

Well done! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmah208)
    Well done! Where else have you applied?
    Thanks!

Oxford, LSE, QMUL and Essex. Waiting on Oxford and LSE but have offers from QMUL and Essex. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Oxford, LSE, QMUL and Essex. Waiting on Oxford and LSE but have offers from QMUL and Essex. What about you?
    Well done, had all 5 offers! From York, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham and Manchester met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmah208)
    Well done, had all 5 offers! From York, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham and Manchester met
    Fantastic, well done!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.