Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I'd have to google these things myself NGL, no idea what women and men should be wearing in some of these different places :lol:
    We need to get you a thawb! I think you can wear normal clothes in a mosque but women need to cover up and I also need to wear tights and a long dress/skirt If I'm going to a synagogue.The long white dress Arab men wear. Foo.mp3 is getting one too inshallah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I too had wanted to go for quite a while, I just never thought it would be able to happen. Thank goodness for religious rich uncle It didn't provide the miracle he was hoping for, which was disappointing for us all, but it is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I'd thoroughly recommend it :yes:
    I was going to ask,did you have to go through any checkpoints whilst in the holy land? Was there any violence around in the surrounding area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    I PM'ed her and she told me to go to the Persian soc

was like wtf, I'm not even Iranian
    that just adds to the confusion!

ReputationRep:
    na, i got kicked out for gettin drunk on the wine
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I was going to ask,did you have to go through any checkpoints whilst in the holy land? Was there any violence around in the surrounding area.
    We did have to but that was mainly because we all landed in Jordan and then took a coach to the Israeli-Jordanian border. I think our coach had to pass a checkpoint to go into Bethlehem and our Israeli guide was not allowed into Bethlehem but he knew in advance that that would happen and they had planned in advance for that, so it was fine. It just meant we had a different tour guide for Bethlehem :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    No.

I've been a few times, but only to volunteer etc. I like the architecture and the community feel, though.
    This

ReputationRep:
    I hope not!
    so then why the fear?? if they have nothing against Syrians then what do you have to fear? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Foo.mp3 is getting one too inshallah

That's how I roll, on me hols.. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been in over two years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

That's how I roll, on me hols.. :cool:
    Oh Lawrence :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radk)
    so then why the fear?? if they have nothing against Syrians then what do you have to fear? :confused:
    I fear violence in the holy land,not necessarily aimed at me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    We did have to but that was mainly because we all landed in Jordan and then took a coach to the Israeli-Jordanian border. I think our coach had to pass a checkpoint to go into Bethlehem and our Israeli guide was not allowed into Bethlehem but he knew in advance that that would happen and they had planned in advance for that, so it was fine. It just meant we had a different tour guide for Bethlehem :yes:
    Yeah I had a feeling you'd have to go through something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Cute. How do you feel about Western governments who align themselves to "Christian values" but unleash such perils on the world btw? I think that's another reason people are not going Church or aligning themselves to those values.
    David Cameron and Tony Blair both profess to be Christians. Cameron practices bestiality and narcolepsy. Blair is a war criminal. What does this tell us about Christianity ? Nothing good I suspect !

ReputationRep:
    If I wanted to waste my time in the presence of child molesters, I'd visit prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Mills)
    David Cameron and Tony Blair both profess to be Christians. Cameron practices bestiality and narcolepsy. Blair is a war criminal. What does this tell us about Christianity ? Nothing good I suspect !
    Exactly my point. Yet both align themselves to "Christian Values"

Ha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Mills)
    No, it tells us about them, not Christianity as a whole. And last time I checked, no one is perfect. Blaming a religion because of some selected few that don't abide by their religion's principles is distasteful. There are faithful abiding Christians in the world, people just always seem to pick the negativity to negate Christianity, but it shouldn't be like that. Everyone is responsible for their own actions irrespective of being Christians.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody go to bible study at their church or have on with friends? Like just sit down reading the bible and discussing it with someone or in my case just reading it alone

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody go to bible study at their church or have on with friends? Like just sit down reading the bible and discussing it with someone or in my case just reading it alone
    I go to bible study sometimes, at my Church. On Sundays, we do scripture reading of bible passages and discussions with the congregation and pastor, and bible quiz some Sundays, which I absolutely love. :yes:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    I go to bible study sometimes, at my Church. On Sundays, we do scripture reading of bible passages and discussions with the congregation and pastor, and bible quiz some Sundays, which I absolutely love. :yes:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's so cool. I really want to start attending soon or hold one at my house

ReputationRep:
    That's so cool. I really want to start attending soon or hold one at my house
    Thanks! Yes, try to attend Church. Gatherings with friends to explore more about God and read the bible is great too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.