Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    NP just be aware you share the same views as the BNP and queen bee.
    No I was agreeing with you lol I'm British.

Can I play devil's advocate?
    Does anyone think this would have gotten the same attention if a white/indian etc person did it?
    Doesn't anyone think that the constant criticism of islam in the media and even on tsr is the cause of all this? Doesn't the constant hatred/criticism breed anger in normal individuals?
    Why are the same people who adamantly argue that it's absolutely fine to think someone who adheres to any religion particularly islam are delusional/deserve criticism the ones who are upset the most about this?
    How come on only select occasions do some tsrians decide to put down their pitchforks in favour of Islam?
    Why is it that people who normally believe that the world would be a better place if islam wasn't a thing are the ones upset about this
    Why are people using the term islamophobia when clearly xenophobia is a more accurate phrase?

Also this wasn't the reaction I saw in a thread about a flight attendant refusing to attend to a muslim woman on a plane? No one yelled islamophobia on that thread.

Mind you I didn't read this whole thread. Just going on some of what I saw on the other bus thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    What, so if two Polish people were in the UK on holiday, people would be really annoyed at them speaking Polish to each other? That's insane.

No and that's not what I am saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    They are not normal people.

They have poor education
    No work ethic
    Watch a lot of tv
    live off welfare

These people are bottom of the barrel and undesirable. They have no say in society and rightly so.
    Are we talking about Muslims, people of African decent or British people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stochasticking)
    No I was agreeing with you lol I'm British.

Then all I can do is apologise!

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking about Muslims, people of African decent or British people?
    The racism comes through once again.

Major troll, everyone stop feeding it.

ReputationRep:
    Then all I can do is apologise!
    No worries. I didn't make myself very clear.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting the impression BaconandSauce is a tad racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Can I play devil's advocate?
    Does anyone think this would have gotten the same attention if a white/indian etc person did it?
    Doesn't anyone think that the constant criticism of islam in the media and even on tsr is the cause of all this? Doesn't the constant hatred/criticism breed anger in normal individuals?
    Why are the same people who adamantly argue that it's absolutely fine to think someone who adheres to any religion particularly islam are delusional/deserve criticism the ones who are upset the most about this?
    How come on only select occasions do some tsrians decide to put down their pitchforks in favour of Islam?
    Why is it that people who normally believe that the world would be a better place if islam wasn't a thing are the ones upset about this
    Why are people using the term islamophobia when clearly xenophobia is a more accurate phrase?

Also this wasn't the reaction I saw in a thread about a flight attendant refusing to attend to a muslim woman on a plane? No one yelled islamophobia on that thread.

Mind you I didn't read this whole thread. Just going on some of what I saw on the other bus thread.
    There are a hell of a lot of double standards from tsrians. Some are so pro free speech but if one mentions anything that goes against their own opinion then you get a condescending response enforced upon you ; reeking of anti-free speech.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is not a race

ReputationRep:
    What is it with some black people telling muslims to go back to their own country? I'm like speak for yourself mate

ReputationRep:
    He is so disgusting. Ugh what an absolute idiot.

(Original post by stochasticking)
    There are a hell of a lot of double standards from tsrians. Some are so pro free speech but if one mentions anything that goes against their own opinion then you get a condescending response enforced upon you ; reeking of anti-free speech.
    To be very honest I admire the fact that bacon and sauce is sticking to his guns. I normally see his posts and he's a staunch criticiser of islam. He hasn't abandoned all of that just to seem like a 'good and moral' person.
    Whether or not I agree with some of his posts is another thing but I admire his honesty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Why? He was being childish when he laughed earlier. All he stated, he wants to know the events preceding the altercation to get the full facts. What has he said that is openly racist? BaconandSauce

ReputationRep:
    To be very honest I admire the fact that bacon and sauce is sticking to his guns. I normally see his posts and he's a staunch criticiser of islam. He hasn't abandoned all of that just to seem like a 'good and moral' person.
    Whether or not I agree with some of his posts is another thing but I admire his honesty
    Well I haven't read any of his previous posts and I haven't read anything that would consider him "racist" or "Islamaphobic".

ReputationRep:
    Well I haven't read any of his previous posts and I haven't read anything that would consider him "racist" or "Islamaphobic". People like to jump on the bandwagon and have pre-conceived ideas and form almost a cyber-bullying mentality.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with his reaction. He was probably provoked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    For agreeing it's a racist incident?

How did you work that one out?

ReputationRep:
    No and that's not what I am saying.
    Apologies, I am struggling to clarify in my own mind when:

a) a non-native speaker is "being rude" to the people around them, and;
    b) how the average passer-by is to quickly determine if the conditions laid out in a) have been met so they can be sufficiently outraged.

ReputationRep:
    New link please?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.