Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Malayika)
    I applied to chemical engineering and haven't heard back yet but I've seen other people receiving offers on tsr, does this mean I'll likely receive a rejection?
    Hi Malayika,

Some people have been made offers but we are by no means finished. We are still getting offers out so sit tight, good luck and I have my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    Unconditional for French & Spanish woo! Anyone else doing languages?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mairi.edwards)
    Unconditional for French & Spanish woo! Anyone else doing languages?
    Congrats Mairi!!! :banana:

Let me know if you have any further questions,
    Cheers,
    Keir

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heriot-Watt University)
    Congrats Mairi!!! :banana:

Let me know if you have any further questions,
    Cheers,
    Keir
    Will do, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I received an unconditional offer for MEng Chemical Engineering at Heriot Watt, and i am wondering if you could provide me the dates for the chemical engineering applicant open days, for successful applicants.

Thank you.

Ola

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely beaming, just got an unconditional offer.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by oladann)
    Hi,

I received an unconditional offer for MEng Chemical Engineering at Heriot Watt, and i am wondering if you could provide me the dates for the chemical engineering applicant open days, for successful applicants.

Thank you.

Ola
    Hey Ola!

Congratulations on your offer! :kungfu:

The application days by subject are available at this link:

http://www.hw.ac.uk/student-life/vis...-applicant-day.

Cheers,

Conor
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Annejanedownie)
    Absolutely beaming, just got an unconditional offer.
    Congratulations on your offer! :troll:

Let us know if you have any questions

Cheers,

Conor

ReputationRep:
    i want to apply to petroleum geosciences graduate program, and i need to fill the supplementary form that contain HWU Application Number column. where i can find my application number or do i have it since i haven't submit the application yet? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm looking to study international business at heriot watt this year. Could you please tell me about the course?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by User1299)
    Hi, I'm looking to study international business at heriot watt this year. Could you please tell me about the course?
    Hi User 1299

Is this International Business at undergraduate level? If so take a look at our MA (Hons) International Business Management page. This degree includes a third year spent abroad at one of our exchange partners studying business subjects (taught in English).

At undergraduate level you can also combine international business with a language - our MA (Hons) International Business and Languages Languages available include Chinese, French, German Spanish. Third year is spent studying abroad at one of our partner universities in the country of the language you are studying.

If you have any questions please do get in touch with us directly via [email protected] where we will be happy to help!

Many thanks
    Ali on behalf of the School of Management and Languages
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ahani)
    i want to apply to petroleum geosciences graduate program, and i need to fill the supplementary form that contain HWU Application Number column. where i can find my application number or do i have it since i haven't submit the application yet? Thanks
    Hi Ahani,

Great to hear you're applying for Petroleum Geoscience :thumbsup:

It should be a number on your application that begins with 'D' and is followed by 7 numbers. Does that help?

Carole :flower2:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ahani,

Great to hear you're applying for Petroleum Geoscience :thumbsup:

It should be a number on your application that begins with 'D' and is followed by 7 numbers. Does that help?

Carole :flower2:
    Thank you so much for the reply, but can you tell me where is the number located? i still couldn't find it in the online portal, or if it supposed to be sent by email to me, can i request the email to the admission again? because i also couldn't find any email from HWU admission in my inbox

ReputationRep:
    Re LINT French Spanish MA Hons degree . Could you tell me the following for the case of a Scottish student taking this course specifically regarding the year abroad:-

1. Who pays the course fees for the year abroad - is it all paid by SAAS, or half paid by SAAS and half by the student?
    2. Is the year abroad covered by Erasmus + and if so, can students get an Erasmus+ grant
    3. If students are eligible for the Erasmus+ grant, does this affect their SAAS bursary?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Teenie2)
    Re LINT French Spanish MA Hons degree . Could you tell me the following for the case of a Scottish student taking this course specifically regarding the year abroad:-

1. Who pays the course fees for the year abroad - is it all paid by SAAS, or half paid by SAAS and half by the student?
    2. Is the year abroad covered by Erasmus + and if so, can students get an Erasmus+ grant
    3. If students are eligible for the Erasmus+ grant, does this affect their SAAS bursary?
    Hi Teenie2

If you are classified as a Scottish student SAAS will pay your course fees for your year abroad. As it is a compulsory year abroad you can also apply to SAAS for assistance with travel expenses for your year abroad.

If we remain in the EU, EU nationals going to a European university on their year abroad are automatically eligible for an Eramus+ grant. This does not affect your SAAS funding and travel bursary.

Hope this helps
    Ali on behalf of the Admissions Team in School of Management and Languages

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks for your speedy reply. That helps clear that up.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Ahani)
    Thank you so much for the reply, but can you tell me where is the number located? i still couldn't find it in the online portal, or if it supposed to be sent by email to me, can i request the email to the admission again? because i also couldn't find any email from HWU admission in my inbox
    Hi Ahani,

I've suggest dropping the School an email with your details and they should be able to tell you what the number is:
    [email protected]

Hope that helps

Carole

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ahani,

I've suggest dropping the School an email with your details and they should be able to tell you what the number is:
    [email protected]

Hope that helps

Carole
    Thanks Carole, I have emailed [email protected] and I automatically registered to the online helpdesk. I am still waiting my question to be responded and I hope I did the right procedure. Thanks again for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i have been given uncondiotional offers for chemistry with biochemistry and chemistry with pharmaceuticals and i was just wondering what first year would be like? Would I study more that one subject, and if so would they all have to be within the same school? I was also wondering how flexable the courses are, and what kind of opportunities there are for changing degree if i decide that one of these isn't for me?

ReputationRep:
    Almost two months..no answer yet...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.