Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Is Britain becoming like Sweden in relation to expressing views on mass immigration? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    I've noticed a lot of UKIP bashers (for example) on social media. It's almost become cool to support migration. People are scared to speak out through fear of ridicule.
    I think it's incredible how people are so spineless and are so easily brought to bear by the pressures of Political Correctness, forsaking their right to speak truthfully. Bunch of wimps. The worst example is the Rotherham scenario of sexual exploitation of vulnerable young women on a massive scale. The authorities supported the abuse by ignoring it, because they were all frightened of being labelled 'racist'. Utterly bonkers and so shameful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marco1)
    I think it's incredible how people are so spineless and are so easily brought to bear by the pressures of Political Correctness, forsaking their right to speak truthfully. Bunch of wimps. The worst example is the Rotherham scenario of sexual exploitation of vulnerable young women on a massive scale. The authorities supported the abuse by ignoring it, because they were all frightened of being labelled 'racist'. Utterly bonkers and so shameful.
    Quite agree.

Do you know what else is spineless and the preserve of wimps? Making untrue ad hominem on people rather than engaging in the debate. Oh, you seem to be guilty of that in your post on this forum. And you also believe that ad hominems make up what you believe is "intelligent discussion" (as per your description of the video in the original post).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.