Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why Americans come to England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jlsmpV2)
    no one cares that youre from the states, typical american
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  23.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  23.9 KB

obviously you cant do the Kenyan national anthem backwards...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    I'm sure the native Americans were saying the exact same about the English, 500 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Definitely! Anything you'd recommend in particular in Seattle itself?

The plan for the trip is to get a car and go Vancouver -> Rockies -> Yellowstone -> Seattle -> Vancouver, with all the nature-y bits in between (:
    Kerry Park, Pike Place Market, Space Needle (I recommend going at night), Chihuly Gardens, Underground City, maybe catch a ferry ride at sunset - gives you a nice ocean horizon view and coming back you can see the skyline at night - Seattle Arboretum... if you're willing to drive about 2 hrs, Mount Rainer National Park; and if you're into this stuff, visit University of Washington and the area around it, which I personally loved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    Im applying to English schools for a lot of reasons. First of all UCAS is an admissions dream compared to the way US schools do it. Plus they have a bias in favorbof accepting Americans because we pay international tuition yet we are still native english speakers so its a safer bet for more money. They also only look at our standardized test scores which are high for me and not my GPA which is relatively low. All in all I get to attend a better university for less money (even UK international tuition is way cheaper than the US). Of course I also like the culture, the weather, the healthcare, the lower drinking age, and girls' hot accents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    lol your name?

Anybody been to Yellowstone/Yosemite/Lake Shasta? Worth it?
    Yosemite was so cool, huge trees, stood at this place called taft point where the land just gives way into the huge Yosemite basin. It was so picturesque and unurbanised, so peaceful

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.