Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you agree with Same-sex marriage? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you agree with Same-sex Marriage?
    Yes!
    77.34%
    NO!!!
    22.66%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by United1892)
    However it is massively generalising to decide your opinion on gay marriage based on her. I doubt shes said anything that bad to be honest.
    I'm not though lol
    It's because of religious reasons.
    Lol she got banned for a while, so yes, it was that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    Well the bible does make sense, maybe not to you. But that's all I'm saying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then I highly doubt you have fully read it.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you assume that just because someone doesn't agree with gay marriage, they're religious? People like you are an issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You based your reasoning on why you didn't on what GOD did according to the BIBLE.

She wasn't assuming anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elen90)
    Are you suggesting that the sole purpose of marriage is to have children?

As for whether it's natural - homosexual behaviour has been observed in approximately 1,500 species of animal.
    No I'm not suggesting that. The point I'm making is that a man and a woman can conceive, whether they choose to or not is a different story. But the fact is, they can.

Two gay people can't, there for there is no purpose of that act. It's disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    This statement is proof that she has never read it

Thank you for the confirmation
    She has a name

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Then I highly doubt you have fully read it.
    Alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    FGM is a religious requirement in some areas of the world. Where do we draw the line?
    Good question, and now it has been pointed out to me that my initial post was unclear on where the line should be drawn I'll edit it.

But here is the response I gave to a similar question:

Perhaps I should have been clearer in what I think religious institutes should be allowed to deny. I think religious institutes should be allowed to deny things so long as they do not harm or take away the human rights of another person. And this should only be allowed on religious properties or religious ceremonies that are in no way state owned or funded.

Though I think organised religion is backward and wrong, I also believe forcing people to change their religion (unless it harms others) to be wrong.

So therefore since FGM harms another person and takes away rights of bodily automony, the line is drawn and I don't believe it should be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not suggesting that. The point I'm making is that a man and a woman can conceive, whether they choose to or not is a different story. But the fact is, they can.

Two gay people can't, there for there is no purpose of that act. It's disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about a man and a woman where one, or both, are incapable of conceiving or bearing children? They can't marry, because it's impossible for them to raise biological children?

You're also implying that people have sexual intercourse for the express purpose of conception. Which we all know isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    People's opinions should be irrelevant. When it comes to two consenting adults, be it same sex or otherwise, the right to marry should be inherent. It is no-one else's business whether these two consenting adults will marry or not.

If someone disagrees - good for them. However, they should not try to meddle into other people's lives and tell them how to live their life.

Would a very* religious person like me making fun of their beliefs and telling them how to live their lives? Definitely not. Why do they always do that then?

(*= the "very" is intentional. Thankfully not all religious people are like that.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Good question, and now it has been pointed out to me that my initial post was unclear on where the line should be drawn I'll edit it.

But here is the response I gave to a similar question:

Perhaps I should have been clearer in what I think religious institutes should be allowed to deny. I think religious institutes should be allowed to deny things so long as they do not harm or take away the human rights of another person. And this should only be allowed on religious properties or religious ceremonies that are in no way state owned or funded.

Though I think organised religion is backward and wrong, I also believe forcing people to change their religion (unless it harms others) to be wrong.

So therefore since FGM harms another person and takes away rights of bodily automony, the line is drawn and I don't believe it should be allowed.
    Fantastic response. I agree 100%. I'd rep you but (again) it's not letting me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Fantastic response. I agree 100%. I'd rep you but (again) it's not letting me?!
    It's because I'm just too darn popular and you've repped me too recently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    I'm not though lol
    It's because of religious reasons.
    Lol she got banned for a while, so yes, it was that bad.
    I never got banned for anything I have said to you, plus people get banned all the time so don't give yourself too much credit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danz123)
    Absolutely right, couldn't have put it better myself. :cool:

Even though I'd say I'm more creative than logical, I'm still both and can see the flaws in believing in such a contradictory faith(s).

People ask how one can be an atheist given the wonder of the universe and such, well one can't disprove a negative. However under that logic, it would be equally likely that pink unicorns, fairies, Hogwarts or the flying spaghetti monster exists. I'm an atheist in the same way I'm an aunicornist or afairyist, or indeed amagicist (though the Harry Potter world is soooo cool). The evidence for all examples is equally poor.
    I'm not remotely creative unfortunately

I agree with your response, definitely on the same page.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree with you too! Some people who make the God-Science argument truly are uneducated. Many of those who graduate from the worlds leading universities such as oxford, Cambridge and Harvard have religious tendencies, and someone, whom myself am hoping to study geology at the university of oxford, uphold my Christian beliefs 100%. Some people seem to suggest a correlation between being uneducated and being religious which to me is extremely bizzare. It is nice to see someone sticking up for what they believe in, I am sick and tired of these leftists who believe that everyone who disagrees with homosexual marriage is sick in the head, and homophobic because both of these are crazy notions. We live in a Christian country, people should respect the religious beliefs of this country's inhabitants. Whether a minority or not, this is a Christian derived nation and our religious tendencies should not be altered. If one was to try and change religious ceremonies and beliefs with regards to a religion other than Christianity there would be uproar, but dictating what Christians can and cannot do is absolutely justifiable according to most people on here

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol, it contradicts itself every five minutes.

ReputationRep:
    So you're basing it off the story of a paedophilic mass murderer. Nice.
    And then she expects moral people like me not to criticize her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingBradly)
    I completely support same-sex marriage but in one respect it's a shame that it was was legalized. Christianity doesn't except homosexuality, full stop. It is a backwards, outdated, incredibly stupid religion that should just be left to die out, rather than adapted to suit the modern world.
    I too support same sex marriage and am opposed to bigotry, but I am equally opposed to people like you who (rightfully) denounce anti-gay bigotry whilst practising anti-Christian bigotry.

Your analysis of Christianity is narrow-minded and incorrect.The Christian Church feeds the hungry, shelters the homeless, advocates for the oppressed and stands up to those who do evil. This isn't just a matter of opinion, this is fact, the Church does all these things and more. You may well dislike bits of it (I do too), you may think the whole God thing is nonsense. but you need to treat your opponents fairly.

Gay marriage is supposed to be about acceptance, not switching one form of bigotry for another. Sort yourself out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe gay marriage should be legal.

ReputationRep:
    Don't like it, it IS wrong but people can do whatever they want to do. I don't really care...as long as it doesn't involve me...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, it contradicts itself every five minutes.
    Just like elliemayxo

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.