Turn on thread page Beta

TfL grad scheme 2016 intake watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,

I haven't heard anything. I did email them and the response was 'We can confirm that we will contact you as soon as we receive the outcome of your assessment centre.'

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I applied to the Civil Engineering Summer Scheme at the end of January. I did everything in about 10 days: situational, numeric and inductive online tests and video interview.
    Now I'm waiting for a reply, but I was wandering: what's next? I mean I'm applying for a summer placement so I guess there will be no AC for me (also considering that I'm applying from outside UK), right?

ReputationRep:
    Heard back from them today Got offered a place on GM graduate scheme three work days after the AC (which was on Feb 3rd)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathdotrandom)
    Heard back from them today Got offered a place on GM graduate scheme three work days after the AC (which was on Feb 3rd)
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone waiting to hear back about their test results (maths and mechanical). Also has anyone either applied to become an information management apprentice or is currently on this programme?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if TfL has held any AC for Road Space Management stream? I'm still waiting on video interview result since early December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KTS89)
    Does anyone know if TfL has held any AC for Road Space Management stream? I'm still waiting on video interview result since early December.
    im waiting on this too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieee94)
    im waiting on this too!
    They e-mailed me and said that they are holding one AC per day for their stream and they have not held any for this stream yet so applications are still considered. My experience though has shown that whenever I'm waiting for so long the outcome is not good, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys done the video interview then?

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

TFL minimum degree requirement is 2:1. They state they do not take into account UCAS Points for the Fianance Graduate Programme.

I would like some advise, if I have EUU A Level grades and have secured a 2:1 Business Management Degree at Roehampton Uni, will my application be looked down upon based on the UCAS points and University I studied at including the degree I studied?

Or is the application soly based on how well you answer their various tests and how well you do in Interview as well as experience?

Let me know as soon as you can
    Thank you

ReputationRep:

Well done on the offer. I had my assessment centre yesterday and got offered a place today. I'm absolutely thrilled. It hasn't fully sunken in yet. Anyone else here accepted an offer for September start?

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,TFL minimum degree requirement is 2:1. They state they do not take into account UCAS Points for the Fianance Graduate Programme.I would like some advise, if I have EUU A Level grades and have secured a 2:1 Business Management Degree at Roehampton Uni, will my application be looked down upon based on the UCAS points and University I studied at including the degree I studied?Or is the application soly based on how well you answer their various tests and how well you do in Interview as well as experience?Let me know as soon as you canThank you

ReputationRep:
    Long talk lurker but signed up especially for this! Just sent off my video interview. How long did it take you to hear back from your respective schemes?

ReputationRep:
    Long time lurker even*

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,
    I did the assessment center for the Facilities Management Year Placement last Thursday (31st March). I have seen quite a range of response time from 1-6 working days for an offer. I just wondering whether anyone else who received an offer would like to share their response time. The suspense is killing me. By the way, the assessment center was amazing. The staffs were so friendly and the whole day was properly arranged with the candidates in mind. Many thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dosumu)
    Hi Guys,
    I did the assessment center for the Facilities Management Year Placement last Thursday (31st March). I have seen quite a range of response time from 1-6 working days for an offer. I just wondering whether anyone else who received an offer would like to share their response time. The suspense is killing me. By the way, the assessment center was amazing. The staffs were so friendly and the whole day was properly arranged with the candidates in mind. Many thanks in advance.
    approx. 3 working days (weekend was in between)

ReputationRep:
    approx. 3 working days (weekend was in between)
    Thanks for your answer. Just out of curiosity, how well did you feel you performed on the written exercise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dosumu)
    Thanks for your answer. Just out of curiosity, how well did you feel you performed on the written exercise?
    Haha I think I can put your mind at ease: i did terribly. Applied for general management and then, in the written exercise, couldn't figure out what a general manager is (I thought a station manager, not someone on the general management scheme) and wrote my entire written exercise on the wrong topic^^ But I still got an offer, so they can't value that exercise too highly^^
    (Didn't receive feedback due to the fact that I got an offer)
    Also, damn that exercise was tough, it left with me with a cramp in my hand.

ReputationRep:
    Haha I think I can put your mind at ease: i did terribly. Applied for general management and then, in the written exercise, couldn't figure out what a general manager is (I thought a station manager, not someone on the general management scheme) and wrote my entire written exercise on the wrong topic^^ But I still got an offer, so they can't value that exercise too highly^^
    (Didn't receive feedback due to the fact that I got an offer)
    Also, damn that exercise was tough, it left with me with a cramp in my hand.
    I value your replies so much. The written exercise was the hardest in my opinion. I had a similar experience, I was not completely sure what they wanted so I focused on spelling and grammar. I am confident with my performance on the other tasks. I felt like my interview at the end went really well. There were 5 candidates including me and 2 positions. I really hope I get an offer, it would be great to meet you at the induction!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I applied for the Project Management Year Out Scheme, does anyone have any pointers for the video interview?

I'll be doing it on my phone through the app

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.