Turn on thread page Beta

Are men and women equal? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shad123)
    you being gay explains a lot tbh
    Let's not go into another offensive debate shall we?

There's no point in discussing this issue. I've made my opinions on it clear, you've made yours and they're crap. That's all there is to it.

Adios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Bull****

Crap

Not always a pro

Absolute *******s

You're a total weasel. Male oppression has made women the unhappiest they have ever been. Why do you think the Suffrage even came about? Legit stunned you even believe the utter bull**** you are spouting.
    Here are about 25 studies showing men are smarter than women:

http://www.iqtestexperts.com/iq-better.php

Here is a landmark study showing that women have gotten unhappier every decade as feminism has progressed:

http://www.nber.org/papers/w14969

You are really arrogant for a schoolkid. One of many, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    so you dont support the patriarchy?
    No I damn-well do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    I care a lot about equality. Not just between genders. I also have a loving boyfriend of many years and he may not agree with everything I believe and vice versa. Doesn't mean a person is doomed to be forever alone because they believe in gender equality. My gosh stop making a big deal,out of this
    you do realise when i say feminism i mean the man hating orc freaks that you see protesting over little things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)

Here is a landmark study showing that women have gotten unhappier every decade as feminism has progressed:

Haven't displayed arrogance once.

As for the first set - you've plucked it off some random site and it's just a list. Anyone could have written it. Find an actual solid, well-supported, verified scientific study into the issue. I'm not narrow-minded, I'm willing to be proved wrong but I am adamant you are talking absolute rubbish. I personally do not believe gender influences natural intelligence.

The second, I'm not sure how you deduce that feminism is the root cause. Looks more to me like you're just using this to argue that because it allows you to say that's the reason why when it's merely a possibility and not an absolute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)

feminists dont believe in science, might as well throw all that away pal

ReputationRep:
    No I damn-well do not.
    but without the patriarchy surely society will crumble?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Diplomat.)
    but without the patriarchy surely society will crumble?
    Patriarchy does not even exist today as a hard-and-fast rule. So clearly it will not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanDYEL)
    Yeah but even if we had, arguments are so predictable and follow the same route..... Few ideas are shared then someone starts commenting about the other persons grammar, then insults are thrown and then a whole new subject arises......
    You don't know but we might agree on many things in life, but if someone says something about equality That is very horrible or degrading I'm obviously not going to take a liking to them. This is a topic I'm really passionate about.

ReputationRep:
    Patriarchy does not even exist today as a hard-and-fast rule. So clearly it will not.
    if it doesnt exist, why are women 'oppressed'.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not agree men are more physically dominant than women? Maybe you're mad because you're not good looking enough to get a good job.
    We're basically bananas as well. Now be quiet woman.
    Funny how you realised you were wrong and now trying to say I changed the subject hahahahah
    You seem butthurt
    I think you're slightly mad you were born a woman.... Why is this so hard to admit.
    You come across like a 12 year old who has just got his first computer and discovered the internet. The way you just come out with rubbish and insult people in the most lame and childlike way possible is why I say that. I mean this entire thread you have just come out with nothing intelligent or educated, just trying to be offensive as possible.
    Sorry, but it is just infantile.

That's all he can do to make himself sound remotely plausible.
    For someone just looking at this thread now it really isn't even remotely plausible. Just obvious trolling.

ReputationRep:
    you do realise when i say feminism i mean the man hating orc freaks that you see protesting over little things
    That's not true feminism then? If we all ignore them and focus on more important equality topics then the world will be a more equal place. Ps. Men can be hatic Orc freaks that protest over little things TOO. Why aren't you warning them they will never find a women...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    You come across like a 12 year old who has just got his first computer and discovered the internet. The way you just come out with rubbish and insult people in the most lame and childlike way possible is why I say that. I mean this entire thread you have just come out with nothing intelligent or educated, just trying to be offensive as possible.
    Sorry, but it is just infantile.

For someone just looking at this thread now it really isn't even remotely plausible. Just obvious trolling.
    In your opinion.....

ReputationRep:
    feminists dont believe in science, might as well throw all that away pal
    Feminism as a social science theory doesn't. However, I always hope to convince men, especially homosexuals, of the falsehoods of feminism. Some gay guys see straight men and see the enemy, which is really far from the truth. We just don't want them rubbing it in our faces.

ReputationRep:
    if it doesnt exist, why are women 'oppressed'.
    They're not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Feminism as a social science theory doesn't. However, I always hope to convince men, especially homosexuals, of the falsehoods of feminism. Gay guys see straight men and see the enemy, which is really far from the truth. We just don't want them rubbing it in our faces.
    Do not get me started on this debate. There's no need to bring sexuality into this issue. It is entirely separate.

I do not see heterosexual men as the enemy, you talk absolute bull****. Spend less time on the internet and more time in the actual world.

ReputationRep:
    They're not.
    then why are we arguing?

aren't feminists just raging liars in their own right then?

ReputationRep:
    then why are we arguing?

aren't feminists just raging liars in their own right then?
    It's actually painful to realise you do not even understand the very issue you're trying to debate. Definitely going to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    You don't know but we might agree on many things in life, but if someone says something about equality That is very horrible or degrading I'm obviously not going to take a liking to them. This is a topic I'm really passionate about.
    I'm sure we would And I totally understand how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    In your opinion.....
    Congratulations, you seem to have grasped how forums work. Of course it is my opinion. In your opinion you are probably an articulate and well informed man. In my opinion you just type page after page of insults so you can argue with people and then convince yourself that you have "won" said argument to make yourself feel better.

Like you follow another user on here around who likes guinea pigs saying you like to eat them. If that isn't infantile trolling, trying to argue with people for your own sad way of getting pleasure, then I don't know what is.

Yeah it is my opinion, but it is looking pretty valid right now.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.