Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Not sure I agree with that. Mullins and Shane Williams are always excellent. Gordon D'Arcy was a bit one-eyed, but it's presumably his first co-commentary and he'll grow into it just like BOD. If ITV could dump the post-anthem adverts they'd have really excellent coverage.

The result can only be good for England at this stage though.
    They made so many sloppy mistakes with player names and refereeing decisions etc.

Not sure. I think one of today's sides will win their remaining 4, meaning that they'll finish on 9 and England on a maximum of 8.

ReputationRep:
    How much stronger the SH are compared to what we've offered this weekend... it's all a little depressing isn't it? Same rubbish, just another year kind of feeling. I know it's early days for France/England with new coaches but it's hard to shake the thoughts.

What changes, if any, would people make to their team/s for next week?

ReputationRep:
    My predictions (a bit late):
    Wales
    Nope
    Italy
    Toby Falatau

Eventful opening weekend. Would have been some story if Italy had stolen a win off the last play in Paris. I thought they were the better team personally but not clinical enough.

Same story for Scotland, just not clinical enough. A missed dropped goal, a botched 4 on 3 situation; England didn't have to work all that hard for the win, Scotland gave it to them.

Great game to finish the weekend off in Dublin aswell. Both teams desperately trying to win, shown by the attacking intent in overtime, Ireland trying to snatch points when they turned the ball over instead of kicking the ball out of play. A draw probably a fair result.

ReputationRep:
    Could only watch the game in patches today due to work commitments, but looked a good game. Scotland seemed to perform well, or at least better than usual.

With Ireland losing is it now a two horse race? Twickenham showdown looking likely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Wavefunction)

With Ireland losing is it now a two horse race? Twickenham showdown looking likely.
    Looking to me like its England, Wales and France still all within a shout. But a Twickenham showdown will be something I'd love to see!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1306)
    Looking to me like its England, Wales and France still all within a shout. But a Twickenham showdown will be something I'd love to see!
    France definitely in with a shout, but for some reason I can see both Wales and Engalnd beating them.

ReputationRep:
    France definitely in with a shout, but for some reason I can see both Wales and Engalnd beating them.
    Very true, France have looked very shaky in their two matches, highlighted by the low points difference in both games

Enjoying the 6 nations! Come on England for the win! Can we keep it going?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quality performance by England. Of course nothing less than a victory would have done but we played some great rugby in the second half. George Ford and Ben Young's kicking was very good.

Much improved Scotland yesterday. Late tries sealed the game for Wales but spirited performance from Scotland.

Same can't be said for Ireland. Very flat performance, France on the other hand have put themselves in contention for the trophy and are still on course for the grand slam. Going to be a big game when Wales play England in a couple of weeks time as Wavefunction has already said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sarries ship 5 tries in the first half-hour at home to Wasps. Currently 13-31.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet _One86)
    Enjoying the 6 nations! Come on England for the win! Can we keep it going?!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Glad you're enjoying it! I'm sure we can, we defiantly have the momentum over the other teams!

ReputationRep:
    Sarries ship 5 tries in the first half-hour at home to Wasps. Currently 13-31.
    I'm amazed! Will be pretty strange if all 4 teams in the top 4 lose, especially after 2,3 and 4th losing last week! Just shows how competitive the premiership is and sometimes anyone can beat anyone!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ps would have been even better if Worcester beat Bath yesterday, so close!

(Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Quality performance by England. Of course nothing less than a victory would have done but we played some great rugby in the second half. George Ford and Ben Young's kicking was very good.

Much improved Scotland yesterday. Late tries sealed the game for Wales but spirited performance from Scotland.

Same can't be said for Ireland. Very flat performance, France on the other hand have put themselves in contention for the trophy and are still on course for the grand slam. Going to be a big game when Wales play England in a couple of weeks time as Wavefunction has already said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't forget Jonathan Joseph's 🏉

Glad you're enjoying it! I'm sure we can, we defiantly have the momentum over the other teams!
    Enjoyed it would be an understatement lol
    We defo had game today!! Had to win on away turf lol and esp to strong Italy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manu Tuilagi back for Tigers tonight. Eddie Jones hoping to bring him in against Wales.. Surely that'll be too early? Bet matt1306 is happy though.

ReputationRep:
    Manu Tuilagi back for Tigers tonight. Eddie Jones hoping to bring him in against Wales.. Surely that'll be too early? Bet matt1306 is happy though.
    Defiantly yeah, we need some added power in the squad especially after the last couple of weeks! I think he will get 50 minutes tonight and then De villiers will come on and replace him which I'm also looking forward to. I agree, he's not ready for Wales yet, no point risking his long term health in whats possibly the biggest game of the season!

ReputationRep:
    Manu actually played the full 80 minutes last night. Shown really good intent and in the first 5 minutes he made a strong run though the defence. He took a little knock to his head in this contact but seemed okay after about 20 minutes. He made some other good runs and lots of meters but his handling skills still aren't 100% yet showing rustiness but having said that he did supply Tait with an excellent 20m pass.

He played alongside De Villiers for the first time so probably wasn't exactly sure how it was going to go. All in all, he went well but defiantly isn't ready for international yet, especially Vs Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Manu actually played the full 80 minutes last night. Shown really good intent and in the first 5 minutes he made a strong run though the defence. He took a little knock to his head in this contact but seemed okay after about 20 minutes. He made some other good runs and lots of meters but his handling skills still aren't 100% yet showing rustiness but having said that he did supply Tait with an excellent 20m pass.

He played alongside De Villiers for the first time so probably wasn't exactly sure how it was going to go. All in all, he went well but defiantly isn't ready for international yet, especially Vs Wales.
    Do you think Jones will play him, though?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think Jones will play him, though?
    Unfortunately, yes. I think Jones may rush him in
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ollie Devoto is out of Saturday's game with injury.

Might Elliot Daly finally get his chance to bench?

ReputationRep:
    Ollie Devoto is out of Saturday's game with injury.

Might Elliot Daly finally get his chance to bench?
    Hopefully he goes with that option, Daly is defiantly one of the best centres in the Premiership and needs experience at international level

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 27, 2016
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.