Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The silliest things people have said watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TonksTheCat)
    I couldn't remember the name for laybies so I said "sleepy lane".
    I couldn't remember the name for a mace so I said "bombyknocker"

"He doesn't care about pink" - me

(you need to know my name is India to understand this one)
    A person - Hello Asia
    Me - Fail, that's a continent, India is a country.
    Same person - Hello Africa
    Me - ...
    Person- oh wait..
    I don't get it lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    Sadly I know a few Egyptians who still try to deny that they're African and claim to be Middle Eastern :rofl:

I have a friend whose Egyptian and she has the mooooost beautiful eyes! :daydreaming:
    They can claim to be but they'll never have the oil money the middle easterners have ;(

What colour? I have eyes...
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    They can claim to be but they'll never have the oil money the middle easterners have ;(

What colour? I have eyes...
    her eyes are honey-coloured. They actually look amazing against her golden complexion.

ReputationRep:
    her eyes are honey-coloured. They actually look amazing against her golden complexion.
    Oh wow.. That reminds me of one of the guys I've seen who has amazing eyes. Let me find a picture of him.

ReputationRep:
    Some people in my friends old geography class:

"I swear India's in Africa??"

*Is asked to find russia, the biggest f****** country, cant find it*

*Is asked to find Britain, home country, cant find it*

ReputationRep:
    Name:  eye pop out.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  17.2 KB
    found it!

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Sadly I know a few Egyptians who still try to deny that they're African and claim to be Middle Eastern :rofl:

I have a friend whose Egyptian and she has the mooooost beautiful eyes! :daydreaming:
    I don't want to get too into this but I think it's important to get racial definitions well-defined.

There are my definitions for the "Near Eastern" race:
    Middle Eastern // Indian
    Turkic / Kurds / Arab / Jew / Persian // North Indian / South Indian

North Africans who are part of the Near Eastern race would be called Arab, and Arabs in Africa would only be those of the type who form the majority in the northern 3/4 of Egypt.

Nubians are black and are part of the African race.

A lot of Egyptians are Near Eastern.

ReputationRep:
    I got asked by my psychology teacher a couple of weeks ago what the difference is between communists and far-right groups...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yulebook)
    I don't want to get too into this but I think it's important to get racial definitions well-defined.

There are my definitions for the "Near Eastern" race:
    Middle Eastern // Indian
    Turkic / Kurds / Arab / Persian // North Indian / South Indian

North Africans who are part of the Near Eastern race would be called Arab, and Arabs in Africa would only be those of the type who form the majority in the northern 3/4 of Egypt.

Nubians are black and are part of the African race.

A lot of Egyptians are Near Eastern.
    Yeah, but I think the point is that geographically speaking, Egyptians are Africans. You don't need to be black in order to be considered African.

ReputationRep:
    My grandma once saw a black TV reporter who spoke in flawless Received Pronunciation doing a report outside while it was snowing, and said with a look of concern 'Why is he only wearing one scarf? He must be really cold! He's foreign and they're not used to our climate.' A few minutes later she asked why black people's skin doesn't go white in the cold like some white people's skin goes browner when it's warm :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: oh no hahha please tell me a child said this.

I'm Ivorian and I've never heard anyorne say something that stupid in my life :rofl: thank God for the clear distinction between the gloriously dim and those with common sense :lol:
    He regularly buys this chocolate that's made in Ivory Coast and he thought it was the name if the brand lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    There are people who think Churchill is a talking dog and Hitler's first name is Heil.
    Iz anyone here to talk??

ReputationRep:
    i was serving a Shell employee at work once and I told him not to be sour about the whole getting kicked out of the arctic thing... needless to say, he wasn't very impressed

ReputationRep:
    "The world doesn't revolve around you, you're not the moon" -- My friend :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    Well no, 'Muslims' collectively don't.
    And that doesn't explain why it's silly, you can be attracted to the same sex but still have faith in Islam.
    I'm pretty sure that almost all Muslims would disagree with you.
    I don't.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    \infty is a number :rofl:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a mate who's the nicest person I know, but his head is full of shower thoughts. A recent conversation went something like this:
    (For the sake of making this easier to follow, I'm A, he's B.)

B: A, the universe is expanding, right?
    A: Oh god. Go on.
    B: Well, what's it expanding in to?
    A: Nothing, the universe is everything that is.
    B: Yeah but, it's gotta be going into something.
    A: Well, I'm not an astrophysicist. You'd be better off asking one of them if you wanted a better explanation.
    *A few moments of silence as his brain kickstarts again*
    B: What was it like before the big bang?
    A: What do you mean?
    B: Like, was it just a bunch of stuff floating about or what.
    A: Well, as far as I know, there wasn't a 'before the big bang'. The big bang was when time began, it's like asking "What was it like before you were born?", you didn't exist then so you can't really answer it.
    B: So, how did it all start?
    A: No idea mate.
    *Someone else starts talking with me about the subject, and after a couple of minutes of us talking, B comes out with the following*
    B: Right, so why is a goldfish called a goldfish when it's orange?
    Spoiler:
    Show

He has a point.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ahmed766)
    Name:  eye pop out.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  17.2 KB
    found it!
    Woah there, I nearly got lost in those eyes! :daydreaming:

(Original post by yulebook)
    x
    But you don't refer to them as 'near eastern'. Many countries are 'near' something but it doesn't automatically mean that they should refer themselves as it.

Egyptians should be referred to as African, don't see much wrong with it. Just because they're not black does not mean that they're not African.

And I'm so confused about why Indians and Pakistanis call themselves Middle Eastern, when they are quite clearly not.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.