Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    Oh wait you're applying for Maths? Yeah most people applying for Maths tend to find Mechanics a lot easier than Statistics, must be because they're found more interesting. I found Mechanics so much more difficult than anything I'd ever sat before it.
    Yep, applying for maths at Cambridge, what about you?
    I wouldn't say I find mechanics easy, but like you said I find it very enjoyable whereas I find stats horrible. Bit annoying since enjoying stats can land you a lot of good jobs, but if you want to use pure maths in a job, you don't have many options...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    What are you trying to say? That you have more people in your year that like Mechanics? Lmao there's way more factors, but there's a reason the M2 grade boundaires are always so much lower than the S2 ones.
    I am saying stop moaning about doing M2 in Year 12 alot of people do it. And those people who did other modules and got straight 100s if they did M2 instead would probably jump up to the challenge and revise to get a very high mark aswell. M2 is like any other exam if you revise you will do well. Thos epoepke who get straight 100s are not dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone reckon 103 is high enough to qualify

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renzhi10122)
    And I would say that that's a very good plan (though give yourself a rest every once in a while ).
    Quick question, any preference on AOPS books or UKMT books, for BMO1 + BMO2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    does anyone reckon 103 is high enough to qualify
    Yes, unless you're very unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCalver)
    Quick question, any preference on AOPS books or UKMT books, for BMO1 + BMO2
    I must say, I've only read the inequalities one from UKMT, and that was for my personal statement, so I can't give much advice there.

ReputationRep:
    Teacher confirmed I got 112 today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dizgurl)
    Okay thanks, so its a silver..?
    Yeah, unless the boundaries change quite a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeThomasLee)
    With 98 on the SMC, what are my chances for the BMO?
    Well done! You have a good chance (hopefully the thresholds will drop a little!) but you can pay and enter anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenLovesMaths)
    Well done! You have a good chance (hopefully the thresholds will drop a little!) but you can pay and enter anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt they'll be lowered because the correct answers were posted on TSR early yday by some d-----bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrimeLime)
    Yep, applying for maths at Cambridge, what about you?
    I wouldn't say I find mechanics easy, but like you said I find it very enjoyable whereas I find stats horrible. Bit annoying since enjoying stats can land you a lot of good jobs, but if you want to use pure maths in a job, you don't have many options...
    Oh nice I'm applying for Computer Science with Maths, so I'll still have to get a 1,1 in STEP II and III if an offer comes my way lmao xD
    Yeah enjoying things makes them seem a lot easier I guess. I would assume more people enjoy Mechanics than Statistics though tbh.

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    I am saying stop moaning about doing M2 in Year 12 alot of people do it. And those people who did other modules and got straight 100s if they did M2 instead would probably jump up to the challenge and revise to get a very high mark aswell. M2 is like any other exam if you revise you will do well. Thos epoepke who get straight 100s are not dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You seem strangely irritated, there's no need to be. I completely agree, but you can't deny M2 being harder than D1, especially for Computer Scientists. Dunno why I'm not allowed to state that haha.

ReputationRep:
    Successfully just completed a STEP question about a goat being tied to a barn!
    Don't know what this has to do with the SMC but I wanted to say it lol.

ReputationRep:
    Successfully just completed a STEP question about a goat being tied to a barn!
    Don't know what this has to do with the SMC but I wanted to say it lol.
    That was literally my first step question fully completed lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    I doubt they'll be lowered because the correct answers were posted on TSR early yday by some d-----bag
    Ah yeah, that's not fair though on everyone else is it:/ I'd be very annoyed if they're lowered because of that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, that's not fair though on everyone else is it:/ I'd be very annoyed if they're lowered because of that

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if anything, they'd be put higher as a result, right?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here, I was just looking through papers at the beginning and it actually looked doable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Well if anything, they'd be put higher as a result, right?
    I meant heightened sorry! Of course I wouldn't be annoyed if they were lowered haahah, sorry for the confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I meant heightened sorry! Of course I wouldn't be annoyed if they were lowered haahah, sorry for the confusion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh okay don't worry about it

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? Haha, I thought someone might comment mentioning they've done that question before. Have you completed your STEP papers already or are you sitting them this year?

ReputationRep:
    Really? Haha, I thought someone might comment mentioning they've done that question before. Have you completed your STEP papers already or are you sitting them this year?
    2006 step I was my first paper and probably my most successful weirdly. It did take me like two weeks. Yh I sat step this year but will be resitting step III.(II and III if i need to if i get a cambridge offer).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.