Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Ohhhh, it's that one I applied to three weeks ago and got rejected -_-
    Banter

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh, it's that one I applied to three weeks ago and got rejected -_-
    That's the link to the application forum, you can apply for any of the forums you're interested in in the same place!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I dunno, I'll go where I'm put

(Original post by Queen Cersei)
    That's the link to the application forum, you can apply for any of the forums you're interested in in the same place!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I dunno, I'll go where I'm put
    Tip: Focus on somewhere and build a presence in that forum, then apply for the support team.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Tip: Focus on somewhere and build a presence in that forum, then apply for the support team.
    I have a massive presence all over, some would say bigger than yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I have a massive presence all over, some would say bigger than yours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh for sure, publicly.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Oh for sure, publicly.
    :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's the requirements exactly for being a mod?

(Original post by Sesshomaru24U)
    What's the requirements exactly for being a mod?
    15 A*s at GCSE and 10 A*s at A Level.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm kidding. :mmm: You just need to be an active member who's a helpful contributor to the forum(s) that you want to be a mod for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    15 A*s at GCSE and 10 A*s at A Level.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm kidding. :mmm: You just need to be an active member who's a helpful contributor to the forum(s) that you want to be a mod for.
    Define active? The forum I have in mind is one I tend to read through quite a lot, but only contribute to on few occasions. Would that be considered active?

Define active? The forum I have in mind is one I tend to read through quite a lot, but only contribute to on few occasions. Would that be considered active?
    The active member and 'helpful contributor' bits were meant separately but that's another way of looking at it, I suppose. I don't think that there's any rigid definition of 'active', but you basically need to be somebody who visits the website frequently, as opposed to somebody who only comes on to browse every two months or so.

As for being a helpful contributor, I couldn't give you a definite answer because I'm not on the CT but there's no harm in applying. Just apply and see what happens. I'll tag a member of the CT, who'll be able to answer better.

(I forgot to mention earlier: You also need a relatively clean community record.)

Queen Cersei

ReputationRep:
    The active member and 'helpful contributor' bits were meant separately but that's another way of looking at it, I suppose. I don't think that there's any rigid definition of 'active', but you basically need to be somebody who visits the website frequently, as opposed to somebody who only comes on to browse every two months or so.

As for being a helpful contributor, I couldn't give you a definite answer because I'm not on the CT but there's no harm in applying. Just apply and see what happens. I'll tag a member of the CT, who'll be able to answer better.

(I forgot to mention earlier: You also need a relatively clean community record.)

Queen Cersei
    Is that the same as being nice?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

When looking at applicants for the team we usually only consider members who are very active posters and have a regular presence in the forum of their choice... would you be looking to post more on TSR at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    Hiya,

When looking at applicants for the team we usually only consider members who are very active posters and have a regular presence in the forum of their choice... would you be looking to post more on TSR at all?
    Possibly. At this point, I'm just curious what other factors come into play on deciding who to make a mod. Also what are the responsibilities exactly.

(Original post by Absent Agent)
    Is that the same as being nice?
    Well, that, and also your community record (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/record.php) shouldn't have too many reminders/cards on it.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly. At this point, I'm just curious what other factors come into play on deciding who to make a mod. Also what are the responsibilities exactly.
    You can find a bit more info about the role here

ReputationRep:
    hi can i be ceo pls
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    hi can i be ceo pls
    Absolutely, just the type of person we were looking for!

ReputationRep:
    I think I qualify.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Can I join just to unban myself?

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, just the type of person we were looking for!
    tyvm

first thing i will do is sack u, sry friend

then this site will become "tmr", or "The Molvi Room" for me and my black magic friends

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.