Other
    1.67%
    Chelsea will still make it
    17.50%

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Bushido Brown)
    Chelsea are gonna finish 3rd or 4th this season. We might even win it you never know lol.
    Good call.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    We had the toughest away fixtures imaginable from August to November, though, in fairness.

Only one missing was a trip to the Etihad.
    It's much better to have those games earlier in the season imo. You don't want to be going to City or Chelsea in the spring needing a result

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's much better to have those games earlier in the season imo. You don't want to be going to City or Chelsea in the spring needing a result

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, always bad when you get the relegation fodder towards the back end when form goes out the window.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah, always bad when you get the relegation fodder towards the back end when form goes out the window.
    Yeh teams down the bottom are scrapping for their lives at that stage and anything can happen. Rather play the relegation fodder in December/January when they're on a bad run and decimated by injury.

ReputationRep:
    Tottenham shouldn't be underestimated - that's why.

Pochetinno's style has finally be successful and indulged in by his players, he seems to be getting the best out of previously maligned big money buys like Lamela, and they don't have an injury-hit squad right now.

Lloris is (for me) the second best fit goalkeeper in the division, behind only DDG, and their back four is solid with selection. They've also got players in the form of their life having big seasons, like Dembele and Dier and Alli.
    I don't underestimate them at all - they have a few exceptional players and things is definitely the strongest I've seen Spurs in a long while.

They have a lead on us already and if they can take advantage of our injuries, perhaps they can pull out a big gap by the time we hit our stride.

I'm expecting big things from us in 2016 so I'm not too worried that we're lagging behind a little.
    The table says we're 10th but that isn't as bad when you consider 5th-10th spans a difference of only 4 points.
    Considering the away fixtures we've had, I'd say things look promising.

ReputationRep:
    I say Norwich.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I don't underestimate them at all - they have a few exceptional players and things is definitely the strongest I've seen Spurs in a long while.
    They were better when they had Bale, Modric, van der vaart etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're arguably better set-up now, though. Pochetinno is such a superior tactician to Redknapp, with an actual DNA in his playing style. Sure, they lack the stardust of the players you mention, but they're a cohesive unit and showed against Man City and Arsenal just how tough an outfit they're becoming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    First team yes but their depth was a joke and their tactical setup was poor.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think Spurs can challenge for the title if they get in a good striker/second stirker in the January window and maybe a centre-mid as well, though there policy of promoting within may help.

Would be one of the weakest squads on paper to win it, Europa League will also obviously affect their chances but City aren't running away with it when they really should tbh. Spent well over £100 million and still replying on two/three players to bail them out.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam277)
    First team yes but their depth was a joke and their tactical setup was poor.
    Their depth is still a joke now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Their depth is still a joke now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's more well-rounded, though.

They have a group of similar quality lads ready to be interchanged with each other. If Modric was injured, they'd have to bring in Huddlestone or Palacios. That's a big jump in quality - and style.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's more well-rounded, though.

They have a group of similar quality lads ready to be interchanged with each other. If Modric was injured, they'd have to bring in Huddlestone or Palacios. That's a big jump in quality - and style.
    If Kane is injured they have nobody. Fazio, Tripper, Vorm, Townsend, Davies etc aren't very appealing options in reserve. Its such a shame Alex Pritchard has been injured because he'd have got his chance otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    If Kane is injured they have nobody. Fazio, Tripper, Vorm, Townsend, Davies etc aren't very appealing options in reserve. Its such a shame Alex Pritchard has been injured because he'd have got his chance otherwise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trippier's been good for them whenever he's played. I don't really rate Bentaleb or Mason, but they are both tidy and fine if unremarkable. They aren't as mercurial as a Sandro, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    still saying norwich

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 20, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.