Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    Congrats!! Has that just come through now? Hope you don't mind me asking but what were your grades & how long ago did you apply?
    Thanks! I got it Friday and GCSES 4A*, 3A, 1B. AS - AAAB, Predicted A*A*A* and I applied 7 Oct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redwhiteandbrit)
    Huzzah! We should all have a big meet up and I'm thinking Bankside or Northumberland! Torn between many of them tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah definitely! Are you going to the offer holder day in April?
    I'm torn between many of the accommodation halls too If I could find someone to share a room then I'd probably go with Northumberland (where first years are expected to share).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pizzicato)
    Yeah definitely! Are you going to the offer holder day in April?
    I'm torn between many of the accommodation halls too If I could find someone to share a room then I'd probably go with Northumberland (where first years are expected to share).
    I'll be there and yeah so crazy to think about hopefully it'll be sorted!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional to do Government and History. Anyone know when accommodation applications open?

ReputationRep:
    The LNAT is not taken into consideration by LSE.

(Original post by Stanhope6)
    Got an unconditional to do Government and History. Anyone know when accommodation applications open?
    Normally about Feb 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stanhope6)
    if you don't mind me asking is your offer unconditional as you had previously deferred your entry? if not what are you predicted grades? thanks and congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Management, AAA
    Is there any group on Facebook for offer holders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prepdream)
    Offer for Management, AAA
    Is there any group on Facebook for offer holders?
    Got the same this morning as well lool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JT0121)
    Got the same this morning as well lool!
    Yay well done! Please can u tell us your stats and when you applied? Would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahk4y)
    Yay well done! Please can u tell us your stats and when you applied? Would be appreciated!
    GCSE: 6A 4B 1C
    AS: Biology A Economics A Maths C Physics D
    Predicteds: AAA (dropped physics)

Applied on 16 of November and was halfway through my 8 weeks!

Thanks such a relief!!! best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Government and Economics, Bsc (AAA)

Do any of you guys have any ideas which halls you are going to choose, which are the best in terms of travelling, social? I missed a chance at seeing the rooms at the open day last year, but have heard they aren't that great :/

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Geography BA (AAA)

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everybody on your offers

Offer for Bsc Economics, came through on friday!

ReputationRep:
    Offer for BSc International Relations on Friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatisgold1)
    Got an offer for Government and Economics, Bsc (AAA)

Do any of you guys have any ideas which halls you are going to choose, which are the best in terms of travelling, social? I missed a chance at seeing the rooms at the open day last year, but have heard they aren't that great :/
    I study that at the moment, you'll enjoy it! (Bankside house woo!!)

ReputationRep:
    cheeky lil offer for History and IR woop woop!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    I study that at the moment, you'll enjoy it! (Bankside house woo!!)
    Oh!! Can I ask you a couple of questions?
    How are you finding the course, what subjects/topic areas are you studying/how is the workload? And obviously it's LSE so the quality must be good, but how is the teaching and extra support and help with assignments/work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatisgold1)
    Oh!! Can I ask you a couple of questions?
    How are you finding the course, what subjects/topic areas are you studying/how is the workload? And obviously it's LSE so the quality must be good, but how is the teaching and extra support and help with assignments/work?
    I am enjoying my course, and I'll enjoy it even more in my second year when I have more choice over my direction.

Currently I am studying (lent term):

LSE100 - A module all first years do, to be honest it is a bit of pain
    EC102 (Economics B) - Not too difficult and a lot of fun
    GV101 (Political Science) - Very intuitive, a lot of reading but on interesting topics
    GV100 (Political Theory) - Basically philosophy, my least enjoyable subjects but many people really enjoy the deep and important questions.
    MA100 - More difficult than MA107 and had to ask my department for the switch to MA100. Very large workload and important not to fall behind! But I do enjoy maths in general.

The workload is huge!! It is manageable as long as you don't fall behind and there is still time to go out to clubs at least twice a week.

There is very little student support handed to you, but if you simply ask - your teachers will be willing to sit down 1 on 1 and talk through any problems you have in an "office hour'". The lecture quality varies greatly and put simply, the less quantitative the subject, the greater the lecture. Teaching quality is good and each teacher has a very different style, some will suit your needs better the others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie S)
    The lecture quality varies greatly and put simply, the less quantitative the subject, the greater the lecture. Teaching quality is good and each teacher has a very different style, some will suit your needs better the others.
    Hi Jamie

Out of curiosity, does that rule apply to other modules/courses other than the ones related to Govt and Economics?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.