Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'm happy to share this anxious path with somebody . I come from Italy and I just applied for the International Security MA.
    I have a question: in the "Application under review" page, in the upper right, it says "Application completion date: Tuesday, 29 March 2016". Does someone know what this means?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacBa)
    Hi guys, I'm happy to share this anxious path with somebody . I come from Italy and I just applied for the International Security MA.
    I have a question: in the "Application under review" page, in the upper right, it says "Application completion date: Tuesday, 29 March 2016". Does someone know what this means?
    From what I observed in my espace candidat before, I think that's the date until which you can still make changes to your application - e.g., edit documents. But I am not 100% sure. That's only what I noticed in my case; the edit buttons disappeared after my designated application completion date lapsed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micological)
    From what I observed in my éspace candidat before, I think that's the date until which you can still make changes to your application - e.g., edit documents. But I am not 100% sure. That's only what I noticed in my case; the edit buttons disappeared after my designated application completion date lapsed.
    Oh thanks, that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just got rejected from International Security MA. I was wondering whether it`s possible to get any feedback on their decisions. Have any of your heard/read anything? Better luck with your applications!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email a few minutes ago that I was admitted to the Master in International Public Management program I also didn't receive an "admissible" email beforehand. Maybe you'll get your decision soon, too!
    Same here too, got the acceptance last night without the 'admissible' email. Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJ_NP)
    Same here too, got the acceptance last night without the 'admissible' email. Congratulations!
    Congratulations to you, too! Which program did you get accepted to?

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to you, too! Which program did you get accepted to?
    Thanks! I got into Master in International Economic Policy.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

Congratulations to all of you who already have received their offers and good luck to all of you waiting to hear back .

I am currently applying for the International Public Management program. I don't know if my profile is up to the standards PSIA is looking for.

A bit about myself, My undergraduate was in Politics and International Studies from Exeter University, I graduated with a solid 2.1. I then went on to complete a year studying Mandarin at Fudan University in Shanghai. I am now in the middle of completing a year of internships. While at university I completed a Public Relations and Communications internship in Singapore, I have just finished my second internship in Management Consulting in Dubai and now I am interviewing for internships in Brussels aligned with Public Affairs and the European Union. I only speak English, Urdu, Hindi and my Mandarin is intermediate. I hope to start learning French again during my time in Brussels and if I get accepted at Science Po.

What do you guys think? Do you think I have a good chance of getting in to the program?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for European Affairs - anybody else who applied for this programme?

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    To those who applied before December, has anyone applied for the Eiffel scholarship? Any idea when exactly will the results be out?
    Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    hello everyone, i applied for human rights and humanitarian action masters,
    i have a focus in cambodian politics, i can speak khmer at an intermediate level, can read at an elementary level, which does require a lot of studying, have lived in the country for the past 2 years, including extended time in extremely remote areas typical of only the most courageous ngo work, and my thesis paper of which i am very confident in deals cambodia, i went to a top research university in the USA, my weaknesses are my gpa is a 3.38 below the cut off, but i did briefly attend two other undergrad universities that would bring gpa over that mark, which they could supposedly recognize, my major gpa is higher than a 3.9, the issue is i had a failed stint in german coursework that destroyed my gpa, not sure if they will give me leniency on this issue, as german doesn't relate to my academic focus, but i didn't specifically mention this in the personal statement either.

good luck to everyone
    im a dual EU/US citizen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambodgehead)
    hello everyone, i applied for human rights and humanitarian action masters,
    i have a focus in cambodian politics, i can speak khmer at an intermediate level, can read at an elementary level, which does require a lot of studying, have lived in the country for the past 2 years, including extended time in extremely remote areas typical of only the most courageous ngo work, and my thesis paper of which i am very confident in deals cambodia, i went to a top research university in the USA, my weaknesses are my gpa is a 3.38 below the cut off, but i did briefly attend two other undergrad universities that would bring gpa over that mark, which they could supposedly recognize, my major gpa is higher than a 3.9, the issue is i had a failed stint in german coursework that destroyed my gpa, not sure if they will give me leniency on this issue, as german doesn't relate to my academic focus, but i didn't specifically mention this in the personal statement either.

good luck to everyone
    im a dual EU/US citizen

Hello there,

I honestly think that with your kind of experience working in a country still plagued by human rights issues, you stand a very good chance of getting admitted. Your brief German paper stint should not be an issue as long as you explain it in your personal statement. But since you didn't, I don't think that should be a problem either. I had to stop studying for a few months, and even though it showed on my CV, that did really have a big impact on my application as a whole since I was eventually admitted to the Human Rights and Humanitarian Action programme. And I don't even have relevant professional experience in the field. I do have a similar profile to you in that my focus is on Thai human rights violation issues. Sciences Po loves applicants with a unique cultural focus/background.

I'm very convinced you'll do fine. Let me know how it turns out.

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who got accepted, have you applied to the Emily Boutmy Scholarship? And the deadline to when we have to decide our enrollment? I hope I get the scholarship notification before I gave to make the final decision.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I have one question concerning those that were admitted to PSIA... How long did it take them to send you the mail with student number and further instructions?
    Thanks
    And congratulations to all that got in! see you in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyfulli)
    For those of you who got accepted, have you applied to the Emily Boutmy Scholarship? And the deadline to when we have to decide our enrollment? I hope I get the scholarship notification before I gave to make the final decision.
    I'm also awaiting the results of the Émile Boutmy Scholarship. According to the Admissions Team, results should be out by end of March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that! When's your decision deadline?

ReputationRep:
    I'm also awaiting the results of the Émile Boutmy Scholarship. According to the Admissions Team, results should be out by end of March. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that! When's your decision deadline?
    I haven't received the email about the decision deadline :/
    Hopefully It will get to me soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanda26)
    Hi everyone,
    I have one question concerning those that were admitted to PSIA... How long did it take them to send you the mail with student number and further instructions?
    Thanks
    Hello amanda26,
    I got my acceptance letter on December 10th and received my Student ID, on January 12th. Therefore, after more than a month. The delay, I presume, could have also been maybe because of the Christmas break that came in the middle during that time.
    All the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amanda26)
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks
    I was admitted via email on Friday, and I received my student number yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibibli)
    I was admitted via email on Friday, and I received my student number yesterday!
    Congratulations! Which program did you get admitted to?

Your student number came quite fast. I've yet to receive mine.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Which program did you get admitted to?

Your student number came quite fast. I've yet to receive mine.
    I was admitted to the dual degree Sciences Po / Georgetown, Human rights !

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.