The Student Room Group

Overrated bands/artists

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kkboyk
I only listen to This Modern Song right after hearing Biko for some reason.

I've only just recently realised after watching the music video for One More Chance that the drummer nevers smiles. Have you heard of Hunting for Witches?

Never heard Hunting for Witches... I do like the songs by Bloc Party which I've heard so I'll probably start listening to them more, but to be honest I've never really listened to a lot of Bloc Party's music before, I've just listened to a few of their songs, some of which I do really enjoy.
Original post by kkboyk
-Arctic Monkeys
-The Strokes (reptilia and hard to explain are the only good songs, imo)
-Vampire Weekends.
-The 1975
-The Neighbourhood
-Two door cinema club (they went downhill after they became really popular)
-Ed Sheeran
-Passenger
-Coldplay
-Muse
-Adele
-Clean Bandit

Oh and every mainstream rappers nowadays are overrated, to the point that its not worth for me to mention their names on the bullet point.

:redface: no way! I'll admit that their last 2 albums have been subpar, but Is This It is one of the best albums of the 2000s imo (someday, last nite, take it or leave it, the modern age...).
Original post by Tootles

Fleetwood Mac, also, are much better than you're giving them credit for. Their early days as a blues group, before they became more of a pop group, they did some awesome music.

:yes: I'm not a huge Blues fans in general; but do quite enjoy Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac from time to time.
Original post by driftawaay
Oh I have listened to every single Beatles and Rolling Stones album, I have tried SO hard to like them because I know they are those bands that just HAVE to be loved... but no, I don't feel anything when I listen to them. Sometimes I put on Hey Jude but that's all. LMAO. I can only listen to the Elton John version of Lucy in the sky with diamonds. :colonhash:

I don't like those songs. I do like Rubber Soul though. Yeah I'd agree the stones are overrated.
Definitely The Beatles and don't shoot me but I really don't understand the whole Beyonce obsession.. The only song I like is Crazy in Love.
Original post by likewildfires
Definitely The Beatles and don't shoot me but I really don't understand the whole Beyonce obsession.. The only song I like is Crazy in Love.

I think people like the person more than the artist.
I know the OP meant musical artists, but Andy Warhol. Overrated af imo.
OK so people who don't understand why Taylor Swift is so successful, it's because they don't understand the historical context or music or is it just because they think she is **** and can't really understand how anyone can sit down and listen to that and buy them and obsess over it? I think the latter.

I don't care about the context or the intricate details of Pink Floyd, I have listened to them and I don't like listening to them. That's it.

[video="youtube;Ze9xAIqZszw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ze9xAIqZszw[/video]
Taylor Swift is massively overrated imo.

Oasis - I tried to like them but just couldn't get into their music.

Radiohead - they have a few decent songs (Pyramid Song, Iron Lung, Nice Dreams, Just) but the rest are pretty rubbish.
Every time I hear someone say "Drake" I want to stab myself in the face
The following bands..... for the life of me I cannot understand why people listen to them. I have tried to hard to like all of these but I find them incredibly dull and tedious.

- Blur - how they are compared to Oasis is beyond me, they have exactly 0 catchy songs. I have listened to their albums so many times and I don't recall any of the tracks beause they just failed to get stuck in my head

- Pink Floyd - they have like 5 decent songs and the rest are these long tracks which have no singing for the first 3 minutes and they are so repetitive and then they have the short tracks which are basically like blank tracks

- The Rolling Stones - I just don't get it

- Duran Duran - same as Blur, I just can't seem to recall any of their songs no matter how many times I listen to their albums and try to get into them and try to tell myself they are good, I just don't remember any of the tunes the next day

- Fleetwood Mac - Apparently, their album 'Rumours' is like everything, but I'd rather watch paint dry

- Radiohead - their music is just pointless. I only like one song. The rest of them all sound the same and have no melody.

- Muse - pretentious idiots, their only decent songs are the singles.

- Maroon 5 - they have 2 memorable songs. She will be loved and This Love yet they're huge

- The Beatles - listening to basic music from the early 60's just doesnt make me jump up and down. their music is so basic, I am sure I would find it amazing if this was 50 years ago but in 2015, it just doesnt work anymore.

cant think of any others now

list yours xo

The Rolling Stones?.....
Fleetwood Mac?.....
The Beatles?....

Original post by yasaminO_o
Every time I hear someone say "Drake" I want to stab myself in the face

Drake is def overrated, I have tried all of his albums and he is just bland
Adele among many others... cba naming all of them.

This is super off topic and quite weird but couldn't help noticing the Romanian text on this pill box.
Also, you are mostly right. And you have really good taste in music. Kthxbai
Original post by maracatinca
This is super off topic and quite weird but couldn't help noticing the Romanian text on this pill box.
Also, you are mostly right. And you have really good taste in music. Kthxbai

its Romanian? which words? Tbh I cant even see any words its too small *blind* Its what I took for my cramps back when I lived in Hungary lmao. :frown:
its Romanian? which words? Tbh I cant even see any words its too small *blind* Its what I took for my cramps back when I lived in Hungary lmao. :frown:

Stuff like '20 tablets', 'something chlorhidrate', etc. We have the same thing lol. Hungary and Romania, united by the same ally in the fight against cramps. *cue that Why Can't We Be Friends song*
Original post by maracatinca
Stuff like '20 tablets', 'something chlorhidrate', etc. We have the same thing lol. Hungary and Romania, united by the same ally in the fight against cramps. *cue that Why Can't We Be Friends song*

Hahaha!! I actually want to go to Transylvania so bad, this itch started a few months ago which is weird because I lived in Hungary for 20 years and could've gone any time and now that I'm in the UK I can't just pop over!
Justin beiber
Him and his songs are the biggest load of S**t known to man
One direction- Never liked them and never will

Quick Reply

Latest