x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Aph)
    Interesting, jared gets a new title
    If the PM felt he, being new in his job, could use the additional (if largely symbolic) support then that's a good decision on his part.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just to confirm: Jarred as Deputy PM is my #2 in Government when I'm about. Junaid as First Secretary of State would step into Acting PM were I ever to have to become inactive for more than a couple of days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Just to confirm: Jarred as Deputy PM is my #2 in Government when I'm about. Junaid as First Secretary of State would step into Acting PM were I ever to have to become inactive for more than a couple of days.
    Aph's impact.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask the Government whether anyone other than the PM was at Twickenham yesterday?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Can I ask the Government whether anyone other than the PM was at Twickenham yesterday?
    Alas, I was not
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    I wasn't actually at Twickenham, I was watching online and procrastinating my essay.

A very good win nevertheless.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Would really help if these seemingly regular cabinet reshuffles were actually announced.

ReputationRep:
    Saracen's Fez Can the government command confidence when the cabinet is changed without public announcement, hinting at an internal crisis where a leader is scratching together a cabinet to create a false impression of togetherness.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Saracen's Fez Can the government command confidence when the cabinet is changed without public announcement, hinting at an internal crisis where a leader is scratching together a cabinet to create a false impression of togetherness.
    I assure you that there is no internal crisis.

It was probably done when I was paying a flying visit to the MHoC and was trying to clear my notifications.

We have a queue of people wanting to join the Cabinet, there is no scraping around to find ministers.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Dear House,

I am going to Berlin for a week starting tomorrow. I can't make any promises as to how frequently, if at all, I will be able to be online during this time.

I have asked one of our new members, drriversong, to proxy me until next Saturday, as she previously proxied Ray during his absence.

During this time, I will be asking junaidk7 as First Secretary of State and Deputy Leader to fill in for me as Acting Leader and Acting PM, with the support of other senior members. There is a deputy leadership election currently underway, and this will continue according to its current schedule in the capable hands of Saoirse:3, however junaidk7 will remain in his Acting roles until I return.

I will attempt to log on to TSR if I get the chance and check up on how things are going.

Fez.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    No scramble for the Deputy Prime Minister to be Acting PM during your absence?

EDIT: Just saw the message above, but in any case, why not just make junaidk DPM then... Unless Jarred is active in sub-forum, (which I assume you'll assure us he is!) he has not been particularly active within the main forum (as far as I've seen!).
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mobbsy91)

EDIT: Just saw the message above, but in any case, why not just make junaidk DPM then... Unless Jarred is active in sub-forum, (which I assume you'll assure us he is!) he has not been particularly active within the main forum (as far as I've seen!).
    Jarred is on leave at the moment.

The system is set up with Jarred as DPM and Junaid as First Secretary of State so that Jarred is second-in-command whilst I'm about, but Junaid stands in when I am away. (See last term.)
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by mobbsy91)

Fez is above that sort of thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dearest Government, can you explain the ongoing absence of your Chancellor since the very start of the term (more than a month and a half) and shed some light on the process of drafting the budget, which as you said is to be expected in early January? We need an assurance that the confidence in your governance isn't misplaced.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Stock answer incoming!!!

ReputationRep:
    Will the Government be making a statement on the outcome of the climate change talks held in Paris?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Dearest Government, can you explain the ongoing absence of your Chancellor since the very start of the term (more than a month and a half) and shed some light on the process of drafting the budget, which as you said is to be expected in early January? We need an assurance that the confidence in your governance isn't misplaced.
    Hi LP,

Jarred's had some RL problems which is why he has been absent. He did check in late in November to say he'd be back around this time, so he should be back within the next few days.

Obviously, I cannot say any of this for certain, and it's possible the budget will be pushed back a little. However, we will keep working on our plans in Government and I'm sure that once he is back, you will agree that Jarred is a more than capable Chancellor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    may I ask the government why it belives the house has been relatively quiet this term and if we can expect any explosions over christmas and new year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    may I ask the government why it belives the house has been relatively quiet this term and if we can expect any explosions over christmas and new year?
    It's probably for the simple reason that a lot of us have rl commitments and have been very busy. I know for a fact that I'm planning on writing a couple of bills over Christmas, but that doesn't exactly count as an explosion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    You only have to wait for an upcoming bill and this House won't be so quiet.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.