Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best guppy)
    Thanks folks. I'm clearly in the special early reject pile 😞
    That sucks. Falcon never even bothered to contact me at all - despite all other unsuccessful candidates getting a letter, apparently. So I must have been in the special 'not even worth the price of postage' pile there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalLab)
    I haven't received anything yet...
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck to the successful. Prepare to be tested (if it is anything like last year).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why, what happened last year? Is it an intense process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nordic)
    Has anyone else gotten one?
    I haven't received anything yet...
    (Original post by bookladder)
    Nope.
    Me neither... I'm tempted to be hopeful for good news, though my brain is saying it's more likely that they just haven't gotten around to personalising all the rejections yet. I do feel like I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes tomorrow though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preabogada)
    I cannot recall the word count at this very moment but I used about a page. I began with why company law/chancery+commercial, my suitability and why Erskine's.
    Cool, same here on all counts. I only asked as I was a bit worried I'd written too much/misinterpreted the question, but looks like it was the right way to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Me neither... I'm tempted to be hopeful for good news, though my brain is saying it's more likely that they just haven't gotten around to personalising all the rejections yet. I do feel like I'll be checking my email every 5 minutes tomorrow though!
    That's exactly what I'm thinking, trying not to get too hopeful! Although I hope we hear something tomorrow in order that arrangements can be made if necessary! But that's me being VERY optimistic

ReputationRep:
    That's exactly what I'm thinking, trying not to get too hopeful! Although I hope we hear something tomorrow in order that arrangements can be made if necessary! But that's me being VERY optimistic
    +1

ReputationRep:
    The struggle is real.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks folks. I'm clearly in the special early reject pile 😞

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, I was too.

Did anyone ITT get an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Don't worry, I was too.

Did anyone ITT get an interview?
    ITT??

Edit: Nevermind, just figured it out (I'm assuming In This Thread)

And commiserations

ReputationRep:
    ITT??

Edit: Nevermind, just figured it out (I'm assuming In This Thread)

And commiserations
    Don't worry, I feel comforted by the fact that they considered my application with 'great interest'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    Don't worry, I feel comforted by the fact that they considered my application with 'great interest'.
    This thread is making me paranoid - I just went to double check today's post to make sure I hadn't missed anything!

ReputationRep:
    Radcliffe rejection by email - seems they are getting through them slowly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Barista)
    Radcliffe rejection by email - seems they are getting through them slowly!
    I'm assuming then that they are addressed individually? This is killing me. Worryingly so as pupillage season has just started :-/

ReputationRep:
    Just got my rejection email from Radcliffe too. This pupillage application season is certainly letting me know that my own view of my abilities is somewhat too high

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else torn by the nearly obsessive need to check e-mail combined with the fear that all there will be is another rejection?

Some days you have to wonder why we put ourselves through it! 😫🙏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nordic)
    I'm assuming then that they are addressed individually? This is killing me. Worryingly so as pupillage season has just started :-/
    Same here - I haven't received anything yet today...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else torn by the nearly obsessive need to check e-mail combined with the fear that all there will be is another rejection?

Some days you have to wonder why we put ourselves through it! 😫🙏
    Definitely, not to mention nearly jumping out of my chair every time my phone beeps at me with an email! Why indeed!

ReputationRep:
    Radcliffe rejection just received. It appears that they also had 'great interest in my application'.

Trying to stay hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    Rejections coming out from Radcliffe today - by personalised e-mail.

Best of luck to the successful. Prepare to be tested (if it is anything like last year).
    Do you remember if they sent interview invites by post or email last year?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.