Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JS98)
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Have you received any other offers?
    One. From UCLAN. But I was never really into the idea of going there. It was sort of my backup. I'm still glad I got it because I thought I did horrible in the interview, but I was so hoping for Southampton; my first choice. And there are a lot of cons to UCLAN, so I'm quite conflicted and disappointed.

I've applied to 5 Irish schools as well, but have heard absolutely nothing from them, so I've lost hope there as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    One. From UCLAN. But I was never really into the idea of going there. It was sort of my backup. I'm still glad I got it because I thought I did horrible in the interview, but I was so hoping for Southampton; my first choice. And there are a lot of cons to UCLAN, so I'm quite conflicted and disappointed.

I've applied to 5 Irish schools as well, but have heard absolutely nothing from them, so I've lost hope there as well.
    I'm sorry about Southampton. At least you have an offer though! I know it isn't your top choice, though. I think I've seen something about you being from Canada, since you're an international student, have you thought about applying to Buckingham maybe for 2017 entry? (It starts in January) it has similar fees. Good luck for Ireland too, maybe one of those will come through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnekaChan173)
    I'm sorry about Southampton. At least you have an offer though! I know it isn't your top choice, though. I think I've seen something about you being from Canada, since you're an international student, have you thought about applying to Buckingham maybe for 2017 entry? (It starts in January) it has similar fees. Good luck for Ireland too, maybe one of those will come through
    Thanks

No, I hadn't even heard of that option! Do you have further details, or could you point me in the right direction to get some?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

No, I hadn't even heard of that option! Do you have further details, or could you point me in the right direction to get some?
    Yeah sure! You can apply on UCAS or on their website. Boom. As far as I know its a little shorter than usual (4.5 years) and the course is similar to the one they have at Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure! You can apply on UCAS or on their website. Boom. As far as I know its a little shorter than usual (4.5 years) and the course is similar to the one they have at Leicester.
    It seems similar to UCLAN's programme, I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion! Are you applying there as well?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've got 4 rejections and I'm not sure whether I should reapply in the UK or abroad, or take a gap year.
    Has anyone else had similar experience or any advice?

ReputationRep:
    It seems similar to UCLAN's programme, I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion! Are you applying there as well?
    I don't think I'm eligible, I would if I had a spare £180k to spend ^^' it's worth looking at, though.
    (Original post by Ichiko N.A.B.)
    Hi everyone, I've got 4 rejections and I'm not sure whether I should reapply in the UK or abroad, or take a gap year.
    Has anyone else had similar experience or any advice?
    Hiya hun! Sorry about your 4 rejections. Step one is feedback, do you know why you were rejected?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'm eligible, I would if I had a spare £180k to spend ^^' it's worth looking at, though.
    Fair enough It seems very similar to UCLAN. And I've actually been there because of my interview, so I've seen the place. It was much nicer than I thought, and since I already have an offer I'll probably just stick with that one! But I have until end of April to make my decision, so I'll see what Ireland says, and also look into EU medical schools, because several of them are ranked pretty high and wayyy cheaper than anything here!

Thanks again for you help

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough It seems very similar to UCLAN. And I've actually been there because of my interview, so I've seen the place. It was much nicer than I thought, and since I already have an offer I'll probably just stick with that one! But I have until end of April to make my decision, so I'll see what Ireland says, and also look into EU medical schools, because several of them are ranked pretty high and wayyy cheaper than anything here!

Thanks again for you help
    Sounds like a good choice. No problem, medics gotta stick together :')

ReputationRep:
    Got a post-interview rejection from Barts last week. Oh well, i didn't like it when i went there anyway
    That's my third rejection (also UCL and Imperial pre-interview due to my low BMAT), but i've got an offer from King's so it's all worked out really well for me. Even though it was my second choice after UCL, i couldn't be happier!
    Good luck to everyone, 3 rejections is not the end of the world, so if you're still waiting to hear from your unis, don't lose hope!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arusya)
    Got a post-interview rejection from Barts last week. Oh well, i didn't like it when i went there anyway
    That's my third rejection (also UCL and Imperial pre-interview due to my low BMAT), but i've got an offer from King's so it's all worked out really well for me. Even though it was my second choice after UCL, i couldn't be happier!
    Good luck to everyone, 3 rejections is not the end of the world, so if you're still waiting to hear from your unis, don't lose hope!
    Although you have received an offer, how did you feel your interview went at Kings? Did you walk feeling really confident or quite anxious thinking it may not have went that good??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arusya)
    Did you do your Bart's interview or kings interview first? Do you feel that doing one helped you do better on the other? I had interviews at both and got rejected from Bart's (although I did that last) but still waiting on kings so grasping at any shred of hope here lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any international student heard back from Cardiff?

ReputationRep:
    Got 3 post-interview rejections and waiting for the fourth one as that was my worst interview. Gutted because i thought these three actually went well, and none of the uni's give specific feedback so there's no way of knowing what I did wrong in the interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got all 4 post interview rejections already .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Croydongirl)
    I've got all 4 post interview rejections already .....
    Are you gonna reapply next year? If so, Do you feel that you might get rejected again because of interview skills? Because that's how I feel, that's what I'm scared of. Especially since none of those damn universities would tell us what we did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo.sat)
    Are you gonna reapply next year? If so, Do you feel that you might get rejected again because of interview skills? Because that's how I feel, that's what I'm scared of. Especially since none of those damn universities would tell us what we did wrong!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do find that part quite annoying and makes a bit of a mockery of the whole process (not that I ever really rate competitive non-technical interviews).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieGEM)
    I do find that part quite annoying and makes a bit of a mockery of the whole process (not that I ever really rate competitive non-technical interviews).
    Exactly! Like they ask us to do the best in our GCSEs and A levels, and then the ukcat and possibly bmat, and we need an amazing personal statement, and after all that they decide to reject us because they just don't like us. I get that interview is needed to see that the candidate is a normal human being that can talk to people, but a lot of people that are good enough end up not getting any offers because there are better applicants. And these better applicants have two or three offers to spare. It just doesn't seem fair...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly! Like they ask us to do the best in our GCSEs and A levels, and then the ukcat and possibly bmat, and we need an amazing personal statement, and after all that they decide to reject us because they just don't like us. I get that interview is needed to see that the candidate is a normal human being that can talk to people, but a lot of people that are good enough end up not getting any offers because there are better applicants. And these better applicants have two or three offers to spare. It just doesn't seem fair...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The problem is, "better" by who's estimation? Once you answer that question the answers get kind of ugly, especially as I felt I was more than a match for a lot of those that got offers on academics, UKCAT, GAMSAT...

I dared to suggest maybe offers were somewhat biased in another thread, it didn't go down well 😂

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I'm going to reapply next year to different universities. I do feel that I might get rejected again but I'm trying to improve my interview skills.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.