Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boojiebaba)
    ikr! it's 90% for an A* in the listening paper - that means you can only afford to lose 8 marks (since 90% of 80 is 72)

it's ridiculous
    oh my god, I'm definitely screwed

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just to say that as well as Capercaillie and Handel, Yiri and Chopin in particular are likely, also someone on another thread thought they might miss out Bernstein or Moby this year! Hope that helps!

And ikr the grade boundaries are really annoyingly high....and coursework too, 57/60 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    Who's ready to fail tomorrow then! My music teacher said we can email her with any questions...can I email her having a mental breakdown?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Prediction:
    (disclaimer: this could be completely wrong; make sure you revise everything, but I wanted to have a go at predicting to see how close I was!)

1. Handel
    2. Chopin
    3. Schoenberg
    4. Reich
    5. Davis
    6. Buckley
    7. Capercaille
    8. Rag Desh

9. Mozart
    10. Koko

ReputationRep:
    Handel and Capercaille are the most likely to come up in my opinion, capercaille has never made an appereance and Handel has not been seen in Section B for quite a few years. Time to cram them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunoatkinson)
    Handel and Capercaille are the most likely to come up in my opinion, capercaille has never made an appereance and Handel has not been seen in Section B for quite a few years. Time to cram them
    Handel has never come up either. I'm currently working on electric counterpoint because I'm useless at it! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Handel has never come up either. I'm currently working on electric counterpoint because I'm useless at it! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh well all the more reason for me to revise it! Really!? Electric counterpount has always been my favourite, along with Grace, Koko and Rag Desh (weird I know). I hope we dont get any brutal questions in the listening though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brunoatkinson)
    Ahh well all the more reason for me to revise it! Really!? Electric counterpount has always been my favourite, along with Grace, Koko and Rag Desh (weird I know). I hope we dont get any brutal questions in the listening though.
    Yeah, let's all hope that edexcel take it easy with our year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    got 120/120 in coursework so only need 60 marks for an a*- haven't done any revision though my music teacher thinks yiri and moby will be missed out this year. praying for glory of the lord as section b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolxkub)
    Yeah, let's all hope that edexcel take it easy with our year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They better do! I doubt it though, all exams are hard this year! Has anyone tried one of those comparison type questions? Do you think it's likely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Who's ready to fail tomorrow then! My music teacher said we can email her with any questions...can I email her having a mental breakdown?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gymnast7)
    Prediction:
    (disclaimer: this could be completely wrong; make sure you revise everything, but I wanted to have a go at predicting to see how close I was!)

1. Handel
    2. Chopin
    3. Schoenberg
    4. Reich
    5. Davis
    6. Buckley
    7. Capercaille
    8. Rag Desh

9. Mozart
    10. Koko
    For the listening section, your predictions are literally identical to mine!

ReputationRep:
    Spending the next hour revising and then in school tomorrow between the biology and music exam

ReputationRep:
    samee

(Original post by zeldor711)
    Spending the next hour revising and then in school tomorrow between the biology and music exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeldor711)
    Luckily I don't have an exam in the morning so will revise all morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    Luckily I don't have an exam in the morning so will revise all morning!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow, you're so lucky! I have 4 exams today so I literally have no revision time in between

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Macaronat)
    Wow, you're so lucky! I have 4 exams today so I literally have no revision time in between
    Aww! I've got until about 11:15 to revise so I'm making the most of it! Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The day has finally come... Good luck everyone 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gymnast7)
    Prediction:

1. Handel
    2. Chopin
    3. Schoenberg
    4. Reich
    5. Davis
    6. Buckley
    7. Capercaille
    8. Rag Desh

9. Mozart
    10. Koko
    The won't give Mozart for essay, it came up in 2013, it will be Hundel and Capercaille because otherwise next year people will know that it's those two and will revise only for those

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministralia)
    The won't give Mozart for essay, it came up in 2013, it will be Hundel and Capercaille because otherwise next year people will know that it's those two and will revise only for those
    Definitely at least one of the essay questions will be capercaillie or Handel. Also Schoenberg and all blues will most likely not come up since they were last years

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.