Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    27/04/2016 - Evening update

It feels like I never update anymore.

Today was simply awful. It started off with RS with that STUPID trainee we've had for a few weeks - I cannot stand her. Then we had physics where we did a p4 revision lesson but I did no work at all. After break we had English where we had an of mice and men lit question, mine started off really well but then I ran out of ideas and lost focus on the question in the middle so I probably screwed it up. After English we had double chemistry, literally a recipe for disaster. Our new teacher is constantly unsure of himself and is confusing things that don't have to be confusing. I actually hated today so much.

As if all that wasn't bad enough, I fell on the stairs on the bus.

Although the day has finally come - stress has officially hit me, and bloody hard as well. I've cried 4 times today (I absolutely hate crying but it's becoming more and more frequent now), and I'm really jittery and feel on the edge of a nervous breakdown. I feel sick, and really, really scared. Nothing that I've revised has paid off so far. I just feel completely and utterly useless . There's also one person stressing me out on top of all this but she doesn't even know she's doing it.

Today's just been a horrible, horrible day.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    28/04/2016 - Evening update

Today was such a chill day

It was PE moderation day, and I was quite right to be nervous about it - it was really challenging! However, I kind of already knew that I was highly likely to be one of the people moderated as they go for the highest performing, the lowest performing and a few from the middle and I'm by far the lowest performing in the class
    However, I managed to pace myself really well and run my circuit for the full 15 + 5 mins so I was happy, and I didn't let myself down by giving up

Although for some reason, the only time we actually needed to be in PE was from 8:30 till 10:30, but we ended up missing all but one lesson (football overran and so the debrief at the end ran 15 mins into our lesson before lunch so they just decided to let us stay in PE - not the greatest of ideas as people started playing dodgeball with basketballs!!!) but I was so exhausted by the end of the day that by the time maths actually came around I couldn't focus and all I wanted to do was sleep!

I haven't done any revision today as I'm shattered from circuit training. At least there's been no crying today though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    28/04/2016 - Evening update

Today was such a chill day

It was PE moderation day, and I was quite right to be nervous about it - it was really challenging! However, I kind of already knew that I was highly likely to be one of the people moderated as they go for the highest performing, the lowest performing and a few from the middle and I'm by far the lowest performing in the class
    However, I managed to pace myself really well and run my circuit for the full 15 + 5 mins so I was happy, and I didn't let myself down by giving up

Although for some reason, the only time we actually needed to be in PE was from 8:30 till 10:30, but we ended up missing all but one lesson (football overran and so the debrief at the end ran 15 mins into our lesson before lunch so they just decided to let us stay in PE - not the greatest of ideas as people started playing dodgeball with basketballs!!!) but I was so exhausted by the end of the day that by the time maths actually came around I couldn't focus and all I wanted to do was sleep!

I haven't done any revision today as I'm shattered from circuit training. At least there's been no crying today though!
    At least your not crying - it's good to hear that
    Well done though
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    At least your not crying - it's good to hear that
    Well done though
    Haha yup
    And thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    3/05/2016 - Evening update

Sorry it's been a little while, I've just been so overwhelmed by everything I haven't really had chance to update much - but it's now MAY (screams) so I need to put all that aside and just focus and plough through this final stretch as exhausting as its gonna be...

Since I last updated I have:
    -started notes on RS unit 8.2 (environmental and medical issues) - really easy unit so shouldn't be too taxing tbh
    -decided to scrap the idea of using index cards for science - they take wayyy too long to make and I'm really pushed for time. Instead I'll just make notes the 'traditional way' and do memory tests tbh as its less time consuming and probably better in a way
    -tried to get my head around b6 but still no joy, fully giving up on it until half term as it stresses me tf out and I can't deal
    -I think I got another PE topic done but I'm not 100% certain on that one (heads gone to mush)
    -started c6 notes
    -briefly went over c1 notes

School stuff:
    -we've been doing a load of past papers in German recently (literally all we've done) and I managed to get: June 13: l - 38/40 r - 43/45 June 14: l - 37/40 r - 44/45 (we're doing June 15 next week)
    -we've also been doing exam practise in English. We did a full language mock - I got 21/24 (writing) and 26/40 (again) (omam) overall grade = A* . We also did an omam literature mock which I thought I'd screwed up but actually did very well - 34/40 grade A/A* not too sure.

In other news I nearly fell asleep in geography (then again I always do), my new chem teacher hates me (but it's mutual so idc ) and I'm terrified about officially leaving school next week

Fun times lmao
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    15/5/2016 - Morning update

I keep forgetting about my own thread as I'm too busy posting on other peoples but I'm here now

Decided to prioritise big time. I've been focusing primarily on RE, but I've touched on biology b1-3 and chemistry c1-3 as well. As bad as it is, I still haven't properly revised PE yet and my exam is in 5 days.
    -typed up full notes for Believing in God, Matters of Life and Death, Marriage and the Family, Religion and Community Cohesion (so all of unit 1 done), and Religion: Rights and Responsibilities. I've made 9 cards for Religion: Peace and Conflict and 3 for Religion: Environmental and Medical Issues as well, so today I need to finish those off as well as starting and finishing Religion: Crime and Punishment as well.

In school:
    -did the June 15 German papers: l - 39/40 r - 41/45 (I was actually really unhappy with this score, although it was an absolutely evil paper)
    -got the results back from my geography controlled assessment: 53/60 which is on the boundary for an A* (according to last year's boundaries) so I'm quite happy with that
    -got my final practical scores from PE including coursework and I got 60/90 which is probably a grade B. Although I knew it was coming as I've always known that I'm pretty bad at PE, it was still a bit of a shock to get so low and now my PE teacher is pressuring me to get 100% in my exam to ensure that I get a good A, which I could do without the added stress if I'm honest.
    -got my actual scores from all 3 science coursework pieces that we did: physics - 55/64 (quite annoyed with this but physics is my strongest science so should be able to pull it back in the exam) chemistry - 57/64 (one off an A* for this which is a little bit annoying as chem is my weakest science and I'm terrified about my coursework and c7 bringing me down) biology - 58/64 (my only A*, very happy with it)

So now it's May 15th which means that my first exam is TOMORROW!!! Although I am quite prepared for it so I'm not that worried really.
    Hopefully I'll get back to updating daily again after today because I'll want to update with details of how each exam went as well as my cramming journey.
    Until tomorrow! (Hopefully )

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with your exam tomorrow! Your German marks look really good though! I'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    15/5/2016 - Morning update

I keep forgetting about my own thread as I'm too busy posting on other peoples but I'm here now

Decided to prioritise big time. I've been focusing primarily on RE, but I've touched on biology b1-3 and chemistry c1-3 as well. As bad as it is, I still haven't properly revised PE yet and my exam is in 5 days.
    -typed up full notes for Believing in God, Matters of Life and Death, Marriage and the Family, Religion and Community Cohesion (so all of unit 1 done), and Religion: Rights and Responsibilities. I've made 9 cards for Religion: Peace and Conflict and 3 for Religion: Environmental and Medical Issues as well, so today I need to finish those off as well as starting and finishing Religion: Crime and Punishment as well.

In school:
    -did the June 15 German papers: l - 39/40 r - 41/45 (I was actually really unhappy with this score, although it was an absolutely evil paper)
    -got the results back from my geography controlled assessment: 53/60 which is on the boundary for an A* (according to last year's boundaries) so I'm quite happy with that
    -got my final practical scores from PE including coursework and I got 60/90 which is probably a grade B. Although I knew it was coming as I've always known that I'm pretty bad at PE, it was still a bit of a shock to get so low and now my PE teacher is pressuring me to get 100% in my exam to ensure that I get a good A, which I could do without the added stress if I'm honest.
    -got my actual scores from all 3 science coursework pieces that we did: physics - 55/64 (quite annoyed with this but physics is my strongest science so should be able to pull it back in the exam) chemistry - 57/64 (one off an A* for this which is a little bit annoying as chem is my weakest science and I'm terrified about my coursework and c7 bringing me down) biology - 58/64 (my only A*, very happy with it)

So now it's May 15th which means that my first exam is TOMORROW!!! Although I am quite prepared for it so I'm not that worried really.
    Hopefully I'll get back to updating daily again after today because I'll want to update with details of how each exam went as well as my cramming journey.
    Until tomorrow! (Hopefully )
    Haha You've done soooo much well done Good luck for your exam tomorrow wish you all the best
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Good luck with your exam tomorrow! Your German marks look really good though! I'm sure you'll be fine!
    Thank you!
    Yeah I'm not worried about German at all, that mark just annoyed me a little because I don't normally get less than 42 it's just me being a bit arrogant that's all haha
    I hope I'll be fine, but considering I'll cram like mad I should be
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Haha You've done soooo much well done Good luck for your exam tomorrow wish you all the best
    Thank you, I haven't done nearly as much as some people but tbh I think I've done enough for me and that's all that matters I guess
    Thanks and good luck for Tuesday although I'm sure you'll smash them!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I haven't done nearly as much as some people but tbh I think I've done enough for me and that's all that matters I guess
    Thanks and good luck for Tuesday although I'm sure you'll smash them!
    Aw thank you Your so sweet
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    16/05/2016 - Afternoon update
    1 DOWN, 22 TO GO...
    So today I had my first exam and it was RE Unit 1. I was quite confident about it anyway but I think it was quite an easy paper and I'm just hoping that I managed to hit the A* as the grade boundaries are ridiculous!

Tomorrow I've got Biology B1 B2 B3 which I need to revise for - I'm not sure about this one. I mean it's science so there's always that element of fear about it but it'll probably be one of the easier ones (supposedly). Hopefully OCR will be kind? Very unlikely.

Current totals:
    : 1
    : 0
    :mad:: 0

It's looking good!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    17/05/2016 - Evening update
    2 DOWN, 21 TO GO...
    So today was Biology B1 B2 B3...I kind of have mixed feelings about how it went but I'd say I'm happy as a whole some strangely worded questions in there as well as some tricky 6 markers (so typical OCR), although there was a lovely question on ADH and a brilliant 6 marker on extinction which I was happy with. I hope I managed to do it well enough to get an A* as the B4 B5 B6 exam is going to be a tough one for sure...

RE again tomorrow! But it's unit 8 this time which is slightly harder and we barely managed to learn the content in time but I'll try and cram so I should do well

I also realised that I have a significantly larger number of exams than most people at my school which saddens me a bit but I'll get over it

Current totals:

Still looking good but hoping to have a few more s to be honest
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    18/05/2016 - Night update
    3 DOWN, 20 TO GO...
    Today's been a stressful day! 😰
    My RE exam was in the afternoon so I just spent all morning cramming for it, which I guess kind of worked. The exam went reasonably well and hopefully I'm still in with a chance of getting an A* overall but who knows, just hope the grade boundaries are decent.

Since I've been home I've been cramming for Chemistry C123 which I am absolutely dreading. I hate Chemistry and I really don't understand C2 that well which makes it even harder
    To top it all off the exam is in the morning which means unless I get up ridiculously early I won't have a lot of time to revise in the morning at all. I barely started C3 either, although luckily for me that's the easiest one in the paper. I hope that when I go into the exam hall my memory from Year 10 returns and I can answer all the C3 questions with no problems as that was back when I enjoyed Chemistry and was actually considering doing it for A Level (oh how times have changed)

It's pretty late so I'm going to go to sleep and pray that everything goes well in the exam and that OCR are feeling kind...

Current totals:
    : 2
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    19/05/2016 - Night update
    4 DOWN, 19 TO GO...
    Sorry I keep updating quite late but I'm constantly swamped with revision so I don't have a lot of time...

Today was the Chemistry C1 C2 C3 exam and it went way better than I could have ever hoped! The only thing that could have made it better would have been 5 extra minutes as I did run out of time, but it's was a very nice paper with some lovely 6 markers so I'm very happy

Tomorrow is the day of the dreaded PE exam...I haven't finished revising yet (got 18 of 31 topics done) but luckily it's an afternoon exam so I can spend a fair few hours in the morning on the other 13. Hoping AQA are nice, but from their current record this year it looks unlikely...
    As if I need something to bring my grade down in PE any further! But I won't write it off completely until the exam is actually over.

So yeah, good day today and let's see what tomorrow brings

Current totals:

So far a very successful week! Let's hope it continues into next week as well
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    20/05/2016 - Afternoon update
    5 DOWN, 18 TO GO...
    Week one is done - and I couldn't be happier with how it's gone

Today I sat my PE exam and I'm very happy with how it went - it was a hell of a lot easier than last year's paper! Hopefully I got an A* so that it'll pull up my physical grade!

Taking a well deserved day off from revising today as I simply can not be bothered - this week has shattered me but at least I know that my cramming efforts have worked

Current totals:
    : 3
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    23/05/2016 - Afternoon update
    6 DOWN, 17 TO GO...
    Today was the day of the exam that I was probably the most nervous about...oh no wait that ones on Friday! But I was very nervous nonetheless...

English Literature Unit 1 is done! I can't believe I never have to read Animal Farm ever again!
    But the exam went better than I thought an English exam could ever go - fantastic questions for both texts AND I didn't run out of time! (I actually had a whole 3 minutes to check at the end ). Very, very happy

Currently revising geography for tomorrow's exam - should be an easy one as the grade boundaries are usually dead low Although I'm struggling a little bit because I have a really bad headache but I know I can't stop and sleep I have to carry on but I'll get through it.

So far I'm so so proud of what I've managed to pull off, considering how little revision I actually did in the build up (it seemed a lot at the time) I'd say that my dedication has just been on point as I've just come home every day and revised! As hard and boring as its been I'd say that it's pretty good .
    Hopefully the rest of the week will go just as well, although it should considering I have both physics and maths this week! I'm genuinely in the best mood ever it's great!

Current totals:
    : 4

Look how amazing this is!

ReputationRep:
    23/05/2016 - Afternoon update
    6 DOWN, 17 TO GO...
    Today was the day of the exam that I was probably the most nervous about...oh no wait that ones on Friday! But I was very nervous nonetheless...

English Literature Unit 1 is done! I can't believe I never have to read Animal Farm ever again!
    But the exam went better than I thought an English exam could ever go - fantastic questions for both texts AND I didn't run out of time! (I actually had a whole 3 minutes to check at the end ). Very, very happy

Currently revising geography for tomorrow's exam - should be an easy one as the grade boundaries are usually dead low Although I'm struggling a little bit because I have a really bad headache but I know I can't stop and sleep I have to carry on but I'll get through it.

So far I'm so so proud of what I've managed to pull off, considering how little revision I actually did in the build up (it seemed a lot at the time) I'd say that my dedication has just been on point as I've just come home every day and revised! As hard and boring as its been I'd say that it's pretty good .
    Hopefully the rest of the week will go just as well, although it should considering I have both physics and maths this week! I'm genuinely in the best mood ever it's great!

Current totals:
    : 4

Look how amazing this is!
    You're so dedicated and your results are gonna be amazing! What exam board do you do for Geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lilacpotato)
    You're so dedicated and your results are gonna be amazing! What exam board do you do for Geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww thank you! And I hope so
    And I do AQA A for geography

ReputationRep:
    Aww thank you! And I hope so
    And I do AQA A for geography
    Aww lucky! I do OCR
    Good luck with the rest of your exams!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.