Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got Abbeyhill as well and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is like. Since it is a newer accommodation, I haven't been able to find any reviews for it. I'm sure it'll be good regardless, I'm just curious :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Hi - re Abbeyhill. Its about 1.3 miles from George Square so a 20 to 30 minute walk depending on how fast you walk, also think a couple of buses run relatively near by if need be.

We looked round when we were considering options and liked the accommodation. Its new, run by the Student Housing Association and the staff were very friendly. Despite being privately run, the property also only accommodates students from Edinburgh Uni apart from a few studio flats. I would say it is in a quieter part of town compared to some properties which depending on your view is a good or a bad thing.

If you have any questions you could always e-mail the Student Housing Association - link attached. They call the property Brae House

http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...gh/brae-house/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeilTXJ)
    Hi - re Abbeyhill. Its about 1.3 miles from George Square so a 20 to 30 minute walk depending on how fast you walk, also think a couple of buses run relatively near by if need be.

We looked round when we were considering options and liked the accommodation. Its new, run by the Student Housing Association and the staff were very friendly. Despite being privately run, the property also only accommodates students from Edinburgh Uni apart from a few studio flats. I would say it is in a quieter part of town compared to some properties which depending on your view is a good or a bad thing.

If you have any questions you could always e-mail the Student Housing Association - link attached. They call the property Brae House

http://thestudenthousingcompany.com/...gh/brae-house/
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, all the halls groups are in this group
    facebook.com/groups/925767134160872/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the difference between Meadow Court and Sciennes?? One of my friends got an offer for Meadow Court and I was wondering (still to apply ) if you are able to use the facilities at Sciennes if you're at Meadow Court? I don't think there's a common room at Meadow Court so it'd be good if you could use the one at Sciennes. Only asking cause a few people have previously said that Meadow Court and Sciennes are pretty much the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!I got an offer for Deaconess and, since it is a newer accommodation (I guess at least), I haven't been able to find lots of reviews for it. Anyone going there/who knows something about it?

ReputationRep:
    i just received an offer for Kincaid Court! I will be an exchange student, and was wondering if Kincaid would be a good fit for that? I generally consider myself a social person but if anyone could speak on the dynamic of a 12 person flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lAma4)
    i just received an offer for Kincaid Court! I will be an exchange student, and was wondering if Kincaid would be a good fit for that? I generally consider myself a social person but if anyone could speak on the dynamic of a 12 person flat.
    Kincaid is super close to capus (like a five mi ute walk) so that's awesome for you. As for being in a 12 person flat, honestly it's likely you will split off into smaller groups, but that's fine! It's defintely always busy with 12!

ReputationRep:
    All sorted! Didnt get my first choice....was offered College Wynd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeGregg)
    All sorted! Didnt get my first choice....was offered College Wynd
    At least it's central! What was your first choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I just received my accomodation offer for Edinburgh - Ratcliffe Terrace. Can anybody tell me what it's like?

ReputationRep:
    got my offer for richmond place, churchill houses! well, not my first choice, but still good. at least it was one of my choices, that's something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keep.dreaming)
    Hi!I got an offer for Deaconess and, since it is a newer accommodation (I guess at least), I haven't been able to find lots of reviews for it. Anyone going there/who knows something about it?
    I am in Deaconess, too! It seems lovely!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    so im an international student who just got offered a flat at Portsburgh Court, anybody else got that?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I've already received an offer for accommodation and signed the contract just last week. I see a lot of people on this thread are interested in Sugarhouse, that was my first choice too, but I didn't get it. I got offered my third choice, which was Shrubhill, which still looks nice but was further down my list because of how far it is from George Square. If it is first come first served, this might mean Sugarhouse is already full, but it may be based on grades? I dropped a few points from my predicted score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stianss)
    Hey guys,
    so im an international student who just got offered a flat at Portsburgh Court, anybody else got that?
    I'm also international and I was offered Portsburgh as well! Where are you from out of curiosity? I'm from the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djangosp2)
    I'm also international and I was offered Portsburgh as well! Where are you from out of curiosity? I'm from the US.
    I'm from Norway Where in the US are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Rowe_)
    Hey guys! I've already received an offer for accommodation and signed the contract just last week. I see a lot of people on this thread are interested in Sugarhouse, that was my first choice too, but I didn't get it. I got offered my third choice, which was Shrubhill, which still looks nice but was further down my list because of how far it is from George Square. If it is first come first served, this might mean Sugarhouse is already full, but it may be based on grades? I dropped a few points from my predicted score.
    It is not first come first serve. Its random within your choices. Sugarhouse is incredibly popular though, and some people end up not getting it. But chances are that there will still be sugarhouse rooms given out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Everyone, if you have an offer for Nicolson Street or South College Street, there is a group, and through that group a group chat!
    Heres the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/nics...llegest201617/

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Robertsons Close, anyone else? Or does anyone have experience of living there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.