Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Business Studies (BUSS 1, 2, 3 and 4): watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    also got £2.72 for the selling price... ill just leave lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzwizz2016)
    sorry i am such a procrastinator and this is what i wrote for the buss 1 retake can someone just give me reassurance and tell me its ok
    a. defined adding value eg. adding the worth of elements of resources to increase the overall worth of a product then gave an example of customising the souveneers
    b. defined quanti - numerical something ect

I got 107500 for the first one
    £525 for the variable cost for second one
    £16 for the price if each item and sold 75 each day for the third one

benefits of temp
    - as a startup she is not completely aware of expected dmenad, thereofre with temp she can be flexible
    - disadv- low employee moral as they dont have a permanent contract ect

location b
    reasons for:
    less competitiors and closer to beahc which according to figure 1 has 80% tourism attraction ect
    - cheaper

reasons against
    - not on the main road, where most tourist would be , ect

last question
    i said franchise, because of the lack of expertise, which can be offerd by franchisor
    however drawback of franchise is that she cant personalise the product

i had a major incident during my exam meaning i wasnt able to finsish properly and ran out of loads of time, i am very worried i wont get the grade i need for university , i will get worked up with this exam and fail the rest , my exam technique went out the bloody window
    didnt you use any financial data for the last question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    didnt you use any financial data for the last question
    i used the break even output , and the market research but thats it , i really ran out of time

ReputationRep:
    i used the break even output , and the market research but thats it , i really ran out of time
    should be enough to get good application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vezuxiii)
    I got 105700 how did u get 1 million..?
    £129,000/12 = £10,750 = 1%

£10,750 x 100 = £1,075,000

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobertMcp)
    very bad have you any sample essays for the six bullet points?? my teachers so bad and i understand nothing even when i ask for help!!
    Still need e-commerce sample essays? Send me your email address if you do :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I got 107500 or what ever but I didn't write it on the top of the box where it's required so stupid of me do y think it's still valuable
    I'm examiner, yes it's fine ;-)

ReputationRep:
    For the income budget I put as one point that she didn't know the market etc and for the second point that her business would be a start up so won't make that much revenue when she starts.

Is that right or have I done it completely wrong? In terms of marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurapinkney01)
    Still need e-commerce sample essays? Send me your email address if you do :-)
    I need some! if that's okay with you

ReputationRep:
    Did not have time to include the financial data to the 15 markers.. So thats my application out of the window.. Other than that it was a decent paper.. But it had a lot of information to take in. How did yoy guys find it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 28/01/2016)
    I didnt get the market size because i didnt calculate it but i got all the other figures you got..... I found the paper quite hard though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    samee i couldnt get that one either, how did everyone even get that answer?

ReputationRep:
    was the last questio the option a and option b or was it option 1 and 2 because throughout my answer i wrote option a and b. Will i loose marks and how many

ReputationRep:
    sorry i am such a procrastinator and this is what i wrote for the buss 1 retake can someone just give me reassurance and tell me its ok
    a. defined adding value eg. adding the worth of elements of resources to increase the overall worth of a product then gave an example of customising the souveneers

benefits of temp
    - as a startup she is not completely aware of expected dmenad, thereofre with temp she can be flexible

location b
    reasons for:
    less competitiors and closer to beahc which according to figure 1 has 80% tourism attraction ect
    - cheaper

reasons against

last question
    i said franchise, because of the lack of expertise, which can be offerd by franchisor

i had a major incident during my exam meaning i wasnt able to finsish properly and ran out of loads of time, i am very worried i wont get the grade i need for university , i will get worked up with this exam and fail the rest , my exam technique went out the bloody window
    your answer are similar to mines but better lol.

also the last question did it say option 1 and 2 or option a or b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vandervormb)
    did anyone for the option question work out that if she chose option A and closed from november to february that she would cut costs and essentially have 10,000 more forecasted profit then option B however cause the data is badly researched that the pros for option 2 outweigh the pros for option 1?
    yes that exactly what i wrote .....the budgeted profit right for option b is 10000 more then option a

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=vandervormb;64958853]did anyone for the option question work out that if she chose option A and closed from november to february that she would cut costs and essentially have 10,000 more forecasted profit then option B however cause the data is badly researched that the pros for option 2 outweigh the pros for option 1?[/

well i said the opposite option b make 10000 more profit but this may not be correct becuase this data was provided by the franchisor which could be outdated and not applicable to her location

ReputationRep:
    Noooo think I calculated £525 variable costs for the second question but then scribbled it out and changed it to £72 or something. Also for the market share one I wrote in billion not million, anyone know how many marks I'll lose for that? Also I only wrote one for and against with a conclusion for the last 15 because of timings fml i actually want to cry 😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kezz_atthedisco)
    I got 56.4 for variable costs... just gonna assumed I've failed now then
    Well it's only a few marks. I wouldn't stress. This is how I failed last year's paper, I got stuck on maths and it ruined my exam technique and I has a panic attack.

2 MARKS HERE MAYBE

EVERYTHING CORRECT APART FROM MARKET SHARE. NEARLY FULL MARKS HERE.

benefits of temp
    I'D SAY THAT IS NEAR FULL MARKS, JUST WHAT I PUT.

location b
    reasons for:
    - cheaper

DECENT

reasons against
    DECENT

last question

DECENT

Did you attempt the option 1 and 2 question? I have a feeling of you might manage a C here, but you've still got 2 3 4 to add up your scores from

I got 105700 how did u get 1 million..?
    (129000/12)*100 is the method to obtain reverse percentages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narutoss)
    was the last questio the option a and option b or was it option 1 and 2 because throughout my answer i wrote option a and b. Will i loose marks and how many
    they might give you benefit of the doubt, it was 1 and 2 and so long as you didn't talk about locations again it'd be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samm98)
    Noooo think I calculated £525 variable costs for the second question but then scribbled it out and changed it to £72 or something. Also for the market share one I wrote in billion not million, anyone know how many marks I'll lose for that? Also I only wrote one for and against with a conclusion for the last 15 because of timings fml i actually want to cry 😭😭😭
    Only a few man. Like 2 to 3 marks if you have working out correct. As for the last 15 marker, you'd probably be looking at 7 marks of so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paddythed)
    Only a few man. Like 2 to 3 marks if you have working out correct. As for the last 15 marker, you'd probably be looking at 7 marks of so
    Ok thanks. I think I hopefully maxed out marks on definitions, the 10 marker, and probably a strong first 15 marker, with probably something like half the maths marks available with a 7 on the last 15 :/. I know it's hard to say but do you know what kind of grade I'd be looking at? Is an A still possible since it's around 41?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.