Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How would you anwser this question based on topic two from 2015:

"Discuss, using examples of ICT systems, how the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes can be improved by ICT" (20 marks)

ReputationRep:
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/47544414/...Revision-Notes
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Got decision support wrong lmao I just repeated management systems - the rest was good though. Pretty sure I've attained at least an A.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think that it was too bad! Loved the stock control JIT questions. The only thing I didn't like was SaaS and PaaS because despite learning about them after being given the pre-release, I completely forgot what they were other than being to do with cloud computing which it told us anyway. So I just kind of winged them questions so hopefully I got some marks. The 20 marker wasn't too bad but I don't think I got about about 14 because j kept repeating myself.

ReputationRep:
    Loved the 20 marker, best one yet! What did people get for the letters in the boxes to do with regulations/acts? I got C A D in that order.

ReputationRep:
    I also put C A D, wasn't sure though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tariq_)
    Same here, im sure it was because the misuse act doesn't cover what it said

ReputationRep:
    For data protection question did you put the 8 principles?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harshbrule)
    For data protection question did you put the 8 principles?
    No just the ones that I could relate to procedures. So for example the principle that says data must be kept secure from unauthorised access I said they should implement a security policy with a disciplinary procedure

ReputationRep:
    No just the ones that I could relate to procedures. So for example the principle that says data must be kept secure from unauthorised access I said they should implement a security policy with a disciplinary procedure
    What about the drawbacks of testinf question?

ReputationRep:
    Good to know that other people got CAD - It seemed the most logical option because I just saw something like communications interception and realised that it would be the employers reading employees e-mail (nearly put misuse act until I re-read it)

For data protection act I put that it needs to be accurate so the system can ask for updates of records that are a year old so the company can ask the customer for updated information - that it needs to be lawfully processed so I said the customers should have to sign a form agreeing to have their data stored and processed for a period of time - and then I put about the information not going outside of the EU, so I said about training staff about the DPA's 8 principles and them signing an agreement to confirm they understand.

I'm so glad I learnt the CFADCTIR cycle before the exam for the 20 markers (although I'm pretty sure you weren't supposed to cover all of the stages because it was only construction or something? (Just thinking from Question 1 on the Jan 2013 paper) But I wrote about them all anyway - doubt they will deduct marks for doing extra?

For the 3 types of system explaining them I linked them all together and referenced to the levels of task they'd operate on, is that correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harshbrule)
    What about the drawbacks of testinf question?
    That question was the only one I didn't really get - I just put about cost (budget), time, whenever there is a change to the system the whole system has to be tested again to make sure the change was successful - then I put about a test harness and why it would help with that but that it is expensive to tailor a test harness to a particular system (not sure if that's right because they only wanted issues and that's kind of a solution with an implication) and then I just mentioned there's lots of different tests to do (named them all) and related back to time. I did this question last and was pretty much scribbling so no idea I always think it's alright and then get a C :laugh::laugh:

ReputationRep:
    What did people get on the just in time question?

ReputationRep:
    What did people put for the disadvantages of testing large scale ICT systems question ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agdzzz)
    What did people put for the disadvantages of testing large scale ICT systems question ??
    - Time constraints
    - Lots of users involved
    - Documentation being kept up to date during testing
    - Lots of components involved to test
    - Ability to scale up during testing
    - Multi-Platform testing (lots of platforms to potentially test on)
    - Expensive to undertake

ReputationRep:
    I put CAD first then put CDA then I kept coming back to that stupid 3 mark question and I put CAD again!!! Finished an hour early which shows that I did crap!! Some of those questions were tough for me but I'm proud of what I did to even finish the paper after self teaching myself everything in 4 days and not even knowing what a pre release was I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    i Stuggled with the just in time question as read it wrong and listen benefits and drawback of the method, rather than suggested methods. What do we think about grade boundries?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by georgie2498)
    i Stuggled with the just in time question as read it wrong and listen benefits and drawback of the method, rather than suggested methods. What do we think about grade boundries?
    Huh? Like how BBP could make use of the 'Just in Time' policy?

(Original post by Tom1770)
    - Time constraints
    - Lots of users involved
    - Documentation being kept up to date during testing
    - Lots of components involved to test
    - Ability to scale up during testing
    - Multi-Platform testing (lots of platforms to potentially test on)
    - Expensive to undertake
    Slaying :yep: I mostly spoke about not being able to test every single unit, user perhaps doing an unusual combination of events that initiates problems, multi platform testing and issues with standards if they ever get outdated (not sure if last one was a point but ah well lmao)

ReputationRep:
    Did you write about each stage of the sdlc for the 20 marker?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willfmair)
    Loved the 20 marker, best one yet! What did people get for the letters in the boxes to do with regulations/acts? I got C A D in that order.
    Do you do each stage of the sdlc for the 20 mark question?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.