Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    they sure are not indian. they r ugly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    Baluch are darker because lots of them are mixed with Black Africans who were brought there as slaves. They're even darker than other Pakistanis for that reason.
    talking about Black Pakistanis

awesome seeing a Black person in Sarawar Kameez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raju.motors)
    they sure are not indian. they r ugly
    Yes, Indians are ugly. Pakistanis therefore can't be related to them that much

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Indians are ugly. Pakistanis therefore can't be related to them that much
    i mean pakistani r ugly

ReputationRep:
    i mean pakistani r ugly

ReputationRep:
    i mean pakistani r ugly

ReputationRep:
    excuse me? y did u do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ribbit1234)
    As an Indian and a Muslim, I couldn't give two shitz what they want to identify as.
    Why do Indian Muslims love claiming their origins come from Pakistan, Iran, Arab countries, central Asia etc? You're all a bunch of head-wobbling Dosa eating Kumars to the rest of us. Embrace your Indianness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aztec123)
    Why do Indian Muslims love claiming their origins come from Pakistan, Iran, Arab countries, central Asia etc? You're all a bunch of head-wobbling Dosa eating Kumars to the rest of us. Embrace your Indianness.
    umm I've never claimed to have origins from either of those places u mentioned, Pakistan wasn't even a country 100 years ago, so why would any Indian claim to have roots from there? And last time I checked, it was mostly pakistanis sucking up to Arab people, (op being a good example). And I fully embrace my indianness, I can't ever remember not embracing it since it's who I am. I don't feel the need to suck up to other groups, cuz being Indian, we have an amazing culture that's famous, unique and well known worldwide.

ReputationRep:
    umm I've never claimed to have origins from either of those places u mentioned, Pakistan wasn't even a country 100 years ago, so why would any Indian claim to have roots from there? And last time I checked, it was mostly pakistanis sucking up to Arab people, (op being a good example). And I fully embrace my indianness, I can't ever remember not embracing it since it's who I am. I don't feel the need to suck up to other groups, cuz being Indian, we have an amazing culture that's famous, unique and well known worldwide.
    Except the op is Indian /facepalm
    And tbh Indian Muslims suck up to Arabs just as much a Pakistanis do, if not more. Indian Muslim men are also much more likely to wear Arab style dress (like the Jubba) and the women are more likely to wear the Niqab or Arab style Hijabs (this is from what I've noticed in the UK and applies to Gujaratis mostly). While Pakistani weddings in the Uk will often be mixed and have music etc, Indian Muslims will be much more likely to consider this haram and have their weddings more like if they were in Saudi Arabia. Big generalisations and obviously doesn't apply to all but it's the general trend I've noticed.

ReputationRep:
    The op is Pakistani, he said somewhere. Indian Muslims have nothing in common with Arabs whatsoever besides sharing the same religion. Even then, most Indian Muslims are deobandi, whereas Arabs are wahabis or salafi, or whatever the they are. I'm Gujarati, and got family members who do that, but we don't do it to copy Arabs, we do it cuz it's Islamic, u fool. Whats ur point?Indian Muslims are more Islamic than Pakistanis and respect religious practices more? Yeh, I don't disagree with u there. Acting upon the sunnats and ways of the prophet is not copying Arabs, it's being a Muslim. You'll see black Sudanese Muslims and white Chechnyan Muslims doing the same.
    Except the op is Indian /facepalm
    And tbh Indian Muslims suck up to Arabs just as much a Pakistanis do, if not more. Indian Muslim men are also much more likely to wear Arab style dress (like the Jubba) and the women are more likely to wear the Niqab or Arab style Hijabs (this is from what I've noticed in the UK and applies to Gujaratis mostly). While Pakistani weddings in the Uk will often be mixed and have music etc, Indian Muslims will be much more likely to consider this haram and have their weddings more like if they were in Saudi Arabia. Big generalisations and obviously doesn't apply to all but it's the general trend I've noticed.

ReputationRep:
    The op is Pakistani, he said somewhere. Indian Muslims have nothing in common with Arabs whatsoever besides sharing the same religion. Even then, most Indian Muslims are deobandi, whereas Arabs are wahabis or salafi, or whatever the they are. I'm Gujarati, and got family members who do that, but we don't do it to copy Arabs, we do it cuz it's Islamic, u fool. Whats ur point?Indian Muslims are more Islamic than Pakistanis and respect religious practices more? Yeh, I don't disagree with u there. Acting upon the sunnats and ways of the prophet is not copying Arabs, it's being a Muslim. You'll see black Sudanese Muslims and white Chechnyan Muslims doing the same.
    Nope, op is clearly Indian. Carefully read his posts on this thread and look at his other threads where he's said stupid stuff about Pakistanis and Muslims. He's a South Indian who hates Pakistanis and also North Indians.

I don't see how wearing Arab dress makes you more Islamic lol, just makes you look like wannabe Arabs.

Yes, you could say Indian Muslims in the Uk follow Islam more strictly than the Pakistanis here because most Pakistanis here come from rural backgrounds and most here follow barelwism which is less orthodox and more Sufi orientated than Deobandism which is what most Indian Muslims here follow. But if you compare the two countries as a whole it s a lot more complicated. You have lots of different sects and schools of thought in both.

And like that guy said lots of Indian Muslims do claim their origins come from everywhere except India, including Pakistan (lots of them claim they're descended from Pathans)

ReputationRep:
    Nope, op is clearly Indian. Carefully read his posts on this thread and look at his other threads where he's said stupid stuff about Pakistanis and Muslims. He's a South Indian who hates Pakistanis and also North Indians.

I don't see how wearing Arab dress makes you more Islamic lol, just makes you look like wannabe Arabs.

Yes, you could say Indian Muslims in the Uk follow Islam more strictly than the Pakistanis here because most Pakistanis here come from rural backgrounds and most here follow barelwism which is less orthodox and more Sufi orientated than Deobandism which is what most Indian Muslims here follow. But if you compare the two countries as a whole it s a lot more complicated. You have lots of different sects and schools of thought in both.

And like that guy said lots of Indian Muslims do claim their origins come from everywhere except India, including Pakistan (lots of them claim they're descended from Pathans)
    No guy said that, stop chatting sht.Being an Indian Muslim myself I should know,,, we don't claim to be anything but Indian. India isn't a new country like Pakistan that were confused about our roots and try to find out where our ancestors came from. We already know, We only rep the state of India that were from. Not Iran or pak or whatver, I'd hate to be associated with any of them countries since I got nothing to do with them.

Our cultures totally diff to Arabs,including traditions like weddings. You're confusing religion with culture. I don't see Indian Muslim men wearing white thobes with the red halo thing on their heads. I don't see Indian Muslim women wearing Arabian jalabiyyas and abayas. Covering up with a Jubba is not arab, it's in the Hadith and Quran

ReputationRep:
    No guy said that, stop chatting sht.Being an Indian Muslim myself I should know,,, we don't claim to be anything but Indian. India isn't a new country like Pakistan that were confused about our roots and try to find out where our ancestors came from. We already know, We only rep the state of India that were from. Not Iran or pak or whatver, I'd hate to be associated with any of them countries since I got nothing to do with them.

Our cultures totally diff to Arabs,including traditions like weddings. You're confusing religion with culture. I don't see Indian Muslim men wearing white thobes with the red halo thing on their heads. I don't see Indian Muslim women wearing Arabian jalabiyyas and abayas. Covering up with a Jubba is not arab, it's in the Hadith and Quran
    India is a new country, being born in 1947. Most Indian Muslims didn't immigrate to Pakistan because they were too poor to, not because they knew where their roots were from. That's why you lot are the poorest group in India.
    They don't wear the halo but they do wear Arab type dress lol.

ReputationRep:
    India is a new country, being born in 1947. Most Indian Muslims didn't immigrate to Pakistan because they were too poor to, not because they knew where their roots were from. That's why you lot are the poorest group in India.
    They don't wear the halo but they do wear Arab type dress lol.
    No, India got its dependence then. It wasn't a completely new country/ territory like Pakistan. Not true, the reason why Indian Muslims didn't migrate is cuz they didn't feel the need to. Indias really big and where we were from Hindus and Muslims got along, modern day Pakistanis obvs couldn't do this-not much has changed there. And we already had settled business and homes. btw Indian Muslims still outperform Pakistanis academically and in how much they earn

ReputationRep:
    No, India got its dependence then. It wasn't a completely new country/ territory like Pakistan. Not true, the reason why Indian Muslims didn't migrate is cuz they didn't feel the need to. Indias really big and where we were from Hindus and Muslims got along, modern day Pakistanis obvs couldn't do this-not much has changed there. And we already had settled business and homes. btw Indian Muslims still outperform Pakistanis academically and in how much they earn
    *Independence

We were dependent for far too long :lol:

India didn't become the nation-state it is today until much later than 1947 (e.g.: Goa didn't join India until 1961).
    In fact the picture is a little more complex - in 1947, there were still 500+ princely states that had the option to join the Union of India or become independent (which would mean that huge areas of modern day India could have been separate countries).

One of the biggest myths propagated though, is that the British left India as the united country it is today - it was a completely fragmented territory.

Had it not been for Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (the first home minister and deputy PM), India would not exist as it does today since he was given the task of persuading and integrating the princely states with the former British provinces into a united India.

(OK mini history lesson over :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
    It's a new country like Pakistan. Before the British came there wasn't a country called India, and most people living in modern day India didn't identify themselves as Indian. Most of the ones didn't migrate because they were too poor. Theres never any riots between Muslims and Hindus in Pakistan, whereas there's no shortage of them in India so clearly they don't all get along (don't see how this is relevant anyway?) and btw only about 20% of Pakistanis immigrated from India (you seem to think all did?)
    And we already had settled business and homes.
    What? Are you talking about in India?
    btw Indian Muslims still outperform Pakistanis academically and in how much they earn
    if you're talking about in South Asia, I'd doubt that since you lot are the most backwards group in India. But it could be true, I'd need to see stats. If you mean the Uk, yes I wouldn't doubt that.

And btw the op is Indian, you have to be stupid to think he's Pakistani (forgot to say this in the last post)

ReputationRep:
    It's a new country like Pakistan. Before the British came there wasn't a country called India, and most people living in modern day India didn't identify themselves as Indian. Most of the ones didn't migrate because they were too poor. Theres never any riots between Muslims and Hindus in Pakistan, whereas there's no shortage of them in India so clearly they don't all get along (don't see how this is relevant anyway?) and btw only about 20% of Pakistanis immigrated from India (you seem to think all did?)

if you're talking about in South Asia, I'd doubt that since you lot are the most backwards group in India. But it could be true, I'd need to see stats. If you mean the Uk, yes I wouldn't doubt that.

And btw the op is Indian, you have to be stupid to think he's Pakistani (forgot to say this in the last post)
    Your right they isn't any riots between Hindu's and Muslims in Pakistan, thats because they is barely any Hindu's they is over 170 Million Muslims in India, whereas in Pakistan Hindu's have decreased to just over 2 million. They are no riots but they is no doubt that persecution has happened for Hindus in Pakistan which is why they have decreased so much yet Pakistans population increased.

ReputationRep:
    No we had our homes and lives in India, there was no need to migrate.
    Most backwards group?? Lollll,it's not Indian Muslims that are becoming terrorists and extremists and hiding bin laden and funding/hiding terrorist groups. Nor do we do the whole marrying cousins back home from the village bs. Just saying

I'm talking about in the UK, but yh probably in India too, since Indian currency is stronger and Indias economy is far richer than Pakistans, so Indian Muslims are naturally in a better position and are Much better off. Pretty sure he's Pakistani, since no Indian would really care about what group u guys fit into

ReputationRep:
    Independence ** lol, thanks for that.
    (Original post by nucdev)
    *Independence

We were dependent for far too long :lol:

India didn't become the nation-state it is today until much later than 1947 (e.g.: Goa didn't join India until 1961).
    In fact the picture is a little more complex - in 1947, there were still 500+ princely states that had the option to join the Union of India or become independent (which would mean that huge areas of modern day India could have been separate countries).

One of the biggest myths propagated though, is that the British left India as the united country it is today - it was a completely fragmented territory.

Had it not been for Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (the first home minister and deputy PM), India would not exist as it does today since he was given the task of persuading and integrating the princely states with the former British provinces into a united India.

(OK mini history lesson over :rofl:)

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.