Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    Thanks! My answers are the same except I got a different alpha value, think I just mistyped it into my calculator when typing in all my answers, do you happen to remember the questions? Something -e^x =0?
    (2x-1)^2-e^x=0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid1234)
    did something similar to this, but didnt use a/b just said is rational. did I(1) as it was easier
    I did that at the start and it worked, but then saw that n>1 so did 2 instead

ReputationRep:
    1.23 is right, c was 0.15 +2x but you can solve for x and x=0.1, so C was 0.35
    Ah cool, I'm pretty confident with the rest of the paper so hopefully not too many dropped there

ReputationRep:
    (2x-1)^2-e^x=0
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    It asked for n>1. You may have lost a mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Raskolnikov)
    It asked for n>1. You may have lost a mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1: +-ln(1.5+0.5sqrt(5))
    2. ln2 - pi/4
    3. sketch - one of those ones with a circle ish shape intersecting x axis at 90, then nothing between 2 and 5, then another bit. (0,root2) (0, -root2) A, B, C were coordinates.
    4. Beta = 3.733, Alpha = 1.6291
    5. Maclaurin : 2x - (8/3)x^3
    Pi approx 2/3 which rounds to 3
    6. Theta = pi/10
    (0.951,0.309)
    area pi/20
    7. ln(infinity) for first part, 2 is upper limit of second part
    8. bunch of show thats, messed up reduction.
    I agree with all of them.

ReputationRep:
    Think the main thing you had to show was the square root of 2 became normal 2 as k=multiples of 2. Since k is rational the whole thing must be rational. True for n=2. True for 2k, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think the main thing you had to show was the square root of 2 became normal 2 as k=multiples of 2. Since k is rational the whole thing must be rational. True for n=2. True for 2k, etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah i got to (root2)^2k and said that is always rational

ReputationRep:
    did something similar to this, but didnt use a/b just said is rational. did I(1) as it was easier
    I believe, n>1 was stated in the question. I think that we had to prove for even n, though not sure about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangotangopapa2)
    I believe, n>1 was stated in the question. I think that we had to prove for even n, though not sure about it.
    oh s h i t !

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as if it's odd you'll have root 2 in the expression and the integral is no longer rational. You didn't have to say it was even, but that's why the condition was given

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only thing you had to show was there are no square roots and you get an expression for the integral. As k is an integer and becomes the only variable down to n=2, the integral must be rational

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember exact question?

ReputationRep:
    Is the integral from 0 or 1 to infinity. I spent ages trying to figure it out. Can't see how it's from 1 because the rectangle become above the curve

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Is the integral from 0 or 1 to infinity. I spent ages trying to figure it out. Can't see how it's from 1 because the rectangle become above the curve

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have to integrate from one to infinity and add the rectangle at one because you can't integrate from 0 as you would get 1/0

ReputationRep:
    My answer became ln(infinity)<sum<ln(infinity)+1/0
    I assumed 1/0 is equal to infinity so my answer became
    Infinty<sum<infinity+infinity

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ffs, i self-taught this module with no help during my gap year and wanted to do well , think i've just scraped an A -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobybes)
    I agree with all of them.
    For 1 I had ln(1.5 +/- 0.5rt(5)) is that equivalent?

ReputationRep:
    Come in guys its great if it went well for you personally but please stop scaring peopl

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.