Atheist, or some Christian lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Atheist, or some Christian lol.
    oooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    I doubt they proclaim to be scholars.
    But to answer your question, you consider to be a (late? ) ex-Muslim?
    Well, "scholars" isn't a right word - as I'm yet to find a suitable definition for it.
    Maybe "experts" then

What one considers is a bit different to what one is, wouldn't you say? Ahmadis considers themselves to Muslims :beard:

(Original post by Alexion)
    Any religious atheists out there?
    What do you mean by this?

ReputationRep:
    I don't pray, and I recently stopped keeping halal, though I don't eat pork. I wouldn't say I've left anything, it's just my faith has just slowly, and I guess naturally, eroded away. I am probably going to fast during Ramadan, I always do.

I have been curious about Sufi Islam. Does anyone know much about it? It seems quite zen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    It's the same contradiction as the thread title, just reversed...

It's the same contradiction as the thread title, just reversed...
    Hmm, not sure I agree. There are degrees of religiosity (since it's not a simple believe/don't believe binary and has all sorts of rules and rituals), but there aren't degrees of atheism in the contradictory way that you framed it, I don't think.

(This is not to say that I don't recognise the strong/weak atheism distinction. )

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, not sure I agree. There are degrees of religiosity (since it's not a simple believe/don't believe binary and has all sorts of rules and rituals), but there aren't degrees of atheism in the contradictory way that you framed it, I don't think.

(This is not to say that I don't recognise the strong/weak atheism distinction. )
    I just don't think that it makes sense having a non-religious follower of a religion.

Like it doesn't make sense having a religious atheist.

Wouldn't 'non-religious' only really apply to atheists and agnostics? :dontknow:

I just don't think that it makes sense having a non-religious follower of a religion.

Like it doesn't make sense having a religious atheist.
    Ah, yes. You're right. It's a semantical difference, but I see where you're coming from. 'Non-practising' would probably have been a better way of putting it.

Wouldn't 'non-religious' only really apply to atheists and agnostics? :dontknow:
    It would, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yes. You're right. It's a semantical difference, but I see where you're coming from. 'Non-practising' would probably have been a better way of putting it.

It would, yes.
    If I'm honest, I did have a read of the thread and knew what the OP meant anyway

Just felt like being difficult tbh :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Bismil-Hitchens ar-rahmanir raheem.

Well brother, you need to proclaim the Shahadah and recite the Kalimas.

La illaha ill-Hitchens, Richard Dawkins Rasoolu-Hitchens

Ash hadu an la ilaaha ill-Hitchens. wah dahu la shareeka lahu wa ash hadu anna Dawkins ab duhu wa rasoluhu.

errr... that'll do.

Only then you can become a True Religious Atheist™

If there's ever a hell, I'm definitely going straight to the bottom of it...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry if I offended anyone

(Original post by chemting)
    Bismil-Hitchens ar-rahmanir raheem.

Well brother, you need to proclaim the Shahadah and recite the Kalimas.

La illaha ill-Hitchens, Richard Dawkins Rasoolu-Hitchens

Ash hadu an la ilaaha ill-Hitchens. wah dahu la shareeka lahu wa ash hadu anna Dawkins ab duhu wa rasoluhu.

errr... that'll do.

Only then you can become a True Religious Atheist™

If there's ever a hell, I'm definitely going straight to the bottom of it...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry if I offended anyone
    This is :toofunny:. xD You certainly know a lot about Islam, if I do say so myself. :holmes: You even substituted 'Hitchens' for Allah in the correct places. :lol:

My only objection is: why apologise to those who take offence? It's their duty to grow thicker skins or look away, not yours to moderate your satire. :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    This is :toofunny:. xD You certainly know a lot about Islam, if I do say so myself. :holmes: You even substituted 'Hitchens' for Allah in the correct places. :lol:

My only objection is: why apologise to those who take offence? It's their duty to grow thicker skins or look away, not yours to moderate your satire. :fuhrer:
    Lol the thing is, the offence intensifies to a whole new level if one satirises quranic verses - just look at Salman Rushdie...

(and there are scholarly opinions and hadiths that suggests that I would be punishable by death for this. I hope he is as merciful as the 9 trillion times its been said in the quran)

Lol the thing is, the offence intensifies to a whole new level if one satirises quranic verses - just look at Salman Rushdie...

(and there are scholarly opinions and hadiths that suggests that I would be punishable by death for this. I hope he is as merciful as the 9 trillion times its been said in the quran)
    One hopes. :innocent: In any case, Rushdie was publishing under his own name; I doubt you're called chemting (though if you are, you're done for because nobody else is xD).

ReputationRep:
    at times i feel like im moving away from islam..

ReputationRep:
    Ramadhan in 2 months!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well, "scholars" isn't a right word - as I'm yet to find a suitable definition for it.
    Maybe "experts" then

What one considers is a bit different to what one is, wouldn't you say? Ahmadis considers themselves to Muslims :beard:
    I get what you mean. A lot of "Shiekh Googles" on the net. Lol you're a bit evasive on the question. I'm taking it as a yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    at times i feel like im moving away from islam..
    If you want anyone to talk to about it, feel free to PM x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    If you want anyone to talk to about it, feel free to PM x

thanks man x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    thanks man x
    No worries

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.