Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    who did the question on nixon and johnson?? what points did everyone write?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisproctor98)
    Did anyone attempt the black protests civil rights question and the Reagan economic question?
    yes i did, it was good

ReputationRep:
    Because the Russia in Revolution weren't all that difficult (and I've heard the same about a few others) and it was a retakes only group do we think the grade boundaries might actually be higher i.e. 47-49 for an A?

Did anyone do the 'threat to Mao's leadership' question for Mao's China? I had much less material for one side so had an imbalanced argument - did you try for a balanced argument?

ReputationRep:
    Also legibility of handwriting is worrying me...it wasn't especially bad but it was quite small.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susan______1)
    Because the Russia in Revolution weren't all that difficult (and I've heard the same about a few others) and it was a retakes only group do we think the grade boundaries might actually be higher i.e. 47-49 for an A?

Did anyone do the 'threat to Mao's leadership' question for Mao's China? I had much less material for one side so had an imbalanced argument - did you try for a balanced argument?
    Oh god I did this question and completely flopped it, what did you write?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like I'm the only idiot who attempted the Korea question. The familiarity of the Vietnam question to last year's exam gave me the Fear™
    Also did African American protests

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arualae)
    Sounds like I'm the only idiot who attempted the Korea question. The familiarity of the Vietnam question to last year's exam gave me the Fear™
    Also did African American protests
    I would of never chosen Vietnam last year but my teacher said to focus more on Vietnam. There is more to talk about for Vietnam than Korea, Korea is boring hahaa. If you are the only one doing Korea that's good, makes ya stand out so a smart choice :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Het98)
    YOU KNOW THE AGRICULTURE ONE? DID YOU WRITE ABOUT COLLECTIVISATION??? Im stressing so much!!
    That was their only agricultural policy so...yes

ReputationRep:
    Who else thinks that Vietnam question was atrocious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mini Mina)
    That was their only agricultural policy so...yes
    thank goodness for that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SlimShady96)
    Who else thinks that Vietnam question was atrocious?
    Unpopular opinion but...I liked it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susan______1)
    Also legibility of handwriting is worrying me...it wasn't especially bad but it was quite small.
    its okay, mine was massive!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabruttledge)
    Oh god I did this question and completely flopped it, what did you write?
    Did seriously threaten:
    Famine due to GLF threatening Mao's reputation
    Popularity of Xiaoping + Shaoqi within CCP
    Youth disillusioned by '...to the countryside campaign'
    Deng Xiaoping returning to power

Did not threaten:
    Cultural rev strengthening Mao's power
    Political purges =victory in power struggle
    Power over youth
    Control in areas such as Tibet + Xinjiang

BUT it is no use having good content if your structure is flawed. Had basically no time left so put all my points for 'did threaten' in one chaotic paragraph without much expansion, and concentrated on the other side more, producing a very unbalanced argument so have also basically messed it up.

Any other things you included? What was your structure, timing etc like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Het98)
    Unpopular opinion but...I liked it :/
    It's like it was a a mix between Nixon and why they couldn't win, but worded as if they did win but not completely, wtf lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Het98)
    YOU KNOW THE AGRICULTURE ONE? DID YOU WRITE ABOUT COLLECTIVISATION??? Im stressing so much!!
    Did you explain the positive and negative impacts that collectivization had on the USSR and for Stalin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Het98)
    its okay, mine was massive!!
    Massive is a lot easier to read though - will just have to hope that my examiner is good at making out script like mine I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Domers_)
    Did you explain the positive and negative impacts that collectivization had on the USSR and for Stalin?
    No i did the economic successes and failures

How it helped to establish Stalin's position so political success

Finally social failures - famine + dekulakisation

ReputationRep:
    For Johnson and Nixon I said:
    1) both of them were unable to win because of the strength of NVA/Vietcong
    2) both of them were able to win because of their failed tactics
    3) Johnson was unable to win partly because of opposition from the public however it came at the end of his presidency and so opposition is more of a factor for Nixon who experienced public opposition throughout his first term

?mate

ReputationRep:
    I did the Civil Rights and Vietnam questions. For the civil rights; I answered the question about the war. A basic outline of my answer was that I argued that the war HAD led to changes; eg through increasing political power and economic power etc but failed to end segregation etc.... I approached this a successes and failures question but my classmates and teacher answered it as a factor question?? what did you guys do?? I'm freaking out!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mini Mina)
    No i did the economic successes and failures

How it helped to establish Stalin's position so political success

Finally social failures - famine + dekulakisation
    Yeah, that's what I got. It's kind of hard to write about the positives of a policy which killed millions of people though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.