Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What makes absolutely 0% sense to you? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    People who're in CEO jobs or just any high flying job that pays **** loads of money... I don't get it... If it was as stressful as their salary suggests they'd be dead from the stress...
    The high salaries don't purely represent stress though, they represent the fact that not just anyone can do the job.

If that person decided to quit and find another job (potentially paying a better salary), the company would either lose so much money or have such a difficult task in finding a replacement of the same calibre that it's worth paying them a high salary just to keep them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kamran Fazal)
    " All Muslims are terrorists" Like Really? You wouldn't be even alive rn. There are 1.6-1.8 billion muslims in the world.
    You know what's funny? ive never seen a single person in my life say that on the internet, let alone hear it be said in real life. I reckon this is just an extreme exaggeration perpetuated by people who want to believe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Wow... Never thought you're the type to take the piss like this.

Of course I don't believe you! How the absolute **** is the tooth fairy meant to fit a bicycle under your pillow?
    Sorry, it wasn't intended as rude or anything like that. I was just giving an example as a comparison. For us atheists the idea of there being a god is as unrealistic as that story I wrote. I was trying to answer your question with something we can both relate to.

I wasn't really thinking about the logistics of the bicycle though, like how is the tooth fairy meant to keep you asleep while cramming the bike into your bed? I suppose magic pixie sleeping powder would work, maybe she put the back wheel under the pillow so at least some of it is under there? :dontknow:

Atheists

(Original post by carrotstar)

People who produce the posts on here which are obviously trying to provoke an argument or offence..
    I think this makes more sense than the people who reply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    The high salaries don't purely represent stress though, they represent the fact that not just anyone can do the job.

If that person decided to quit and find another job (potentially paying a better salary), the company would either lose so much money or have such a difficult task in finding a replacement of the same calibre that it's worth paying them a high salary just to keep them.
    well rounded answer

ReputationRep:
    Sponsorship for charity.

Why should my giving to a good cause depend on you running a marathon or skydiving or wearing stupid clothes for the day? What is the logical connection?

"Sorry dying kids, I would love to help but I can't until someone runs 26 miles."

ReputationRep:
    accounting, yet I chose it for a levels lol
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D)
    When people post annoying love quotes to their SO on Facebook. Just tell them, for ****s sake.
    sounds like a conspiracy :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Brexit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradleyLawrence)
    You know what's funny? ive never seen a single person in my life say that on the internet, let alone hear it be said in real life. I reckon this is just an extreme exaggeration perpetuated by people who want to believe it.
    I bet you're using internet explorer :P

ReputationRep:
    black scholes merton model

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Kyx)
    sounds like a conspiracy :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    How stupid people are able to survive for so many generations. By stupid, I mean people who actively do dangerous things without taking any precautions.

Also, how some elderly people can afford to shop at Marks and Spencer every week. I go get some shopping at the shopping centre every week with my Granny but I don't usually buy anything at Marks. She and the various people she meet weekly, on the other hand, buy quite a lot there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    black scholes merton model
    Model just gives us a theoretical value of a European option by looking at the log normal returns. It's all based on the idea that stocks move stochastically with a drift (Geometric Brownian Motion).

Just plug the values into the formula and boom you've got your value.

It starts getting long when you partially differentiate the equation though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaGeehkaal)
    Model just gives us a theoretical value of a European option by looking at the log normal returns. It's all based on the idea that stocks move stochastically with a drift (Geometric Brownian Motion).

Just plug the values into the formula and boom you've got your value.

It starts getting long when you partially differentiate the equation though lol.
    genius! now what's the formula pls.. like one simple formula such that i don't have to do no bloody probability crap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    genius! now what's the formula pls.. like one simple formula such that i don't have to do no bloody probability crap
    long ting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Sorry, it wasn't intended as rude or anything like that. I was just giving an example as a comparison. For us atheists the idea of there being a god is as unrealistic as that story I wrote. I was trying to answer your question with something we can both relate to.

I wasn't really thinking about the logistics of the bicycle though, like how is the tooth fairy meant to keep you asleep while cramming the bike into your bed? I suppose magic pixie sleeping powder would work, maybe she put the back wheel under the pillow so at least some of it is under there? :dontknow:
    Damn I'm so sorry. I wasn't offended at all about what you said. I found it funny, which is why I gave it a rep lol. My reply was supposed to be funny and sarcastic- but it looks like I failed miserably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by champ_mc99)
    Damn I'm so sorry. I wasn't offended at all about what you said. I found it funny, which is why I gave it a rep lol. My reply was supposed to be funny and sarcastic- but it looks like I failed miserably.
    Oh don't worry about it it's not your fault. I'm just rubbish at sarcasm!

ReputationRep:
    The system of working 9-5 for your whole life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.