The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Because not everybody sets their standards as low as you do.
Original post by TercioOfParma
I don't get why there is the interpretation that women find it easier than men to get laid, i mean there are actually slightly more women than men, so surely it would be the other way around?

Are you serious?
I don't get why there is the interpretation that women find it easier than men to get laid, i mean there are actually slightly more women than men, so surely it would be the other way around?

Anyway, I kinda regret going to a single sex school because I feel like i've missed out on something beautiful

Because men are dogs and think with their penis. Sex can mean so much more to women.

But also social aspects,

A man who sleeps around: Legend
A woman who sleeps around: Slut

Among other reasons too, fear of pregnancy and STD's. Women can be so much more health concious.
wow u must be an idiot
Original post by Venusian Visitor
Are you serious?

Yes. I frankly don't understand it. As a guy I see women go for men as men go for women, its never really crossed my mind that men are disadvantaged in any way. I have heard of MGTOW and all that on the internet but they seem to be very much outliers.

Original post by FailedTeacher
Because men are dogs and think with their penis. Sex can mean so much more to women.

But also social aspects,

A man who sleeps around: Legend
A woman who sleeps around: Slut

Among other reasons too, fear of pregnancy and STD's. Women can be so much more health concious.

Not all men think with penis, I move glacially with women. I have been flirting and becoming close with a girl I like for like a year so I can have somebody who likes me back to be with. If I thought with my dick, I would go down to the local club and shag some slag.

It is stupid to generalise, and frankly this sounds like a tumblr interpretation of men, where as men seem to be hitting it with the 4chan interpretation of women.
I dont get relationships in school: they mean nothing, you're judged and you have nothing but hormes for that person.
People have better priorities (like school)
People dont wont bf/gf
Boys and Girls are gross if you really think about them
Reply 166
Never had a girlfriend (22 and not ugly or with an awful personality)
Yes. I frankly don't understand it. As a guy I see women go for men as men go for women, its never really crossed my mind that men are disadvantaged in any way. I have heard of MGTOW and all that on the internet but they seem to be very much outliers.

Not all men think with penis, I move glacially with women. I have been flirting and becoming close with a girl I like for like a year so I can have somebody who likes me back to be with. If I thought with my dick, I would go down to the local club and shag some slag.

It is stupid to generalise, and frankly this sounds like a tumblr interpretation of men, where as men seem to be hitting it with the 4chan interpretation of women.

Stay away from the club ladies. It means you're a slag.

I apologies, of course not all men think with their penis but I was demonstrating a common conception that leads to women finding it hard to find trusting sexual partners.

Seriously? One year and nothing? Friend-zoned? I love that you're taking your time and certainly respect you're being a man and getting to know her. But still, that is a long time. No dating within the time waiting?

A woman just has to put on some makeup and a tight dress and wait for the men to come to her. A man has to approach women hoping he's chosen out of all the others approaching her. To add insult to injury there's not much he's "allowed" to do to improve his appearance. Also he has to be a good talker, a woman can literally not say anything, the man does all the work.
Original post by FailedTeacher
Stay away from the club ladies. It means you're a slag.

I apologies, of course not all men think with their penis but I was demonstrating a common conception that leads to women finding it hard to find trusting sexual partners.

Seriously? One year and nothing? Friend-zoned? I love that you're taking your time and certainly respect you're being a man and getting to know her. But still, that is a long time. No dating within the time waiting?

Yeah, I am just not too keen on generalisations, they are inaccurate. Frankly, I think both genders have trouble with trust, and that may be exacerbated by how society is now and how it has become so liberal and how people are unwilling now to make relationships work in spite of difference. I would rather have a very close friend than simply get my dick wet, I can wait for that, I would rather have sex with somebody I actually love and can be intimate with, sex to me with a stranger is hardly much better than a ****.

A woman just has to put on some makeup and a tight dress and wait for the men to come to her. A man has to approach women hoping he's chosen out of all the others approaching her. To add insult to injury there's not much he's "allowed" to do to improve his appearance. Also he has to be a good talker, a woman can literally not say anything, the man does all the work.

There is a ****ton a guy can do, go to the gym, surgery. Sure, a man shouldn't put on makeup, but women are much more focused on the personality when selecting partners, at least from what I can tell. Men are generally more visual, as much as I like to create a loving environment with people I want to be with, I still value how they look.
Yeah, I am just not too keen on generalisations, they are inaccurate. Frankly, I think both genders have trouble with trust, and that may be exacerbated by how society is now and how it has become so liberal and how people are unwilling now to make relationships work in spite of difference. I would rather have a very close friend than simply get my dick wet, I can wait for that, I would rather have sex with somebody I actually love and can be intimate with, sex to me with a stranger is hardly much better than a ****.

There is a ****ton a guy can do, go to the gym, surgery. Sure, a man shouldn't put on makeup, but women are much more focused on the personality when selecting partners, at least from what I can tell. Men are generally more visual, as much as I like to create a loving environment with people I want to be with, I still value how they look.

Why shouldn't a guy wear make up :frown: I wore it and the girls loved me :wink: and my dress ..

What if the woman doesn't want to wear a tight dress or make up?

A woman has to hope she's chosen too, and hopefully by and upstanding gentleman.

I've had plenty of women put the moves on me and do all the work, it happens and it can be sexy and not 'desperate' as always may see it. Well unless they're referring to their choice of partner being me? Who knows :frown:

But generally, quite a mundane and unsupported theory you have there.

Gym is hard, not everyone likes it. The gain in attention from women is way overhyped anyway. Prince was the least ripped man in history and he laid half the planet.

Exactly you just proved my point. Women prefer personality men prefer looks. Now take an ugly female. Ugly female can wear makeup and work on her body. Now take an autistic male. He's ****ed because he can't change his personality. Women have it easier because it's easier to fake appearance than personality.
Gym is hard, not everyone likes it. The gain in attention from women is way overhyped anyway. Prince was the least ripped man in history and he laid half the planet.

Exactly you just proved my point. Women prefer personality men prefer looks. Now take an ugly female. Ugly female can wear makeup and work on her body. Now take an autistic male. He's ****ed because he can't change his personality. Women have it easier because it's easier to fake appearance than personality.

Lifes hard, you have to work to get things you want. If your drive to be attractive doesn't outweigh your dislike for the gym, then you only have yourself to blame. I was presenting an example. Prince had bags of personality and confidence too.

A woman cannot wear makeup forever can she, and even when you paint a pig it doesn't make it any less of a pig. An autist can drink alcohol and take drugs to change his personality.
Lifes hard, you have to work to get things you want. If your drive to be attractive doesn't outweigh your dislike for the gym, then you only have yourself to blame. I was presenting an example. Prince had bags of personality and confidence too.

A woman cannot wear makeup forever can she, and even when you paint a pig it doesn't make it any less of a pig. An autist can drink alcohol and take drugs to change his personality.

Why must I do something I don't like just to please others? If no-one will date me because I refuse to work out at the gym then that's society's fault for having stupid expectations of people.

A woman can get away with makeup until she's well into her 50s. Yes an autist could do drugs and alcohol but again why must he **** up his health just to get laid?
Why must I do something I don't like just to please others? If no-one will date me because I refuse to work out at the gym then that's society's fault for having stupid expectations of people.

A woman can get away with makeup until she's well into her 50s. Yes an autist could do drugs and alcohol but again why must he **** up his health just to get laid?

You don't, just like women don't have a mandate to wear make up. You don't want to do it? Then don't do it, just don't be surprised when you don't get the results you want.

Also, autists are really good at reading books, so if you were able to get an autist obsessed with social interaction, then things could go incredibly well for him.
Probably either shyness, ugliness, poor personality, lack of opportunities, unstable
Lifestyle(moving from place to place). Of course there some who simply have no desire, but that's probably minority. Most who have convinced themeselves that it was a choice were likely forced to prortitise other pursuits when they quickly(or in some cases, painfully) realised that attracting a partner wouldn't come easy to them. And in our society, someone putting too much effort into looking for a partner comes across as needy and pathetic. I also believe there is a stigma In being too ethustiatic about wanting a BF/GF especially for girls. Just my pet theory though, could be entirely wrong.
You don't, just like women don't have a mandate to wear make up. You don't want to do it? Then don't do it, just don't be surprised when you don't get the results you want.

Also, autists are really good at reading books, so if you were able to get an autist obsessed with social interaction, then things could go incredibly well for him.

Women don't have problems even if they don't wear makeup. I don't know why you are still arguing, if you check over all the "waah im a virgin" threads on here It's all males.
Original post by AngryRedhead
I apologise in advance if this comes across as rude or insensitive but, barring cases where you went to a single gender secondary school, how does someone get to, like, 18 or 19 and not manage to get a boyfriend or girlfriend? I was a total dork in high school but even I managed to get a boyfriend at 15.

Your statement of somebody not 'managing' to get a boyfriend/girlfriend is, quite frankly, stupid - that implies the person is trying to get a relationship, which is not always the case. In fact, there are a lot of people that are not interested in relationships for a variety of reasons (can't be bothered, there isn't anybody they are interested in, etc, etc) and I have absolutely no idea why you even care.

Plus - did you really like your "boyfriend" (if you can call it that at such a young age) at 15? You used the world 'managed', which means to succeed in something despite difficult circumstances, which has connotations of you settling. Perhaps others aren't quite as desperate as you were to have some form of relationship just to 'say they had it', and are more self-assured that they don't need the validation of a boyfriend/girlfriend that you seem to need?
What is so bad about a 18 or 19 year old not having a boyfriend/girlfriend? Aren't they not still young? Or am I just missing something lol?

Maybe they haven't met the right one? Focusing on their studies? They are uninterested in relationships?

Latest

Trending

Trending