Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Woke up this morning and still in shock. I think I always will be about this, thb.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    Could you do that? You appear to be very outspoken.
    Of course i could ..... I can remain neutral online ..i don't need to share my views on a student forum ........... But i do anyway
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    And your point is ? That didn't stop me running last time . remind the house who came fourth ?
    you don't need to be defensive or attack me just because you are upset. It has nothing to do with this and you know it

ReputationRep:
    Of course i could ..... I can remain neutral online ..i don't need to share my views on a student forum ........... But i do anyway
    Haha, fair enough!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

#hazzer19984Speaker
    /:

In any case, I echo the house. Thank you Ray!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    you don't need to be defensive or attack me just because you are upset. It has nothing to do with this and you know it
    When am i becoming defensive ? if anything your attacking me .....By saying " I have no experience of party leadership " Since when was this a requirement for speaker and becoming an experienced MP ? If i remember correctly your were only acting leader of the greens but weren't you voted out ?

ReputationRep:
    I thank the Acting Speaker for his statement and wish the former Speaker well for the future.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    When am i becoming defensive ? if anything your attacking me .....By saying " I have no experience of party leadership " Since when was this a requirement for speaker and becoming an experienced MP ? If i remember correctly your were only acting leader of the greens but weren't you voted out ?
    you were attacking my performance and that of Dc for simply stating your opinions. you need to learn to take comments and criticism without turning it back on others because that helps no one.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is a tremendous shame. Ray has done an excellent job as Speaker and I'm very surprised the House has decided to vote to remove him.

I look forward to seeing who stands. There is currently only a small handful of people I would trust to maintain high standards as Speaker.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Birchington)
    This is a tremendous shame. Ray has done an excellent job as Speaker and I'm very surprised the House has decided to vote to remove him.

I look forward to seeing who stands. There is currently only a small handful of people I would trust to maintain high standards as Speaker.
    Being absent more than present over many months is an excellent job, what's a bad job then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Pulling the strings behind?
    Of course not :ninja:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Being absent more than present over many months is an excellent job, what's a bad job then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The House hasn't crashed and burned, it has remained active. Updates have been sent on a regular, nightly basis. Key duties have been performed as normal, whether by Ray or Toronto. These 3 tasks above were for me the most important duties as Speaker - I feel Ray, supported by Toronto when required, has done his best to ensure these tasks were fulfilled. That in my eyes has made his Speakership as successful as possible.

Let's cast our eyes back to Faland, who actually did a disappearing act and did not send updates or even liaise with Toronto during his long-term absences. Ray's absences haven't been anywhere near as critical to the operation of the House, and for that reason it does seem a little harsh to get rid of him.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And you are ? :confused:
    Of course not, but I'm not even considering the notion of running for Speakership.

I don't mean any offence but it's a very big job and I don't think anyone who's been here less than 2 years and/or never been in a senior MHoC position should be Speaker. I'd probably vote for Rakas over one of the newer leftists if it ever came to that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The House hasn't crashed and burned, it has remained active. Updates have been sent on a regular, nightly basis. Key duties have been performed as normal, whether by Ray or Toronto. These 3 tasks above were for me the most important duties as Speaker - I feel Ray, supported by Toronto when required, has done his best to ensure these tasks were fulfilled. That in my eyes has made his Speakership as successful as possible.

Let's cast our eyes back to Faland, who actually did a disappearing act and did not send updates or even liaise with Toronto during his long-term absences. Ray's absences haven't been anywhere near as critical to the operation of the House, and for that reason it does seem a little harsh to get rid of him.
    SO basically Ray was excellent because Toronto did everything...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Of course not, but I'm not even considering the notion of running for Speakership.

I don't mean any offence but it's a very big job and I don't think anyone who's been here less than 2 years and/or never been in a senior MHoC position should be Speaker. I'd probably vote for Rakas over one of the newer leftists if it ever came to that.
    I understand that and no offence was taken

I'm just making the point that my experience didn't stop me running for speaker last time
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    SO basically Ray was excellent because Toronto did everything...
    As far as I'm concerned, they worked as an effective team to get things done. Will you be standing?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As far as I'm concerned, they worked as an effective team to get things done. Will you be standing?
    I don't feel it is my time yet, got other things I wish to do before I try retiring to the chair
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I don't feel it is my time yet, got other things I wish to do before I try retiring to the chair
    Fair enough. It is a tough job, I wish everyone who stands the best of luck.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Fair enough. It is a tough job, I wish everyone who stands the best of luck.
    Naturally when I do stand if I fail I will be fleeing to the Liberals to retire
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Naturally when I do stand if I fail I will be fleeing to the Liberals to retire
    Good choice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.