Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How low can the grade boundaries go? Lower than 34%?

I'm at about 32% by my calculations

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how people found the exam that hard. Like it does not deserve to have a petition made out of it. I failed my prelim so i worked my ass off for the exam. People should focus more on working rather than trying to lower the grade boundaries because the exam was a little "challenging"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackers789)
    I don't see how people found the exam that hard. Like it does not deserve to have a petition made out of it. I failed my prelim so i worked my ass off for the exam. People should focus more on working rather than trying to lower the grade boundaries because the exam was a little "challenging"
    Same situation for me. I didn't find paper 1 hard at all apart from the two questions that baffled me a little, the 3D triangle where we had to use pythagoras to find the length and the very last question with the rectangle confused me a lot, the sketch the graph question confused me a little too, only those 3 but the rest were a piece of cake. Paper 2 was the standard for a calculator question despite the fact that paper 2 had mostly non-calculator questions in it. I think the SQA have done this intentionally to trip us up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1814)
    How low can the grade boundaries go? Lower than 34%?

I'm at about 32% by my calculations
    Is that your estimation of the final percentage for just the paper 1 or both ?

ReputationRep:
    @sumteacherweb no longer exists for some strange reason, does anyone happen to have a copy of both papers (I didn't do nat 5 I did adv higher I just want to have a look at it)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackers789)
    Do you happen to have a copy of the nat 5 paper? Or where I can find it? @sumteacherweb has been deleted so I don't know where it could be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    Is that your estimation of the final percentage for just the paper 1 or both ?
    Both. I always do terrible on paper 2 so I was counting on a decent paper 1 to help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1814)
    Both. I always do terrible on paper 2 so I was counting on a decent paper 1 to help
    Thats the same with me, Luckily I found Paper 2 pretty straight forward, a few clumsy mistakes but I think it saved my Paper 1 results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Person556)
    @sumteacherweb no longer exists for some strange reason, does anyone happen to have a copy of both papers (I didn't do nat 5 I did adv higher I just want to have a look at it)
    just search maths 2016 nat 5 solutions on google lol

ReputationRep:
    You can just type it up on google it comes up on google images have a look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Person556)
    The SQA probably kidnapped him

ReputationRep:
    DLBmaths on YouTube is has also started to upload the 2016 nat5 solutions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higherdude)
    Anyone got the national 5 paper?
    SumTeacher on Facebook posted paper 1 and paper 2 with all of the solutions

ReputationRep:
    I have got a question, see if I worked out a question the way it was meant to be worked out but got it the wrong way round for example in the pythagoras question you had to divide 9 by 2 to get 4.5 but I accidentally divided 6.6 to get 3.3 then done 9 squared minus 3.3 squared and then square rooted the answer and then rounded my final answer, will I atleast get 1 mark for that + the diagram? also on the angle question I added 143 and the missing angle to get 180 and then subtracted 180-90 then subtracted that answer, will I get 1 mark out of the three? also on paper 1 prior to the sector question, I got the formula correct and then 45/360 and then I wrote 1/8 x 3.14 but I simplified 8 and 20 by dividing by 4 by accident when I shouldn't have, do I get the lowest mark for atleast showing some evidence?????(. I have answered all the questions and mixed up the two formulas for the triangle questions. In the end can the SQA award me at the least 1 mark out of the 3 for some working but the wrong answer at the end?

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please watch this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflhR8RUd-0

Its the 2nd last question from Paper 2 2016 Nat 5

I may be incorrect but isn't the final answer 4.8 + 6.6 (Not +9 as shown in the video).
    Isn't it the radius of the circle which is from the centre to the circumference so it should be 6.6, right ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody please watch this video ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflhR8RUd-0

Its the 2nd last question from Paper 2 2016 Nat 5

I may be incorrect but isn't the final answer 4.8 + 6.6 (Not +9 as shown in the video).
    Isn't it the radius of the circle which is from the centre to the circumference so it should be 6.6, right ?

Thanks
    It is meant to be 6.6cm added onto the 4.8cm you worked out using Pythagoras.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_x_x)
    It is meant to be 6.6cm added onto the 4.8cm you worked out using Pythagoras.
    Yeah thanks, I was wondering why he added 9.

How did you find the exam ? Good/Bad What do you think you will get?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks, I was wondering why he added 9.

How did you find the exam ? Good/Bad What do you think you will get?
    Not too bad, but not great either. That paper 1 was absolutely nothing like what they put in the model papers for this session. I still don't understand that question in paper 1 about simplifying tan^2xcos^2x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_x_x)
    Not too bad, but not great either. That paper 1 was absolutely nothing like what they put in the model papers for this session. I still don't understand that question in paper 1 about simplifying tan^2xcos^2x
    I just had quite a lot of silly mistakes, By looking at the paper solutions and harshly marking it I think I got 25/50, I got 32/40 in my prelim but I just wasn't expecting that Paper, anyway I did great in paper 2.

ReputationRep:
    I just had quite a lot of silly mistakes, By looking at the paper solutions and harshly marking it I think I got 25/50, I got 32/40 in my prelim but I just wasn't expecting that Paper, anyway I did great in paper 2.
    I think paper 2 saved most people's mark. It's stupid how the SQA responded to the petitions by saying that the paper was the right standards for N5.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.