Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Guys if i possibly got 50 marks on this paper, what marks do i need on s1 and c2 to get an A, and what marks do i need for a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProKi)
    Guys if i possibly got 50 marks on this paper, what marks do i need on s1 and c2 to get an A, and what marks do i need for a B?
    You probably need 2 As close to full UMS to get an A overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I maybe lost 12-15 marks, I ran out of time! So I rushed the last 3 Questions, I think next exam I need to start with the hardest, because at the end if I don't have time, I can do the easy ones quick.

Did anyone of you get 17/2 somewhere? I don't remember the question, but I think the gradient was = 17/2 or something.
    yep i got that

ReputationRep:
    the C1 paper required a calculator..definately!

ReputationRep:
    For question 7 on the model answers if we just left it like the equation on the left how many marks would you get

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Let's say get a C for this paper (C1)then A for C2 and Low B for M1 what would it be all together. I'm actually worried about having to retake next year and I don't want to do that. Someone pls help

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4095927

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Let's say get a C for this paper (C1)then A for C2 and Low B for M1 what would it be all together. I'm actually worried about having to retake next year and I don't want to do that. Someone pls help
    I'd say a mid B, but it depends on your overall UMS and how far you're into the A grade boundary for C2

ReputationRep:
    See, I do further maths so I found this quite easy (Touch wood) The only part that threw me was the Sum to 100 question? luckily it was only 1 mark lol

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    i heard that the exam board will take the 2 best results from s1 c1 and c2 to determine our AS result. is this true?

ReputationRep:
    No that's not true, all three marks are used

ReputationRep:
    What do you all think the grade boundaries will be? I'm praying like 60 for an A

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Y13, resat for some more UMS and thought a few questions were very cruel. Feel bad for you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_99)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...7&d=1463576437

This is the paper and mark scheme
    How did you get it?

ReputationRep:
    Don't know how people managed to screw up so badly, just a couple of tricky questions here and there, I'll admit that the quadrilateral question was slightly hard, after checking the unofficial markscheme I'm pretty confident for that 100%, anyway gl to everyone else and be glad that we have a calculator in C2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oscarchow)
    How to square root a huge fraction?????
    you just root the numerator and root the denominator separately.
    eg 25/4
    root25/root4

=5/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    i got a C last year in C1 and re sat it today and found it so much easier, at least 70/75. dw it will be so much easier next year if youve ****ed it that bad because A2 is 50 times as hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LK1ace)
    i got a C last year in C1 and re sat it today and found it so much easier, at least 70/75. dw it will be so much easier next year if youve ****ed it that bad because A2 is 50 times as hard
    Thanks buddy! also what did yyou get for the others (c2? m1/s1)?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.change.org/p/nicky-morga...ons_share_skip

Guys sign this if you like

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.